"saving" the tf2 economy? & will key price maintain 19ref?

Will Banks

so I'm sure some of you all have seen people try to vote for keys to be at 2.33 ref or lower, but wouldn't lowering the price of the key lower the price of every unusual drastically?

And since keys will most likely never go below under 18 ref again, will it stay at 19 ref?

Because 19 ref x .12 = 2.28, which is around the price of a key. Will it stay at this price sense it is close to $2.50?

These are just general questions I've always wondered :P

Because 19 ref x .12 = 2.28, which is around the price of a key. Will it stay at this price sense it is close to $2.50?

just to answer this one, key prices have always been near actual key price, but then ref drops so key prices go up in ref to stay near it

just to answer this one, key prices have always been near actual key price, but then ref drops so key prices go up in ref to stay near it

oh ok

Here is an example 

About a year and a half ago, keys were ~7 ref and ref was ~33 cents 

That makes a key about $2.31

Today keys are higher, making ref lower.

As long as keys rise, ref will most likely go down.

• Not necessarily. Unusuals have long needed a bit of a drop (and it's an odd matter, as some retain value due to rarity or turn into misc items, so there's exceptions) but if we were to lower the price of keys right now then people would look to sell their items for more keys. I'd expect a bit of a drop from people not really noticing any key drop (which actually happened to a few people with buds, rip) but it'd stabilize.

Keys have been extremely stable at 19 so far. There's so many people looking to get them at 19 that I wouldn't ever think about taking it out of the range - it's a common trading point, definitely. I don't see them going down unless there's a massive sale (and the summer sale seemed to keep them stable, actually, I feel like they would've risen otherwise.)

This has been answered already, but historically, yes, the key price in terms of ref has always floated around $2.50.

Any sort of market is burdened by those who don't know much about it. 

That is what newcomer's need to understand. They confuse their opinions as everyone else's and bam, a worthless suggestion.

Don't argue about something that you know nothing about. Who are you? Cable News?

(technically we do benefit from all the free rep)

It won't maintain 19 ref. if you look at the price history for keys you will see that keys seem to temporarily stablising around this time of year.

2nd June - Present: Near 4 weeks without a change.

22nd June 2014 - 12th July 2014: Near 3 weeks without a change.

22nd July 2013 - 5th Aug 2013: 2 weeks without a change.

Though I just noticed that these periods have been getting earlier and longer each year. Likely some variation results from expectations about the cyclic changes, i.e. If keys tend to go down at a certain point in the year as times go on more people will be aware that the drop is coming causing anticipative behaviour which wouldn't have existed in years prior.

Likewise there is a bunch of other variation as well, and even years where other times have much longer stable prices, i.e. 7 week period at the beginning of 2014. But this likely ties to the economy still adapting and falling into cycles where even the ancipative behaviour is accounted for, but even still, with all the flucations that happen thoughout the year and vary from year to year, there has been a mid-year stablibility each time.

Don't even bother with the tf2 economy anymore, sell all your stuff and buy some different games, or play outside or something fourm dwellers like seriously you're wasting your time ill have you know i now lift 900+ cuz i stopped playing tf2 ya'll need to get a life omfg.

Don't even bother with the tf2 economy anymore, sell all your stuff and buy some different games, or play outside or something fourm dwellers like seriously you're wasting your time ill have you know i now lift 900+ cuz i stopped playing tf2 ya'll need to get a life omfg.

The magnificent E-Peen has risen.

Pics or it didn't happened.

^^^

Archived