Genuine SpyCrab Pricing?

Sir Quantum

such thread, many views, much wow.

Seriously though, I have a problem i wish to be resolved. The SpyCrab (Genuine).

This is a little known cosmetic with merely 4095 â€‹Spycrabs, of which only 4 belong to F2Ps. 100% of these were CD code redemptions, and this was not advertised at all in TF2. I got mine in October 2014, and they were only released for Pre-Order on August 2014. Mine arrived in November I believe. To obtain it, you bought the real life version, a plushy collectible, which a friend gave me money for my birthday to get. it costed me nearly $40 AUD.

Before I go any further, this is not a "I NEDZ PROFIT PLOX" thread, because if I had wanted to price it, I would have done so there. However, this item CANNOT be voted on because it is untradeable, being a CD key. This is odd because items like the HOUWAR, Lugermorph, and several other untradeable items are priced. This is where my gripe is. I wish for it to be priced because to obtain it, one had to spend $25-$30 USD, or up to $35-$40 AUD (Aussie dollars, where i am from), and this I believe should therefore be priced. I do not wish to make this overpriced and rare like the HOUWAR or whatever, because i believe, but don't quote me, that you can still obtain them if you buy the Spycrab off WeLoveFine.com.

So to wrap it up, i believe it needs a pricing. it is such a rare item and so unknown about that its even hard to find on BP.tf and such, and the only place to find it in tf2 is the catalog, on the very final page, and even then it doesn't tell you how to get it. it is an amazing hat and i believe people who own it should be rewarded for having such a nice collectible. Not many people have got it, none i have seen, and i get comments on it daily.

AND JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, THIS ISNT SO I CAN TRADE IT FOR A PROFIT, I WILL NEVER EVER SELL IT. EVER. SO DONT BOTHER.

TL:DR, Its a rare hat that costs a fair amount of money and i believe it should be priced. My suggestion is $25 or so USD. this would be equivalent to 10 keys or so, and this is what it would cost to buy the actual thing online, including minimum cost for shipping in the USA. so no stinginess here.

Thanks Everyone for reading, i hope to see you soon. feel free to add me on steam for a chat about this or anything  to do with trading :D

Yours Sincerely

~Quantum

The formatting in this thread gives me cancer

Spycrab isn't "little Known", People have been anticipating it's hopeful upcoming tradability like the Linux Penguin

And the Spycrab isn't even giftable, like the Tux

Are you sure?. well

For starters, this is my first post as i NEVER use the forums, this is my first post. so please don't say it is cancer.

secondly. i do believe the spy crab is little known amongst mid-to high tier traders because i go on unusual servers and get comments on it. most people don't know about it, except for the 4095 people who have it or avid traders. i have not seen or heard anything about this "Hype" to make them tradeablle. i Honesly don't mind if it isn't tradeable, but I'm pretty certain it can be gifted. i remember looking on outpost trades and saw a guy wanting buds for his wrapped spy crab. this was when buds where 10 keys or so. 

The Linux penguin is a promo like buds however not as rare, so IDK much about it. honestly its cute but i don't want it that much. anyways, my main point is that I'm pretty certain it is giftable, and if not, Volvo will make it gifttable, like all other untradeable. however, my gripe isn't with the fact if it can be traded or not, it is with the fact that it doesn't have a price. for an item that requires you to pay money with no other way of obtaining this exclusive item, it should be priced, and i do believe they may stop allowing the code to be inputted, this ending the spy crab. i just want it to have a price to show that i do appreciate tf2 and that i was willing to put money into the game, and i would like to see it impact my bp value, because i get asked so much about how much it is worth, and i always say 25-30 bucks, but its not priced :P.

~Quantum.

PS If there is this much hype, should i just copy paste the original post and send it to Valve? maybe that might help. IDK. but please, dont be rude to me, or call my stuff cancer <3

Are you sure?. well

For starters, this is my first post as i NEVER use the forums, this is my first post. so please don't say it is cancer.

secondly. i do believe the spy crab is little known amongst mid-to high tier traders because i go on unusual servers and get comments on it. most people don't know about it, except for the 4095 people who have it or avid traders. i have not seen or heard anything about this "Hype" to make them tradeablle. i Honesly don't mind if it isn't tradeable, but I'm pretty certain it can be gifted. i remember looking on outpost trades and saw a guy wanting buds for his wrapped spy crab. this was when buds where 10 keys or so. 

The Linux penguin is a promo like buds however not as rare, so IDK much about it. honestly its cute but i don't want it that much. anyways, my main point is that I'm pretty certain it is giftable, and if not, Volvo will make it gifttable, like all other untradeable. however, my gripe isn't with the fact if it can be traded or not, it is with the fact that it doesn't have a price. for an item that requires you to pay money with no other way of obtaining this exclusive item, it should be priced, and i do believe they may stop allowing the code to be inputted, this ending the spy crab. i just want it to have a price to show that i do appreciate tf2 and that i was willing to put money into the game, and i would like to see it impact my bp value, because i get asked so much about how much it is worth, and i always say 25-30 bucks, but its not priced :P.

~Quantum.

PS If there is this much hype, should i just copy paste the original post and send it to Valve? maybe that might help. IDK. but please, dont be rude to me, or call my stuff cancer <3

Sending to Valve, won't do jack shit. They'll just take a look at the title and toss it away like it's poor quality money.

its cancer b/c colors hurts our eyes

Are you sure?. well

The formatting is cancer, that means, for god sakes remove the bright colours, i can barely READ them

however, my gripe isn't with the fact if it can be traded or not, it is with the fact that it doesn't have a price

If there is a 0% possibility of an item being transferred from one backpack to another, it will not be priced as there is no way to trade for it.

This is not new. Look at the Japan Charity Bundle items for instance. Those hats came out 4 years ago and are still untradeable.

The items you compare it to are items which you can gift wrap. I.e. can be traded.

The spy crab can't be. Items have their value based off what others are willing to pay for the item and what the seller is willing to sell for. If it can't be passed from one trader to another we cannot price it.

We don't just randomly make up prices we base our prices off sales, sellers and buyers. It isn't a dart board which you seem to have mistook? If it can't be traded it can't be priced.

Why are you so worried about its price anyways it can't leave your account so having a price for it is pointless

Why are you so worried about its price anyways it can't leave your account so having a price for it is pointless

He wants to feel validated for having bought the item and watching his backpack's numbers go up.

For me, I just enjoy having the item and the plush, which is validation enough.

How to remove kebab plushie : 

Step 1 - Create an Improvised Explosive Device (IED)

Step 2 - Insert homemade IED into plushie/tape the goddamn IED to the plushie

Step 3 - Strap and secure the plushie with the IED to your chest

Step 4 - Put a cloth/garment to cover the IED to make yourself inconspicuous.

Step 5 - Run outside and attract everyone's attention so that you have a large group of people around you

Step 6 - Make sure to scream very loudly, before detonating the IED that is on your chest, "ALLLAHU AKBAR!"

Step 7 - ???

Step 8 - Profit : You will have many brides in the after life - it is a fact that all Jihadists will have a great after lives, for using Islam as a way of peace, and to achieve personal goals, such as this.

Can't price an item that can't be traded or gifted, that's how this all works. Until valve enables it to be listed on the market and tradable can we actually price it. Also, in regards to your comment on how it should be priced because it costs 20-30 dollars to get it, that is a very untrue statement if I have ever heard one.

For instance; if you buy the TF2 Chess-set for 50-60 dollars, you get a free hat that is now currently worth 5 keys in in-game currency. Initial value does not neccesarily equal an items tradable worth.

The spycrab is worth just as much as anything in my inventory.

If you can't trade it it's not worth anything.

For instance; if you buy the TF2 Chess-set for 50-60 dollars, you get a free hat that is now currently worth 5 keys in in-game currency. Initial value does not neccesarily equal an items tradable worth.

Of course, the chess set itself spent most of the holiday season on sale for $20-30, so that was a large contributor to the Grandmaster's decline.

Ok guys, sorry, i made a mistake. no need for this:

Hey Just Saying Your Stupid Only way to sell it is by Buying a another plush 

But here's proof 

P.s Check the Wiki You Rtard

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Spycrab

secondly. I dont want it for bp value, just so i dont get pestered about prices, but i just wouldnt mind seeing it priced. this was not meant to be a massive rage fest. i was just throwing ideas out there.

He wants to feel validated for having bought the item and watching his backpack's numbers go up.

For me, I just enjoy having the item and the plush, which is validation enough.

Partly, yes. however, i do enjoy the item and plushie, and yes that is enough validation. :3 it is very nice and a good collectible/memoriblia. its just so rare and that is really nice, however i do belive it really should be priced, just to show people who cant check.

Can't price an item that can't be traded or gifted, that's how this all works. Until valve enables it to be listed on the market and tradable can we actually price it. Also, in regards to your comment on how it should be priced because it costs 20-30 dollars to get it, that is a very untrue statement if I have ever heard one.

Yes, but as mentioned, the steam summer sales lowered it. this is why it is worth less. the spycrab is however set at 25$ or whatever, there is no way to get it cheaper. this is the fee you must pay to obtain the item. IMO, it should be the price you pay, however if thi is not the case with ALL other items, then i wouldnt mind it being lower.

How to remove kebab plushie : 

Step 1 - Create an Improvised Explosive Device (IED)

Step 2 - Insert homemade IED into plushie/tape the goddamn IED to the plushie

Step 3 - Strap and secure the plushie with the IED to your chest

Step 4 - Put a cloth/garment to cover the IED to make yourself inconspicuous.

Step 5 - Run outside and attract everyone's attention so that you have a large group of people around you

Step 6 - Make sure to scream very loudly, before detonating the IED that is on your chest, "ALLLAHU AKBAR!"

Step 7 - ???

Step 8 - Profit : You will have many brides in the after life - it is a fact that all Jihadists will have a great after lives, for using Islam as a way of peace, and to achieve personal goals, such as this.

You sir just made my day. thanks for being that guy who doesnt rant about a tiny thing being wrong :D.

The formatting is cancer, that means, for god sakes remove the bright colours, i can barely READ them

ok, Im sorry about the colour. i didnt see any problem, it was just to put emphasis and make it more eye-catching than a solid paragraph or unformatted or fonted etc.

TO BE CLEAR, THIS WAS JUST A SUGGESTION. I FELT LIKE POSTING THIS AND SEEING WHAT THE COMMUNITY THOUGHT. NO NEED TO JUMP DOWN MY THROAT. I DONT USE FORUMS MUCH BECAUSE I PREFER LIVE CHATTING, BUT EH.

Thanks everyone.

~Quantum

maxresdefault.jpgim not a rtard.......

sorry i had too xD

its all good, gotta love dem memes. at least you are being light hearted about the whole thing :D

AND YES, I HAVE READ THE WIKI ON THE SPYCRAB MANY TIMES. I either missed thr section about it not being able to gift wrap, or it wasnt there when i read it. however, as i stated, i thought i saw outpost trades of people trying to sell their spycrabs for buds or whatever. im pretty certain, maybe they didnt know they couldnt giftwrap, because that was in my head for ages. oh well

True, but however the reason i call it rare is that entier point. it has been availiable for almost 12 months now and still is, yet only 4095 out of the millions of tf2 players have a spycrab. what makes them rare is the fact that they arent advertised in any way, shape or form and the whole point of this was to change it so it is priced, like all other rare, untradeable, sometimes even ungiftable items have a price, albeit small. its not rare in the sense its not available anymore like the summer shades, HOUWAR, vintage uncraft luger, but in the sense its such an under the radar item, similar to other items, kinda like the tomb raider thingys but not advertised on the store. that was my entire point.

Archived