Trade advice: Pe stash for spellbound Gibus?

custinjhan

Just been offered a clean spellbound gibus (https://backpack.tf/item/2032946448) for my PE stash

IZ GUD Deal?!?!

I rarely do unusual trades of this size and I'm hesitant to let go of my Stash so just looking to see what everyone thinks on whether or not this is a good deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

post-17874-0-54503800-1437104616_thumb.png

imo id keep the stash since it can clip to almost anything, plus glav gibus isn't my favourite hat :)

really nice misc with decent first gen effect for a robo hat with new effect.

What do you think? Hint: the misc

Just looking at them 1 vs. 1, the Gibus is a much better hat. However, the Stash gets a lot of value from the fact that you can wear it with other hats. Stacked effects +10 sexy. Still, though, that Stash price looks too high to me, but I'm not great at high-tier unusuals, so meh.

I'd suggest you to keep it, normal stash can no longer be dropped (I'm not sure about the unusual ones). And it can we worn with other hats

Just looking at them 1 vs. 1, the Gibus is a much better hat. However, the Stash gets a lot of value from the fact that you can wear it with other hats. Stacked effects +10 sexy. Still, though, that Stash price looks too high to me, but I'm not great at high-tier unusuals, so meh.

I just lold at this, Stash >>> Gibus, Misc >>> Robo, 1st gen >>> Halloween. 

I'd suggest you to keep it, normal stash can no longer be dropped (I'm not sure about the unusual ones). And it can we worn with other hats

I think unusual stash still drop.

I have a feeling there are a lot of people commenting who have never owned anything as high tier as a PE Stash or a Spellbound Gibus.....

Some clarifications: 

1.  Don't include the Gibus with all the other robo hats.  The Gibus has always been treated different because there is no non-robo unusual gibus.   The Gibus is a god-tier hat, robo plays almost no factor here (as opposed to all other robo hats). 

2.  Yes, the Stash is worth a bit more on backpack.tf.  But how many PE Stash's are on the market?  I'm at work so I can't check OP, but the last time I checked a week ago or so, there were like 6 PE Stash's on OP.  How many Spellbound Gibus are on OP?  This is more important than the slight difference in value. 

3.  Stash is nice, but in general Rack > Stash.  It's cheaper and it looks better.  Why would I spend 300 keys on a PE Stash when I can get a PE Rack for 180?   

4.  PE is not necessarily higher than Spellbound.  It depends on the hat, how many are in existence, etc.  If anything however, spellbound is generally higher than PE, although that's not really relevant here since we're talking about two completely different hats.  

These are the factors you need to consider in this trade, it's a lot more complicated than just "misc > robo, PE > spellbound"

Gibus is also all class. If I had the choice between a first gen misc for one class (who has notably better and cheaper options) and a Halloween on an all class, I would choose the Hallo all class.

Halloween effects don't seem to follow the 1st gen > everything else rule strictly. Plenty of really nice and popular effects, and Spellbound is one of them. 

Keep the stash. Even though the Gibus is an all class hat, its really hard to sell, just like the Executioner. 

Had a pe stash recently and it was easy to sell for 280 keys after overpay in pure and first gens. Since a gibus is harder to sell than a stash and spellbound is harder to sell than pe i would keep the stash. Yes you might get lucky and more from the gibus but I prefer easy to sell hats.

elitest garbage

tumblr_m3bduzqGzR1rsawgno1_500.gif  stop being so edgy

In response to OP, go with what you like. Sometimes it's better to have a hat you enjoy rather than the more expensive one. That's how I ended up with my Sulphurous Toque. I was supposed to sell it, but it just looks so warm and comfy.

Archived