Feedback on my PC Build

Akrylon

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DWTBRB

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DWTBRB/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ NCIX US) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($26.98 @ OutletPC) 

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste  ($6.79 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($82.98 @ Newegg) 

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($83.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.49 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($329.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.89 @ OutletPC) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($86.98 @ OutletPC) 

Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($28.98 @ OutletPC) 

Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 

Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor  ($130.99 @ Best Buy) 

Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($8.49 @ Amazon) 

Other: Cable Matters DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable 10 Feet ($11.99)

Other: AmazonBasics HDMI Cable - 9.8 Feet ($6.49)

Total: $1653.93

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-20 03:29 EDT-0400

Looking to play CSGO/TF2 at 144hz, and the current games (Witcher, GTA, etc) at 1080p, 60fps on a dual monitor setup.

If you're intention is gaming then 8gb of Ram is plenty.

I'd also consider going with the G2 850w psu (if you may throw in a second 390 in the future). 

Lose the useless ODD :unsure:

Get a 24" secondary monitor instead of a 23" one ( http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umfg6aaa01 )

And I'd also consider getting a nicer keyboard. 

Lastly, both monitors come with the cables you'll need -- the VG248 will  come with a DP cable and the H236 will come with a DVI cable. There's no reason to buy cables. 

/Just to make sure one thing is clear, you won't be gaming on two monitors. You'll be gaming on the single monitor while the second monitor is just there -- free to do other things. 

If you're going to be spending $1600, you should really consider getting a mechanical keyboard. They feel a lot nicer and are more satisfying to use.

If you're intention is gaming then 8gb of Ram is plenty.

I'd also consider going with the G2 850w psu (if you may throw in a second 390 in the future). 

Lose the useless ODD :unsure:

Get a 24" secondary monitor instead of a 23" one ( http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umfg6aaa01 )

And I'd also consider getting a nicer keyboard. 

Lastly, both monitors come with the cables you'll need -- the VG248 will  come with a DP cable and the H236 will come with a DVI cable. There's no reason to buy cables. 

/Just to make sure one thing is clear, you won't be gaming on two monitors. You'll be gaming on the single monitor while the second monitor is just there -- free to do other things. 

Ah, nice catch on the psu/cables.

And yeah, wasn't planning on gaming on two monitors, one just for multimedia/browsing usually.

For now I'll just stick with the normal keyboards--not a fan of most of the mechanical switches (except the blue switches, but they're too loud for now).

Ah, nice catch on the psu/cables.

And yeah, wasn't planning on gaming on two monitors, one just for multimedia/browsing usually.

For now I'll just stick with the normal keyboards--not a fan of most of the mechanical switches (except the blue switches, but they're too loud for now).

browns are basically non-clicky blues. 

Archived