Tracking of "deleted" items

When someone lists an item on the SCM, or if it gets put into a private backpack, the item count for that item will go down.

Regarding Unusuals/other rares, this can be used to scam: "My hat is 1:1 bp.tf says so!"

I think a good addition to the main site would be to track the amount of items that have ever existed based upon their Original ID (since it never changes.)

Ex: If there's an unusual that there's 2 of, but 1 is on the market, the item should look like this:

Vu8anSn.png

OMduzRb.png

We'd still have the "How many currently exist," but we'd also be able to know how many individual ones were ever scanned.

Any ideas?

When someone lists an item on the SCM, or if it gets put into a private backpack, the item count for that item will go down.

Regarding Unusuals/other rares, this can be used to scam: "My hat is 1:1 bp.tf says so!"

From my understanding that's incorrect. For unusuals if bp.tf has recorded it's history at least once it will be in the count. This is because there is no way to discern between those which have been deleted or traded to a private bp and to lower counts based off those would give very inaccurate numbers. This is also the reason why we have many players coming on here to complain that their item isnt duped because they checked all the previous owners.

The only way to avoid the detection would be to either unbox the unusual yourself and keep it in a private bp or to trade it to a private bp before it's existence is recorded. i.e. you can't buy up all unusuals and throw them to a private bp to make your unusuals seem rare.

From my understanding that's incorrect. For unusuals if bp.tf has recorded it's history at least once it will be in the count. This is because there is no way to discern between those which have been deleted or traded to a private bp and to lower counts based off those would give very inaccurate numbers. This is also the reason why we have many players coming on here to complain that their item isnt duped because they checked all the previous owners.

The only way to avoid the detection would be to either unbox the unusual yourself and keep it in a private bp or to trade it to a private bp before it's existence is recorded. i.e. you can't buy up all unusuals and throw them to a private bp to make your unusuals seem rare.

http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Gentleman%27s%20Ushanka

There are at least 2 original IDs for The Ooze Ushankas (I've seen them both for sale too), yet it shows only 1 exists.

I bought an unusual off the SCM that was 0:0(2) a while ago. Before I bought it, the stats page stated that 0 existed. After I bought it, it said 1:1. The hat was not newly unboxed. It has a bp.tf trading history, it had been scanned before, many times.

Then a couple days later another guy bought the same effect/hat combo off SCM. My hat then became a 2:2. There was a bp.tf history on that hat too, so it was not a new unbox.

I bought an unusual off the SCM that was 0:0(2) a while ago. Before I bought it, the stats page stated that 0 existed. After I bought it, it said 1:1. The hat was not newly unboxed. It has a bp.tf trading history, it had been scanned before, many times.

Then a couple days later another guy bought the same effect/hat combo off SCM. My hat then became a 2:2. There was a bp.tf history on that hat too, so it was not a new unbox.

Hmmmm Im not entirely sure how stats counts scans...etc and I based my reply off the many threads where users who had "clean" hats labelled as duped and complained.

Ill trade a few unusuals I have to a private alt of mine when I get back home to verify if the count does actually change. But from memory I was following the gfetti angers/vivid capos a while back and I knew that a few of them were in private collector's bps and the count didnt change.

Hmmmm Im not entirely sure how stats counts scans...etc and I based my reply off the many threads where users who had "clean" hats labelled as duped and complained.

Ill trade a few unusuals I have to a private alt of mine when I get back home to verify if the count does actually change. But from memory I was following the gfetti angers/vivid capos a while back and I knew that a few of them were in private collector's bps and the count didnt change.

results?

results?

It didnt go down but Im not too sure how often bps gets scanned so guess ill wait a few days see if it changes? (or until brad/friskie replies here)

It didnt go down but Im not too sure how often bps gets scanned so guess ill wait a few days see if it changes? (or until brad/friskie replies here)

Look in my backpack at the scorching bomber's bucket, (I just bought it off scm, so the item hasn't been "re-scanned" yet)

it says 0 exist

but one was scanned in late april

Ninja edit:

The hat: (it says none exist or have ever existed)

https://archive.is/sSBvr

https://archive.is/8sz9y

my inventory with the hat in it:

https://archive.is/FoxDL

The hats history (scanned late april, yet none exist?)

https://archive.is/XqvTU

all archive.is links were scanned between 1:12 and 1:16 AM (central US) today

Archived