Harassement by backpack.tf community members

`Yahiamice

Here's my story:

A while ago, while i was strugging to sell my cloudy moon flamenco,i decided to lend it to kuuko so that he brokers it to me so that i actually make use of my free time other than trading.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/26446137

He got an offer of ~~350 in unusuals,which was my buyout. After speaking with him about the containing of the offer,i asked him to accept. 

Little did we know that he was a scammer alt. Since he had a few hours of TF2, many high tier unusuals BUT no SR/FOG reports, Kuuko thought it was fine to trade with him and didn't think of the consequences.

Sharp recieved a report on f-o-g.eu about being a scammer alt that was handled and got him marked the same day.

Kuuko,then,recieved a report from Bomber rat on FOG about trading with "an obvious scammer alt", Sharp. The report was also handled the same day,but,fortunately,Kuuko only recieved a single verbal warning from the staff authorities.

The day following that, Toughsox added me concerning my trade. Kuuko had transferred me the brokered item so fast that tf2outpost histories didn't have Kuuko in the histories, as if i directly traded with Sharp:

aeb16b26a4.png

babdf58a08.png

and had me admit that Kuuko was brokering my hat. I couldn't lie that i had directly traded him to save Kuuko's reputation, since there was ALREADY that FOG report about him and that Toughsox was already notified by it.

Kuuko got a temp 2 ban from outpost, and shortly after that, a week ban from bp.tf 

f53af61f3f.png

Believe me or not, after this incident,i felt EXTREMELY guilty about being implied in the trade. Kuuko had got depressed, told me about his different problems (1500$ bill, being kicked out of house and having trading as his only opportunity to get money as he was "dropping from college")

I proposed him to help him pay his bill by offering him half the keys i get from selling these unusuals, by offering him to help get offers on his low-tier unusuals, camping the vatican trade server for him, and i've even "sacrificed" 4 of my keys to get him premium on bp.tf so that his classifieds for his unusuals would get refreshed every so and often, but the paypal check hasn't been verified yet.

I have screenshots of the chat if you are interested to know in how I want to pay Kuuko back for what happened to him. I am not a disgrateful fuck that makes profit off the back of friends.

Here is a list of the unusuals i owned during/shortly after our trade:

Harvest Moon Tyrannus (~~134)

Kill-a-Watt Pyromancer's Mask (~~100)

Burning Flames Western Wear (~~69 keys)

Circling Hearts Stout Shako (~~41,duped)

Sunbeams Hard counter (~~36,duped)

Massed Flies Sammy Cap (~~75)

Sunbeams Mirror (~~94, duped)

Scorching Flames hermes (~~80,duped)

Price suggestion to make my Harvest Moon Tyrannus drop from 134 to 70, using a single sale and a horrible mini, from "Boom!", frequent user of community forums, friend with Kuuko.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55ab2a9fb98d88102f8b45fc

Price suggestion to make my Harvest Moon Tyrannus drop from 134 to 90, using one sale, while NOT using the apparent C/O of over ~~120 i had on all of my trades: 

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55ab84f1b98d88a42e8b463e

by Gent, also one of Kuuko's close friends and frequent user of the community forums

Price suggestion to make my Burning Flames Western Wear drop from 69 to 55:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55ab34f2dea9e9dd208b46e1

by "Boom!", again

Price suggestion to make my Circling Hearts Stout shako to drop

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55acd486ba8d88ec3d8b4716#comment-55acd486ba8d88ec3d8b4717

Price suggestion to make my Sunbeams Hard counter drop

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55acc863dea9e95e218b47cf

Made within 2 hours of each other

Both made by the same person, "Bestprofitesite", which was also referred to as "Manytrolls", frequent user of the community forums that i used to criticise due to his misuse of the word "Quicksell". Also banned on outpost if that matters.

Manytrolls also JUST made a FOG report about me, to attempt getting me banned for "trading with Sharp", without knowing that the previous report was already handled about Sharp and Kuuko.

"If you trade items very fast, both backpack.tf and outpost dosen't track the history:"

http://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/7372-76561198057412106-yahiamice-lft-open-heavy.html

I'll just guess that Kuuko has "hired" all these people to attempt making my trading life worse, or if they all thought "Hey, let's get revenge on him for being part of our best friend's mistake!"

I'd just like to highlight the Harvest Tyrannus was unintentional. It was made before I knew of any of these shenanigans.

But then you A) called me an idiot in the B ) Counter you made before telling me anything was wrong, and C) added me to harass ME about it.

So it's staying open for that reason. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Also it's been made apparent previously that posting private chat-logs with the intent to defame another user is a bannable offence. Might want to edit those out and give them to mods when they ask for them.

Let's just say your broker is bad, starting with what he sold it for.

The values are clearly all inflated and you both seem like bible.tf noobs with a 2k ref backpack.

VSbfCJk.png

jfbW08t.png

PGhxWP4.png

0Ysa2v4.png

No comment on the sammy cap, ridiculous price on that. It's not themed.

6ojDgAv.png

Awful "theme"

jxfTUPv.png

That's just reference values. The offer was closer to 220 keys, mostly hard to sell unusuals.

Of course what he did has no excuses and especially for what he said afterwards, I think he deserves a permaban. High tier unusuals, no hours, but no ban, so it's fine to trade with him? Are you out of your mind?

If anything you're the poor one now. Don't offer him anything. All those price suggestions are blatantly obvious, sans the Tyrannus perhaps.

I'd just like to highlight the Harvest Tyrannus was unintentional. It was made before I knew of any of these shenanigans.

But then you A) called me an idiot in the B ) Counter you made before telling me anything was wrong, and C) added me to harass ME about it.

So it's staying open for that reason. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Also it's been made apparent previously that posting private chat-logs with the intent to defame another user is a bannable offence. Might want to edit those out and give them to mods when they ask for them.

A) About calling you an idiot,it was just a pun on your name that i like to use in order to somehow pinch you up ("intelli-gent"). 

B ) As a price suggestor,it is of your duty to check the last suggestions. Boom's price suggestion contained a comment of me proving that i got the offer of ~~140, which caused him to close it.

C) I didn't harass you,i was just questionning the fact that you're targetting my high-tier unusuals. First the burning flames vintage tyrolean,in which you used my quickbought hat as the only proof, and then my tyrannus.

You know, I very clearly remember Debra saying in some status something like "even if they have little hours if they have no bans/reports then you can't get marked." Does anybody else remember this?

Does ridiculously outdated backpack prices on unusuals even matter... It doesn't change how much they are worth...

You know, I very clearly remember Debra saying in some status something like "even if they have little hours if they have no bans/reports then you can't get marked." Does anybody else remember this?

Yes you can get marked for trading with low hours. Feel free to check why I'm marked.

We expect all users to check the following on all trades greater than 50 keys in value - you must check (1) the SteamRep status, (2) the steam community profile, (3) backpack.tf profile for bans marking them as a scammer or scammer alt, and (4) outpost profile for bans marking them as a scammer or scammer alt. #1 and #2 remain unchanged from the discussion mentioned before. However, in situations where the value of the item exceeds 50 keys in value, we expect users to complete a more thorough background check regarding where they are getting their items from. Frequently, a user is not marked on SteamRep yet but has been identified as a scammer alt on outpost or backpack.tf. On items of this tier or greater, we expect users to check backpack.tf and outpost profiles as well. 

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29027-guide-for-background-checks/

300 key trade, you have absolutely no excuse.

Does ridiculously outdated backpack prices on unusuals even matter... It doesn't change how much they are worth...

It results in people crying whenever the price is rightfully updated. Besides, at higher tiers people aren't as dumb and can clearly tell what it should be worth. Except this previously #40 backpack apparently.

Yes you can get marked for trading with low hours. Feel free to check why I'm marked.

I found the status I was thinking of and it's not at all how I remembered it.

82edf6eb90.png

So yeah nevermind.

My point wasn't that it was right, it definitely wasn't, I just thought Debra was spreading misinformation earlier that might have led to this but it turns out I was just crazy.

Yes, Debra commented that on my status yesterday, Bob.  Edit: I just saw your screenie comment

But seriously, i've known Kuuko for a very long tome. Yes, he can admittedly be an asshole at times, but he's a great guy. If someone really is trying to troll your backpack down to size, i doubt Kuuko has anything to do with it.

I too have given that user a hard time about his "quicksells" that aren't quicksells, and received a trade offer with free keys from an obvious scammer alt the next day. Hence me double checking that one trader yesterday that ended up being okay to trade with. I would assume he would have something to do with it, not Kuuko.

"But Courtney, then why didn't he hit your unusuals?"

Because i only own 2, one of which is 1:1 and unable to be priced, and the other i bought via paypal, and was updated very recently before i traded for it. The "quicksell" guy is a way more valid suspect than Kuuko. Trust me.

EDIT: i'm stupid, i own 3 not 2

- snip -

Here's what I would take away from this: 

1.  Kuuko should have known better than to trade with what appears to be an obvious scammer alt.  Especially as a broker, he needs to be extra cautious (what if he gets marked and has 1000 keys worth of other people's unusuals in his backpack?  Can he just trade them back or will the other people get marked?  SR rules aren't clear in regards to a broker scenario).   

2.  As pointed out, this wasn't actually a great offer.  Most of these hats were overpriced (how is watts higher than DBD?  Hearts higher than Green energy?  The effect tiers have been established a long time ago and the only case where e.g. circling heart would be higher than GE is if there were like 5 GEs and only 1 Circling Heart.  But even then, you'd need to find the right buyer).  Further, 4 of the hats were duped.  While we are talking about relatively low tier hats this shouldn't matter that much, but we all know that at this point in time, the general community treats dupes basically as cancer.  They are harder to sell and you pretty much have to find someone that doesn't care in order to get rid of them at a decent price. 

3.  You are of course responsible, as you ok'd the trade.  You did however receive bad advice from your broker, and I don't blame you for trusting him.  You are guilty in this situation, but most of the guilt should rest with Kuuko.  

This hurts Kuuko's rep as a broker a lot unfortunately.   It shows bad judgement on several fronts (value of items traded, not recognizing a scammer alt when it was fairly obvious).   I have dealt with Kuuko myself and he was always courteous and professional, but this incident needs to be recorded somewhere - probably on his bp trust.   

A) About calling you an idiot,it was just a pun on your name that i like to use in order to somehow pinch you up ("intelli-gent").

B) As a price suggestor,it is of your duty to check the last suggestions. Boom's price suggestion contained a comment of me proving that i got the offer of ~~140, which caused him to close it.

C) I didn't harass you,i was just questionning the fact that you're targetting my high-tier unusuals. First the burning flames vintage tyrolean,in which you used my quickbought hat as the only proof, and then my tyrannus.

It's barely a 120 sale, and it's not a sale until you actually finish the sale - under the circumstance you don't, for any reason, the current suggestion is basically valid. I'm not closing a suggestion unless I have to.

But that's not what we're here to talk about, now is it.

I was updating high-tier tyroleans because Shadowman asked me to. The fact I updated scorching, PE, CV, skull, sulph and others is proof of this. Like I told you, it's adorable you think you're special, but you're not.

So, remove my name from this. It's basically slander.

Yes, Debra commented that on my status yesterday, Bob.  Edit: I just saw your screenie comment

But seriously, i've known Kuuko for a very long tome. Yes, he can admittedly be an asshole at times, but he's a great guy. If someone really is trying to troll your backpack down to size, i doubt Kuuko has anything to do with it.

I too have given that user a hard time about his "quicksells" that aren't quicksells, and received a trade offer with free keys from an obvious scammer alt the next day. Hence me double checking that one trader yesterday that ended up being okay to trade with. I would assume he would have something to do with it, not Kuuko.

"But Courtney, then why didn't he hit your unusuals?"

Because i only own 2, one of which is 1:1 and unable to be priced, and the other i bought via paypal, and was updated very recently before i traded for it. The "quicksell" guy is a way more valid suspect than Kuuko. Trust me.

EDIT: i'm stupid, i own 3 not 2

just gonna put it out there he's blaming someone other than himself for his own trade mistake, acting like a week ban is the end of the world, and telling this person to 'die'

these are not the actions of a 'great guy'.

regardless, having someone 'target' you by updating your hats isn't exactly harrassment. if you believe in the site and its purpose then you shouldn't buy into inflated old prices and get sore when they're dropped, even if it does happen to every one of your hats.

Wow, don't go guessing stuff. That's defamation and I don't think anyone likes it + it's as good as insults.

I myself have unusuals which were updated before, you can't blame anyone for suggesting a price on your 1 year old priced unusuals

just gonna put it out there he's blaming someone other than himself for his own trade mistake, acting like a week ban is the end of the world, and telling this person to 'die'

these are not the actions of a 'great guy'.

regardless, having someone 'target' you by updating your hats isn't exactly harrassment. if you believe in the site and its purpose then you shouldn't buy into inflated old prices and get sore when they're dropped, even if it does happen to every one of your hats.

i agree that Kuuko isn't 100% innocent here, but i doubt he's the one causing mischief

Wow, don't go guessing stuff. That's defamation and I don't think anyone likes it + it's as good as insults.

I myself have unusuals which were updated before, you can't blame anyone for suggesting a price on your 1 year old priced unusuals

learn how to -snip- please

I was updating high-tier tyroleans because Shadowman asked me to. The fact I updated scorching, PE, CV, skull, sulph and others is proof of this. 

@Everyone

Snip quotes, or you'll be cursed by the almighty Tyrolean God. kbye

Thanks again, even after i don't really remember where and when i asked for it. Considering my input in low-tiers, most of them are somewhat updated now, and that's good. PE is still overpriced as fuck.

~~~~~

Back to 1st post - tl;dr pls Actually no.

~~~~~

My opinion on this pile o' text will be close to Gren's or cares's most likely.

You know what are you risking by holding outdated hats. Especially if they are outdated not by time, but by logic. Of course, not every effect can be compared logically. Scorching TC is 1k keys or whatever, burning is over 5k. But as long as hat isn't special in any way - this works with a good chance.

You think your unusuals were targeted to drop? Maybe, considering Courtney's reply it is possible.

There is still difference between obvious targeting (Can remember only sugarcube's ban) and everything else.

I can even say that every price update is an undirect targeting, if you care about numbers on this site.

Eh, lost the "logical thread" of this, so i'm out.

It's barely a 120 sale, and it's not a sale until you actually finish the sale - under the circumstance you don't, for any reason, the current suggestion is basically valid. I'm not closing a suggestion unless I have to.

But that's not what we're here to talk about, now is it.

I was updating high-tier tyroleans because Shadowman asked me to. The fact I updated scorching, PE, CV, skull, sulph and others is proof of this. Like I told you, it's adorable you think you're special, but you're not.

So, remove my name from this. It's basically slander.

*libel. I think slander is verbal and libel is written.

*libel. I think slander is verbal and libel is written.

Well, whichever. Tl;dr it's not very nice and I don't want my name dragged through the mud over some petty squabble :P

like, why the hell should you care

remove and block him, dont make anything of the suggestions because they probably would have come anyway if the unusuals were outdated. bp.tf price hardly means anything these days for unusuals that are outdated

if he wants to harass you, just block whoever is friends with him that adds you

kuuko isnt even as good as you can find brokers anyways, he just buys one pan for shit unusuals and then another for a decent price and calls it rep

also, if i can recall, i remember him/her saying something about how they owed people money a while ago after selling his first pan and then another time where his friend scammed him out of an expensive unusual after kuuko lent it to him or something, all these are his/her own fault 

it is also his fault for trading with an OBVIOUS alt and that blame should fall on him for being a bad broker, not you for being a sensible trader and saying yes to a a good offer (obv if you knew about him having low hours, private inventory, shady profile and stuff then youre at fault too)

and to kuuko, live and learn, take it as a wake up call to not be so careless while doing something you claim is your only opportunity to get money.

Believe me or not, after this incident,i felt EXTREMELY guilty about being implied in the trade. Kuuko had got depressed, told me about his different problems (1500$ bill, being kicked out of house and having trading as his only opportunity to get money as he was "dropping from college")

I proposed him to help him pay his bill by offering him half the keys i get from selling these unusuals, by offering him to help get offers on his low-tier unusuals, camping the vatican trade server for him, and i've even "sacrificed" 4 of my keys to get him premium on bp.tf so that his classifieds for his unusuals would get refreshed every so and often, but the paypal check hasn't been verified yet.

Much sadness, such sob story.  :(

It's just pixels, be a woman, and get over it. 

post scriptum : You must be new to the internet! Clearly, you have no experience in the nice and kindly people 'round the internet, obviously, all of them are very very gentle and sweet...it's only the backpack.tf forums that make the internet look like a bad place! I kindly suppose that you could start a petition on change.org, due to your "harassment" by these...evil...evil backpack.tf users!

dont make anything of the suggestions because they probably would have come anyway if the unusuals were outdated. bp.tf price hardly means anything these days for unusuals that are outdated

You know, i CAN suffer a drop from time to time off my outdated unusual if it helps refresh and stabilise it's price. I'm fine with that.

But having SPECIFIC PRICE SUGGESTIONS that are DROPPING the ONLY UNUSUALS I OWN, without any kind of separation between them:

d1eaf93d43.png

That just completes the fact that someone is trying to get revenge on me and is SPECIFICALLY targetting the unusuals i own.

I don't mind getting a slight drop of 10% of the value of this unusual,if it trades for a better-updated price ,as i stated up here. I don't mind having my backpack progressively drop by time to time in price due to these changes.

But boy, if it's a sudden drop like this on ALL of my current unusuals, it just makes me think that he wants to kill my backpack, ruin it's value, and specifically MY backpack. Not anyone else, as it has been proven by THREE SUCCESSIVE SUGGESTIONS on half the unusuals i own.

Worse of that,they wasn't even used on the same trade. I got them SEPARATELY.

If that isn't enough to prove that someone wants me something, i don't get it.

-snip-

If you cant handle your 3 year outdated 3rd gen trash hats getting dropped dont buy hats with inflated prices. Nobody except fools would follow those prices anyway.

You know, i CAN suffer a drop from time to time off my outdated unusual if it helps refresh and stabilise it's price. I'm fine with that.

But having SPECIFIC PRICE SUGGESTIONS that are DROPPING the ONLY UNUSUALS I OWN, without any kind of separation between them:

-images-

That just completes the fact that someone is trying to get revenge on me and is SPECIFICALLY targetting the unusuals i own.

I don't mind getting a slight drop of 10% of the value of this unusual,if it trades for a better-updated price ,as i stated up here. I don't mind having my backpack progressively drop by time to time in price due to these changes.

But boy, if it's a sudden drop like this on ALL of my current unusuals, it just makes me think that he wants to kill my backpack, ruin it's value, and specifically MY backpack. Not anyone else, as it has been proven by THREE SUCCESSIVE SUGGESTIONS on half the unusuals i own.

Worse of that,they wasn't even used on the same trade. I got them SEPARATELY.

If that isn't enough to prove that someone wants me something, i don't get it.

doesnt drop the value at all, just adjusting the inflated bp.tf price to reflect the ACTUAL value

do you really think if your backpack says a nuts and bolts plumbers pipe is worth 50 keys, that its true?

Archived