Weird thing happened to me

Febby

Hello everybody!

This isn't a ban appeal, i already created one but it doesn't convinced me enough so i'm posting my problem here too. So i have been banned today for this reason: 

"Line cutting in classifieds; listing buy order for chem sets for 50 keys then asking for offers in notes"

I can understand the line cutting, but i don't think that it is written in rules (can't create listings so can't see), but before ban an user please create the mentioned rule because it's a bit unfair banning an user for a rule that doesn't exist!

And here the second problem, the 50 keys chem sets... 

I was buying collector's chemistry sets and listed my maximum price of 50 keys, then the BAN! in my appeal i received this answer by the moderator Cleverpun

"The price you list must be the price you are paying; multiple users reported your listing because you were not paying 50 keys for any collector's chemistry set"

Ok well, i remember that i received multiple trade offers (i have the proofs) by noobs that offered me strangifiers when i wrote in capital letters "COLLECTOR'S CHEMISTRY SETS" so i think that those reports are from those users that don't know how exact tf2 trading works. I never asked to pay more, NEVER! I only asked the overpay if was needed.

So this ban is completely unfair and the proofs are so weak, i want that all moderators read this page and think about their work. Simply because i can random report people too and then they get banned for so scant reasons, and this would be awful, but i think that this happened to me.

It didn't happen to you. You were line-cutting. Would you pay 50 keys for a collector's wrap assassin kit with zero in it? Unless you're insane, no.

So you're line-cutting.

Line cutting means that i put 50 keys just for become my trade more visible? Is this that you mean for line cutting?

Line cutting means that i put 50 keys just for become my trade more visible? Is this that you mean for line cutting?

Yes. You were putting your buy order to the top of the line while not ever intending to actually pay that amount for 99% of collector's kits.

Ah now i understand, well you're right then, didn't realized that i was always the first in the buy orders i'm sorry, thanks for clarifying

And another thing, someone that wants to bump their listing every minute (cancel and recreate and then repeat), is it considered a line cutter?

Ah now i understand, well you're right then, didn't realized that i was always the first in the buy orders i'm sorry, thanks for clarifying

And another thing, someone that wants to bump their listing every minute (cancel and recreate and then repeat), is it considered a line cutter?

Listings are sorted by value. So the method you detail wouldn't do anything if they weren't buying for the best price

If they WERE buying for the best price then all that effort probably wouldn't be worth their time, the listing would be down more often than it'd be up, by a significant margin.

Listings are sorted by value. So the method you detail wouldn't do anything if they weren't buying for the best price

If they WERE buying for the best price then all that effort probably wouldn't be worth their time, the listing would be down more often than it'd be up, by a significant margin.

But dat front page listing tho

Looks like the mods finally decided to crack down on buy orders. I got a 1 day ban yesterday for not having enough ref to buy the items. Idk, I wish we would of gotten a little forewarning but w/e.

Looks like the mods finally decided to crack down on buy orders. I got a 1 day ban yesterday for not having enough ref to buy the items. Idk, I wish we would of gotten a little forewarning but w/e.

Absolutely agree

I read the updated rules, but the "line cutting" it's not the thing that you said gent, it says: 

1. Do not cut in line. If you list items at a low price then demand users who trade with you to pay more, you will be banned. Use common sense. As soon as people find out you are doing this, they will just report you. It's not worth it.

What is the cutting line then? Because i never asked to pay more in my trades, for which exact reason they reported me? Please tell me

The rules state:

'If you are listing a generic buy order (e.g. buying any Chemistry Set or buying any unusual effect for a particular hat), your buy order must be the price you are willing to pay for ANY item. Don't list a buy order at 50 keys if you are only buying some Chemistry Sets for 50 keys'

Assume many people are buying ALL and ANY collector's chemistry sets for 2 keys each, your buy order of 50 keys would appear at the very top over all others (since you're paying more than them) which is pretty much line cutting.

ok well thank you anyway but i think that a ban for this thing it's a bit exessive, can't you just cancel the classified giving a note? but whatever...

ok well thank you anyway but i think that a ban for this thing it's a bit exessive, can't you just cancel the classified giving a note? but whatever...

Remind us how long your ban was for?

You need to relax, man. The ban made you learn your lesson the way a note wouldn't - and hell, like mods have time to send personalised notes to everyone. This isn't a General Studies class

Well then can you tell me how to list that "i'm buying collector's chemistry sets for pure"? Which amount of pure have i to put inside?

Archived