Value of Unusual Gun Mettle Weapons

perplexingTheorist

Hey,

I'm looking for a general idea of what the value of the Unusual Gun Mettle Weapon pricings/values are. I just unboxed one and I'm trying to determine what it's worth.

Regards,

PT

Hey,

I'm looking for a general idea of what the value of the Unusual Gun Mettle Weapon pricings/values are. I just unboxed one and I'm trying to determine what it's worth.

Regards,

PT

What an Unusual is worth depends on multiple factors.

In the case of an Unusual Weapon, we have Grade, Wear, Effect, and the type of weapon itself (Hype is there as well, albeit you never know how much this will get you.)

The Grade itself is a pretty good indicator of value. Assassin Grade skins are already rare enough as it is, and said value will drop with more common grades.

Wear follows the same format, albeit it may not be as important (some may actually prefer the look of a Battle Scarred skin, and therefore give more value. Think themes.)

Effect, essentially if it looks nice (theme and such), it will have more value. Hot/Cold effects may have more value due to the theme of working with a Burning or a Blizzardy Storm/Frostbite hat.

Weapons, essentially factor into how much it's going to actually be used in normal gameplay and not prancing about private servers to show off all your swag. Rocket Launchers/Sniper Rifles are going to be worth more than a Flame Thrower/SMG.

Lastly, duh of Strange unusuals being worth more. Numbers yo.

tl;dr, the value depends on the buyer. It might be worth $50 to one person, it might be worth $1000 to another.

Just don't get scammed pls <3

What an Unusual is worth depends on multiple factors.

In the case of an Unusual Weapon, we have Grade, Wear, Effect, and the type of weapon itself (Hype is there as well, albeit you never know how much this will get you.)

The Grade itself is a pretty good indicator of value. Assassin Grade skins are already rare enough as it is, and said value will drop with more common grades.

Wear follows the same format, albeit it may not be as important (some may actually prefer the look of a Battle Scarred skin, and therefore give more value. Think themes.)

Effect, essentially if it looks nice (theme and such), it will have more value. Hot/Cold effects may have more value due to the theme of working with a Burning or a Blizzardy Storm/Frostbite hat.

Weapons, essentially factor into how much it's going to actually be used in normal gameplay and not prancing about private servers to show off all your swag. Rocket Launchers/Sniper Rifles are going to be worth more than a Flame Thrower/SMG.

Lastly, duh of Strange unusuals being worth more. Numbers yo.

tl;dr, the value depends on the buyer. It might be worth $50 to one person, it might be worth $1000 to another.

Just don't get scammed pls <3

Thanks for the rundown man. I'm not much of a tf2 trader, not to mention not much experience with unusuals, and to be honest I just came back to this update after a 1 year break from the game. But yeah, the gun I unboxed is a minimal wear commando grade scattergun with the hot particle effect. I mean, it's not top tier rarity, but it is up there.

Thanks for the rundown man. I'm not much of a tf2 trader, not to mention not much experience with unusuals,

The sharks are coming. Just be careful not to get lowballed.

Thanks for the rundown man. I'm not much of a tf2 trader, not to mention not much experience with unusuals, and to be honest I just came back to this update after a 1 year break from the game. But yeah, the gun I unboxed is a minimal wear commando grade scattergun with the hot particle effect. I mean, it's not top tier rarity, but it is up there.

When the hype runs down it will be like a highish low-mid tier unusual, 14-23k, at least thats what I guess based on previous hypes, get on hype wave now and who knows how much you can sell it for

When the hype runs down it will be like a highish low-mid tier unusual, 14-23k, at least thats what I guess based on previous hypes, get on hype wave now and who knows how much you can sell it for

14-23 keys for a unusual weapon... that would be lower than any Australium weapon right now. Why?

You can already see a trend:

Mercenary + Commando Grade weapons in combination with FT/FN and a unusual effect seem to have a fair chance of uncrating. (maybe like the unusual hat chance but i think it is lower)

Assassin + Elite Grade weapons seem to have an extremely low chance of being unusual. I don't see a point in throwing around numbers but if you assume that you have a 1 in 100 chance to get an unusual weapon but at the same time you also have a 1 in 100 chance to even get a Assassin or Elite grade weapon instead of Mercenary or Commando, then how high is the chance of said combination?

Last but not least, getting a weapon that is Unusual + Strange at the same time seems to be 1 in 10.000.... But if you already have Strange Festives or Strange Australiums then obviously you want your unusual weapon to be strange, too. So those will be worth a lot.

And then there is the whole problem with every single weapon not being tradeable but marketable for 7 days.... so just because SCM is limited at 400$ and people don't want to wait to sell a weapon, this does not mean it couldn't pull way more in unusuals once it finally is tradeable.

Well, some Assassin grade skins are going for 1 or 2 keys! It would seem people pay a lot more overall for a complete set (e.g. I saw a Complete Powerhouse Collection go for a few keys and a low-mid tier unusual with a mid-tier effect), so you'd be better off trading small amounts for single weapons, then selling the Complete Set for more. Well, this might be wrong, but the event doesn't end for 2 months and people are paying small amounts for high-tier skins. I bought a Scattergun Assassin Skin (Current Event) for 1 key as that was what the person wanted. 

Still, some people know better and ARE selling skins for the same amount as Aussies, which makes sense, I guess. After all, there will (eventually) be a finite number of the skins, even the Civilian Grade ones, but the number of Aussies could, technically, be infinite, unless they decide to stop the Two Cities Tour, which is unlikely.

S. Tyrant Signing Off

(Hope this helped)

By the way, I'm willing to buy Elite and Assassin Grade Weps for keys and possibly unusuals

Archived