What Steam transaction methods can be legally 'traded for'?

t4b59qf8t645q84ngq38y9fq8g

Saw a question of similar 'caliber' posted in this forum, so if this is the wrong location to post it - well, sorry.

I'm currently looking to make a $5 transaction on Steam, however I'm trying to avoid having to use my own PayPal, and I don't have easy access to buying a Debit card (anytime soon), etc.

Down to the questions - which payment options that are accepted by Steam, (for Steam Credits of course), can be traded for without accessing 'my own account' for them?
I haven't read through the ToS for all of them, however I will if no-one reading this has better knowledge, but can Debit Cards, within ToS, be used by other parties? Can WebMoney transactions be made for other accounts? Etc. etc.

Plenty of keys in my Backpack to trade, just asking here to see if, without breaking any rules or 'ToSs', I can obtain such credit. Inb4 'ur a noob u shud kno better'

If you're asking what forms of transaction Steam allows and will protect, then that's simple item trading and Steam Community Market transactions.

Outside of that, Steam considers you "on your own."

If you're asking what forms of transaction Steam allows and will protect, then that's simple item trading and Steam Community Market transactions.

Outside of that, Steam considers you "on your own."

I know I'm probably not 'wording this right', or simply misinterpreting your response, but I'll try adding more specific example -

• Within PayPal's ToS, is it allowed & possible to make a transaction for someone else? (E.g. I give you some form of Transaction URL, you fill it out) without me needing my account
  • Does Visa legally allow the transaction of Pre-Paid Debit cards from one person to another
  • Does any other company that provides Pre-Paid Debit cards allow the above

This is more referring to the actual service's Terms of Service-s. I know that simply registering and giving someone else the account, for example, would be considered illegal / fraudulent. 

I think what you mean is what sort of items can be bought and traded legally in order to put in credit in your steam wallet, without breaking terms.

Anything really, can be traded for to add credit - paysafe cards, paypal money and steam gift cards however, these items need some sort of circumstance in order to make sure one side doesn't attempt to scam the other.

Trading stuff like Visa cards, however, somewhat is illegal due to the fact that the card isn't in the owner's possession (which should be in the owner's possession at all times) and can lead to many things such as scamming, doxxing or any other fraudulent actions.

Short answer no. All forms of payment will need a name/account holder tied to the account even prepaid credit/debit cards now a days require ID of some sort.

You can get someone else to pay for you but other than that no.

You can purchase steam gift cards from local stores and pay by cash but I believe those are min 20$

I think what you mean is what sort of items can be bought and traded legally in order to put in credit in your steam wallet, without breaking terms.

Anything really, can be traded for to add credit - paysafe cards, paypal money and steam gift cards however, these items need some sort of circumstance in order to make sure one side doesn't attempt to scam the other.

Trading stuff like Visa cards, however, somewhat is illegal due to the fact that the card isn't in the owner's possession (which should be in the owner's possession at all times) and can lead to many things such as scamming, doxxing or any other fraudulent actions.

If you buy a prepaid visa card that hasn't been set up yet, you could set yourself up as the owner.

I don't know if they changed systems recently, but when I used them a few times I needed to set up an account on the website.

If you were to buy it before the account were set up then it might be legal, as it's not tied to an owner yet.

Short answer no. All forms of payment will need a name/account holder tied to the account even prepaid credit/debit cards now a days require ID of some sort.

[...]

You can purchase steam gift cards from local stores and pay by cash but I believe those are min 20$

I can't quite accept the 'Short answer no.' part, (despite being a 'short answer'), as it's even to my knowledge that it would be legal to purchase a Steam Gift Card and then give it to someone else? What I just stated was an answer to my question (possible, however I don't necessarily want as much as $20).

I know you sort-of touched on that later, but still specifically related to purchasing one from a store, not from another person (which as far as I know is legal and fine).

I can't quite accept the 'Short answer no.' part, (despite being a 'short answer'), as it's even to my knowledge that it would be legal to purchase a Steam Gift Card and then give it to someone else? What I just stated was an answer to my question (possible, however I don't necessarily want as much as $20).

I know you sort-of touched on that later, but still specifically related to purchasing one from a store, not from another person (which as far as I know is legal and fine).

Digital payments and cash payments are very different things, cash payments steam has already received payment on hand hence they don't need a "trail".

For digital goods every payment you do will need to be tied to a name either yours or some else's in case something goes wrong/fraudulent activity they can back track it. There is no legal means of buying something online and completely hiding your identity (or where the money came from) other than shady services like bit coins which steam does not accept.

Can WebMoney transactions be made for other accounts?oob u shud kno better'

Yes, i've provided that service already, you'll need to provide your login though.

Digital payments and cash payments are very different things, cash payments steam has already received payment on hand hence they don't need a "trail".

For digital goods every payment you do will need to be tied to a name either yours or some else's in case something goes wrong/fraudulent activity they can back track it. There is no legal means of buying something online and completely hiding your identity (or where the money came from) other than shady services like bit coins which steam does not accept.

http://www.itstactical.com/digicom/privacy/how-to-use-prepaid-debit-cards-for-anonymous-cash-like-digital-transactions/

"Non-reloadable cards only require a name and address. This information is never verified. It is only used in Address Verification System checks, which is the system that merchants use to verify that a person using a card to make an online purchase, is in fact the card owner. As long as the name and address you enter while registering the card is the same that you provide the merchant, the AVS check will pass."

I don't know if they changed it, but that's at least how it used to be.

If you buy the card with cash at a store that's not in your town, and sign the card up with bogus information through a VPN it's almost impossible for them to track you.

That's a way to keep your identity hidden with online purchases.

http://www.itstactical.com/digicom/privacy/how-to-use-prepaid-debit-cards-for-anonymous-cash-like-digital-transactions/

"Non-reloadable cards only require a name and address. This information is never verified. It is only used in Address Verification System checks, which is the system that merchants use to verify that a person using a card to make an online purchase, is in fact the card owner. As long as the name and address you enter while registering the card is the same that you provide the merchant, the AVS check will pass."

I don't know if they changed it, but that's at least how it used to be.

If you buy the card with cash at a store that's not in your town, and sign the card up with bogus information through a VPN it's almost impossible for them to track you.

That's a way to keep your identity hidden with online purchases.

Non reloadable cards are bought using cash and you cannot dispute payments...etc and if you were up use that card online you will still need to enter your details. Also many nonreloadable cards dont work with paypal. Also non-reloadable cards are min 20 same as steam gift cards

For reloadable cards they do verify and you also need ID when purchasing at least in Australia you so.

if you were up use that card online you will still need to enter your details.

Or some random persons if you're buying digital goods (or other things that don't need to be shipped) with it.

They've been used for money laundering before.

Or some random persons if you're buying digital goods (or other things that don't need to be shipped) with it.

They've been used for money laundering before.

From my knowledge most non-reloadable cards won't work with paypal (and I assume similar across the board) because of this very issue as they don't verify. In Australia auspost reloadable cards are accepted since they actually verify where as visa reloadable dont (I was forced to change)

Also doing what you have described its also very easy for the account to be frozen. A user I was talking to did something similar since he wasn't old enough to get a card and his PayPal account was frozen from suspicion of fraudulent activity (he qas a high tier trader not going to name him) and he lost the account because in the end he couldn't prove it was actually his.

Edit: if he was using it as a one off payment sorta thing it would be fine but I doubt you can buy a 5$ non-reloadable card and it works with PayPal. But if he were to enter high tier trading I would advise against using fake details..etc Since normal PayPal accounts don't sent and receive thousands via gifts regularly and it raises a red flag for PayPal. 

steam market duh

You included 'duh', when this is the most pathetic response I have read on any forum not even answering the question.

Please read the question. When you're done, read the question. If you've finished the prior two tasks, read the question, close your browser, then come back and reply after five (5) years of schooling. Maybe then you'll contribute.

Non reloadable cards are bought using cash and you cannot dispute payments...etc and if you were up use that card online you will still need to enter your details. Also many nonreloadable cards dont work with paypal. Also non-reloadable cards are min 20 same as steam gift cards

For reloadable cards they do verify and you also need ID when purchasing at least in Australia you so.

It's not entirely required for the 'prepaid' card to 'work with PayPal', as Steam also accepts some payment options via the providers (for example, Visa).

Thanks, both (Apo & Derpeh) for the help.

Posted · Hidden by OverduePixels, July 6, 2015 - Spam
Hidden by OverduePixels, July 6, 2015 - Spam

You included 'duh', when this is the most pathetic response I have read on any forum not even answering the question.

Please read the question. When you're done, read the question. If you've finished the prior two tasks, read the question, close your browser, then come back and reply after five (5) years of schooling. Maybe then you'll contribute.

woah man i'm from Africa, the education here is so shitty like why do they hire niggers to teach, please don't insult me.

woah man i'm from Africa, the education here is so shitty like why do they hire niggers to teach, please don't insult me.

Yet you can afford Internet connection?

Yet you can afford Internet connection?

some richfag gave it to me.

hot damn i actually derailed this thread

Archived