Who is your candidate for the U.S 2016 Presidential Election?

Avenging Flame

Seeing as we have a topic just about Trump, Im curious who everyone is favoring so far for the election next year. My preferred candidate is John Kasich. He has a history of balancing budgets, being the head of the house budget committee that created the surplus of the 1990s and he has done wonders for Ohio. What about you guys?

I distrust the entire political process and I pretty much ignore presidential elections as much as I can until there are only 2 or 3 strong candidates remaining.  Then basically I curl into a fetal position and weep over the choices and just hope that the least morally compromised candidate is elected.  In the end, they're all pretty bad, and it's all about what flavor of shit you think you'll hate the least.

I think that about sums up US presidential elections.

Boris Johnson.

(I'm British, as long as you manage to elect someone who won't drag our idiotic PM into a war I'm happy)

Boris Johnson.

(I'm British, as long as you manage to elect someone who won't drag our idiotic PM into a war I'm happy)

Boris for World Leader.

Well ... I did an on-line test:

• Bernie Sanders (94%)
  • Hillery (93%)
  • Martin O'Mally (74%)

• Huckebee (43%)
  • Rand Paul (30%)
  • Jeb Bush (27%)

• Trump (12%)
  • Scott Walker (7%)
  • Ted Cruz (3%)
  • Ben Carson (1%)

Edit: conclusion

(1) from stances on issues, I thing I'd prever Bernie, but I think that Hillery would be the better candidate (it would be a  good sign that a in the 21st century, a woman is able to be ellected)

(2) I had no idea who Ben Carson was, so I looked him up ... and ... I didn't hink it was possible, but yes, I would rather vote for Trump then Carson ...

I'm kind of hoping, it will be Jeb Bush vs Hillery Clinton (with, obviously Clinton winning in the end)

Boris Johnson.

Boris is a dangerous man IMO. It's amusing to see his supposed chums in the tory party crap all over him in recent weeks to remind him to get back in his box (the water cannon fiasco being just one example).

I'm left-wing so Bernie Sanders if I had a vote. For UK elections... ehh depends. I live in Scotland and was happy to vote SNP, but you wouldn't get an SNP MP as PM. So I'd probably prefer Jeremy Corbyn because screw the other three contenders for Labour leadership.

I'm not going to vote.

But know Clinton is going to win california like for sure. And who ever wins california has a huge advantage because we have a lot of electoral votes >: )

I would like for a more liberal house and senate. I dont like moral conservatives, you can be conservative on stuff like money and thats okay.

But if you dont support the idea of peoples rights and liberties , and equally among race and gender thats not okay. Reasons why I dont like a lot of morally conservative politicians

the thing I hate the most is how the most controversial candidates get the most publicity, rather than the ones who arent terrible

I want Bernie to get elected, he did a good job governing Vermont and didn't get screwed by his party ideals like Romney did, but I know that wont happen with stupid Hillary running

Boris Johnson.

Boris Johnson for president of the world.

I'm left-wing so Bernie Sanders if I had a vote. For UK elections... ehh depends. I live in Scotland and was happy to vote SNP, but you wouldn't get an SNP MP as PM. So I'd probably prefer Jeremy Corbyn because screw the other three contenders for Labour leadership.

ho ho ho ho , what a serious candidate

Oh look, a reader of the Torygraph.

Come back when you don't intend to link such bias, mk?

I don't agree with everything they've done but they're certainly better than the alternative, by far. I'd rather have New Labour again than a neo-Soviet state under a questionable leader (who is very unlikely to win any election - the centre ground is where the votes are won).

I don't agree with everything they've done but they're certainly better than the alternative, by far. I'd rather have New Labour again than a neo-Soviet state under a questionable leader (who is very unlikely to win any election - the centre ground is where the votes are won).

Equating Labour to Stalin-style Soviet Communism - rofl

Stating the idea that the ability to gain power is the most important thing for a democratic party rather than having ideals and guiding principles that the don't drop at the first whiff of power a la Lib Dems - rofl

The first point could have come from Richard Littlejohn himself, and the second point is a deeply cynical view of how to operate in a democracy. Give me a party that speaks for my principles and stands for my principles any day rather than one which has none as long as power is on the table.

obama

But seriously we just need a president to fix the internal problems, rather than making "democracy" in other countries 

trump hands down he will do a better job at destroying this country than i ever could

trump would fit in with the other clowns in washington

trump would fit in with the other clowns in washington

If what I've seen of Trump of true, and it probably is, there is no doubt in my mind that him becoming president would almost immediately signal the end of the world. It just would.

If what I've seen of Trump of true, and it probably is, there is no doubt in my mind that him becoming president would almost immediately signal the end of the world. It just would.

I'd actually like to see Trump get elected just because he will definitely strangle someone in Congress at some point for never letting him build a giant fence on the Mexican border

Archived