Canadian Dollar (Loonie) drops to lowest value in over 11 years

A Cyan Stone in Mustard

This is good for your investments. I'm not sure what the Canadian economy is based on, but if it is anything like the Dutch one it is better for your economy to have a very low value (but stable and trusted) currency. It will suck if you import a whole lot or travel abroad

This is good for your investments. I'm not sure what the Canadian economy is based on, but if it is anything like the Dutch one it is better for your economy to have a very low value (but stable and trusted) currency. It will suck if you import a whole lot or travel abroad

"stable"

The Canadian dollar is anything but stable, it's gone down like a quarter since a few years ago. And doesn't the Netherlands use Euros?

EDIT: Wow, my profile pic goes really well with this LKPrh0k.png

IIRC, the US dollar was lower than that silly fake canadian money (lol) at one point.  Currencies fluctuate.  Although I'm not sure how this would affect the average canadian, I think they will be fine for the most part.  Many of them will probably not even notice or care.  Frankly, I hope they'll be okay just so I can go on making fun of them for being canadians.  They did give us justin beiber, after all.  TAKE HIM BACK.

IIRC, the US dollar was lower than that silly fake canadian money (lol) at one point.  Currencies fluctuate.  Although I'm not sure how this would affect the average canadian, I think they will be fine for the most part.  

In regards to in-country trades, it's not too big of a difference to be a major problem. The problem becomes more obvious however when we try to buy items that only accept USD payments, or when we try to convert CAN to USD; in that case we end up actually having to pay more.

And doesn't the Netherlands use Euros?

Yes, but it still importantant for import & export with countries that don't use the euro.

I'm not sure what the Canadian economy is based on, but if it is anything like the Dutch one it is better for your economy to have a very low value (but stable and trusted) currency. It will suck if you import a whole lot or travel abroad

AFAIK the import situation in Canada has been one where they usually export more consumer goods and raw goods than they import.

... sooo, this would/could/should be a good thing

Archived