Backpack value dropped $1,000 and 34 ranks

DH Finglonger

So I just noticed that the value of my bp dropped $1,000 and it moved me 34 ranks. I looked at the history and on the 8th my backpack was at its actual value, and it skips 5 days and lowers the value by $1k. Surely this isn't from the value of all my items going down in that short time. I haven't sold anything, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Well kiss my grits. But if the value of keys and buds went down, why would it drop me down 34 ranks? Surely the people who passed me also took losses with their items being devalued as well.

Well kiss my grits. But if the value of keys and buds went down, why would it drop me down 34 ranks? Surely the people who passed me also took losses with their items being devalued as well.

Most of the keys are being used to buy unusuals that never ever sell

It's likely they haven't updated their backpacks so their backpack value remains unchanged. The drop was caused from the decrease in keys (in ref).

Take your sexy golden pan (valuing at 1000 to simplify) and multiply the key value by 17.77 ref (price of keys before suggestion)

1000 x 17.77 = 17770 ref | 17770 x 0.115 (current bp.tf ref price) = $2043.55

Keys got updated to 15.77 ref, since ref price remains the same it values the items lower than previously.

15.77 ref x 1000 keys = 15770 ref 15770 x 0.115 = $1813.55.

A loss of $230 from the Golden Pan alone. Since most of your inventory are items priced on keys, your backpack value dropped since keys dropped in ref but bp.tf price for ref remains the same. Mine only dropped around $350.

It's likely they haven't updated their backpacks so their backpack value remains unchanged. The drop was caused from the decrease in keys (in ref).

Take your sexy golden pan (valuing at 1000 to simplify) and multiply the key value by 17.77 ref (price of keys before suggestion)

1000 x 17.77 = 17770 ref | 17770 x 0.115 (current bp.tf ref price) = $2043.55

Keys got updated to 15.77 ref, since ref price remains the same it values the items lower than previously.

15.77 ref x 1000 keys = 15770 ref 15770 x 0.115 = $1813.55.

A loss of $230 from the Golden Pan alone. Since most of your inventory are items priced on keys, your backpack value dropped since keys dropped in ref but bp.tf price for ref remains the same. Mine only dropped around $350.

Mine also dropped around 300, but this explanation was quite helpful, thank you.

Thank you very much. Most helpful.

When keys start going up again you will get your vaule back again, you'll be fine.

Archived