Does a 1 out of 5 level 8 crafted shotgun hold more value than a regular?

T1C1D1S1

But that is the point, they were craftable for only 1 day, those with random levels are the only ones.

Exactly but crafted shotgun with level 8 is worth the same value like the other crafted ones, not counting popular people crafts or 1,42,69,99,100 levels

Exactly but crafted shotgun with level 8 is worth the same value like the other crafted ones, not counting popular people crafts or 1,42,69,99,100 levels

I don't think that's what they're asking; they're asking whether or not a crafted shotgun is more valuable than a regular shotgun generated by a name or description tag. They're not asking if a level 8 is somehow worth more than other levels.

IDK OP, see if you can find a level 8 or crafted shotgun collector or something. It all depends on who you sell it to.

Like Ling Ling Lang said, I think the question is sort of like whether crafted ones being worth more, not simply due to being crafted, but also due to having levels which are rare. For example some items have rare non-standard levels due to a glitch with Mann Up rewards when MvM was first introduced, to my knowledge these weapons have sold for much more than a regular copy of the weapon is worth. Therefore would the same principle apply to Shotguns, even though there are at least 300 overall, the appearance of any level in particular is rare.

To be more concise: You mentioned how level 1 is a collector level, however the default level for Shotguns, so crafted ones with that level are only different from regular Shotguns in being crafted, therefore OP's question should be "Does non-level 1 Shotgun hold more value than a level 1 Shotgun?" You obviously believe only ones that happened to have collector levels are, I think it is kind of undeniable that Shotguns with those levels will be worth more, but that doesn't answer whether rare levels in-general will be more valuable in general simply due to their rarity.

Minor note: I don't think any level 100s were crafted, likely due to Valve's thing of arbitrarily capping levels for certain items at 99 (oddest example are the Bread weapons, 3 of them can be obtained at level 100, but the Mutated Milk was capped at 99). Also I managed to craft a level 69 Shotgun while the glitch was happening, 1-of-7, I am obviously happy about that regardless of its value (though one of the other six 69-Shotgun owners has theirs listed in the classifieds for 3 keys).

Archived