My first price suggestion.... I was absolutely stupid.

CYB3RBYTE

Hi. I just made a price vote today on an item I had, not knowing how big of a no no that actually was before doing such a thing. I had seen other users do this before on bp.tf, so I (stupidly) decided to try it.

Now, I had suggested that my Circling Peace Sign Employee Of The Mmmph should be 20 keys instead of 18.75, due to it's rarity (it's 1 of 2). 

I now know how selfish and stupid doing this actually made me look without any proper evidence. I read up on how to actually make a price suggestion so in the future I will only do so with extreme care. 

I'm extremely sorry if I angered anyone or made anyone think that I am a total jacka$$ in this process. 

it happens to a lot of people, most suggestors with hundreds of suggestions accepted had terrible first suggestions (including myself)

I just feel like absolute sh*t now because I was called pathetic and shamed for having premium. 

people will call you that even if your suggestion is perfectly reasonable

if you ever want help suggesting, there are plenty of people here, including myself, who would be happy to help you

It's okay happens to the best of us. If anything because you own the unusual you would be more familiar with it's prices. My first suggestion was for a G fetti anger and I tried to raise it similar your suggestion because it was somewhat undervalued at the time and i was called an idiot, manipulator...etc because I owned the hat. The price I put up was correct that it needed a rise but I didnt know about proof. I started doing normal suggestions and came back and updated my anger to the around the same range after (y)

Well you are better than 97.2% of people who mess up their suggestions. You apologized. Makes you 10/10.

Just keep plugging along, look at other suggestions to see how much proof you will typically need.

Ignore the asshats. People LOVE being completely insufferable on price suggestion comments.

people will call you that even if your suggestion is perfectly reasonable

if you ever want help suggesting, there are plenty of people here, including myself, who would be happy to help you

Thanks for the offer of help! BTW still eyeing that DBD Stately Steel Toe of yours, heh.

And also thanks everyone. I'm gonna try a suggestion on a phosphorous brigade helm and see if I can't bring it down. I'm gonna arm myself with prices this time. Thanks for all of your great advice guys, it really turned my day around!

Archived