Option to Disable Backpack Auto Refresh

E-Arkham

This is admittedly a really tiny issue/suggestion.

If you have your backpack page open, it'll automatically refresh periodically (probably an AJAX call or the equivalent).  This is a nice feature, especially if you're actively trading to see recent items showing up... but...

Once your backpack has a lot of items/pages (it happens for me with 36 pages), then this refresh that happens in the background can create a brief but noticeable browser hang.  It's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to disable this auto-refresh on the settings page.

I don't have to be up-to-date to the minute on what's in my backpack; sometimes I just want easy access to my backpack for checking a history, what items I'm missing from a set, etc and don't really want to deal with the micro-hang as it looks for new items.

System (FWIW): Windows 7, Intel i4770K, 16 GB memory, Firefox 24.

Thanks

This is admittedly a really tiny issue/suggestion.

If you have your backpack page open, it'll automatically refresh periodically (probably an AJAX call or the equivalent).  This is a nice feature, especially if you're actively trading to see recent items showing up... but...

Once your backpack has a lot of items/pages (it happens for me with 36 pages), then this refresh that happens in the background can create a brief but noticeable browser hang.  It's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to disable this auto-refresh on the settings page.

I don't have to be up-to-date to the minute on what's in my backpack; sometimes I just want easy access to my backpack for checking a history, what items I'm missing from a set, etc and don't really want to deal with the micro-hang as it looks for new items.

System (FWIW): Windows 7, Intel i4770K, 16 GB memory, Firefox 24.

Thanks

Switch to chrome, and sell some shit. 

Also, this topic already exists somewhere

Auto-refresh will be removed completely in the next update. I'll let people use tools in their browser should they wish to refresh every x minutes. People with large backpacks tend to crash the browser after a few hours of ajax refreshes - I use reloader in chrome, I'm sure other browsers have similar solutions.

Archived