No hype, not even demand for unusual weapon skins?

AiR²³

This so much.

People don't even seem to realize that these are valve made so of course they aren't very good looking. I mean, take a look at the first collections that were released in csgo. All of them are bad. Just like the current tf2 ones.

http://csgostash.com/collection/The+Alpha+Collection

http://csgostash.com/collection/The+Assault+Collection

And for the love of god, do not say that glock fade looks good because it was considered a shit looking skin back in the day.

Give the game time for community skins to be released. This is history repeating itself all over again as the csgo community said this very thing.

Hey... don't you go insulting my AUG Hot Rod. That thing is sexy a.f.

Or my 0.0009 float Scar-20 emerald... oohhh you make meh so maaddd.

Just wait till' the workshop skins get accepted.

The skins on the workshop are very pretty.

There will come more skins out & cases,

as Blaqk said some of the CS:GO skins are shitty too,

but they got better, Valve will learn from their mistakes. (Just like cs:go.)

the hype must have dropped off almost immediately

I was able to sell my FT mercenary grade unusual wep for market price in under a day just over a week ago, now I see people offering them around trying to ditch them

To be honest, the effects aren't *that* terrible, I was expecting much much worse. I'm actually looking around to buy a cool / hot weapon, just dunno what I want yet. Probably a medi-gun.

It's also a problem where a lot of people don't want to make that bad deal. The unusuals are very rare, and have little to no solid pricing. No one wants to be that person who shells out for an unusual weapon, and then a month later finds they can't even get a third the price they bought it for. 

As others have said, once the market for them becomes a bit more stable, and we have more variety in skins from the workshop, unusual weapons will become a stock and standard for the rich load outs, just like Australiums. 

You guys say there's no hype or demand to them, yet there's no shortage of people asking exploitive prices on outpost. 

It's a real shame unusuals in events always end up following these same patterns.  Exploitive prices to start, passed around the high tier traders like a game of hot potato until one ends up stuck with it when the prices drop...   meanwhile the unusuals get longer and longer histories, ugly killstreaks/name tags ("lel, I am so clever, pay extra"), and a higher chance of passing through scammers' hands or getting gifted, which just ruins them for us serious collectors.

Anyway, I'm not going to bother chasing the strange ones I want until September.

Exploitive prices to start, passed around the high tier traders like a game of hot potato until one ends up stuck with it when the prices drop... 

You mean like every single Disco Beat Down hat when the third gens came out? kek.

I remember being on unusual servers and the richfags were jerking their dicks in the corner over DBD. Now it's "cancer". Always gives me a chuckle.

You mean like every single Disco Beat Down hat when the third gens came out? kek.

I remember being on unusual servers and the richfags were jerking their dicks in the corner over DBD. Now it's "cancer". Always gives me a chuckle.

http://backpack.tf/vote/?quality=5&item=Brown%20Bomber&priceindex=62&tradable=1&craftable=1&state=0,1,2&unvotable=1&australium=-1&killstreak_tier=

The path of the DBD Bomber.....suggestions began at 40 buds two years ago, and now you can probably get one for 50 keys pure.  Funny though, does DBD really look worse than fetti?  Sure, a lot of people will say yes, but I would bet a handful of keys on the fact that if you showed someone who doesn't know anything about unusuals or TF2, DBD and some other effects, they wouldn't guess it's regarded as low as it is.  

DBD is nice, but it is so common that it is cheap. It is kind of like Stormy Storm, it was super expensive at one point in time. It is a decent effect, but there are just so many that supply completely trumps demand.

This so much.

People don't even seem to realize that these are valve made so of course they aren't very good looking. I mean, take a look at the first collections that were released in csgo. All of them are bad. Just like the current tf2 ones.

http://csgostash.com/collection/The+Alpha+Collection

http://csgostash.com/collection/The+Assault+Collection

And for the love of god, do not say that glock fade looks good because it was considered a shit looking skin back in the day.

Give the game time for community skins to be released. This is history repeating itself all over again as the csgo community said this very thing.

I really dont see a difference in the quality of skins in those 2, and Alpha is made by valve, lol. Imo, most of the old csgo skins are better quality than the new community ones. I mean, look at pistols. Almost all of the best looking/most expensive skins are part of default map collections: Deagle Blaze(and Hand Cannon but that's mostly due to tradeups), Case Hardened 5-7, the 4 best glock skins(Glock Fade, Brass, Candy Apple, and maybe Night?), the only glock that comes even close to the valve ones is twilight galaxy. The P2k Scorpion, Ocean Foam, Tec-9 Blue Titanium, Brass, and Nuclear Threat is hella expensive. The two most expensive AK skins are valve-made: Case Hardened and Fire Serpent. P90 Emerald Dragon, AWP Dragonlore for fuck sake, Graphite and Pink DDPAT, MP7 Whiteout, MAC-10 DDPAT and Graven, UMP Blaze, the list keeps going. The only gun where there aren't any good valve skins is thie M4A4, the A1 has Knight and Masterpiece... I don't see how anyone can claim that the valve skins were hands down the worse.

Archived