What does Original mean?

4rsenal

o·rig·i·nal

əˈrijənl/

adjective

1. 1.

present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest.

"the original owner of the house"

synonyms: indigenousnativeaboriginalautochthonous

2. 2.

created directly and personally by a particular artist; not a copy or imitation.

"original Rembrandts"

synonyms: first, earliest

If the user currently having it in their backpack is the original owner (unboxer).

Original unboxer still owns it.

False, it actually refers to whether the item has the original ID or not. The ID is altered whenever a person trades an item, but also when any modifications are made to an item. Therefore if the original owner still owns it but has ever renamed it, given it a custom description, given it killstreaks, strangified it, added a Halloween spell, etc, then it will no longer show up as original.

For example: I own some Collector's Mantreads, which I completed and subsequently added killstreaks too, the original ID is 3022209878 and the current ID was changed to 3576057938 when I added the killstreaks.

If you do a rare item search (and lack premium) for Collector's Mantreads, you will notice that the current id (3576xxxxxx) is not listed, but the original id (3022xxxxxx) is listed and has a big fat "No" in the original column, because despite being the original owner the item is no longer in its original state.

False, it actually refers to whether the item has the original ID or not. The ID is altered whenever a person trades an item, but also when any modifications are made to an item. Therefore if the original owner still owns it but has ever renamed it, given it a custom description, given it killstreaks, strangified it, added a Halloween spell, etc, then it will no longer show up as original.

For example: I own some Collector's Mantreads, which I completed and subsequently added killstreaks too, the original ID is 3022209878 and the current ID was changed to 3576057938 when I added the killstreaks.

If you do a rare item search (and lack premium) for Collector's Mantreads, you will notice that the current id (3576xxxxxx) is not listed, but the original id (3022xxxxxx) is listed and has a big fat "No" in the original column, because despite being the original owner the item is no longer in its original state.

thats just making it more complicated than it has to be

thats just making it more complicated than it has to be

Don't see how, I just explained what original actually means and gave a bunch of examples in which it would no longer be listed as original.

Then I used a personal example to explain/proof that my explanation is correct by showing an item that I am the original owner of + am current owner of, but is still not listed as original.

Archived