Avenging Flame

An interesting idea I found that I felt needed to be shared. What do people think of this? Though I doubt it would ever come to fruition, I feel it is a good idea.

Its essentially a mini desktop. I.e. Mobo being the main slab, discrete gpu/cpu/ram/hdd/etc...

It wouldn't be particularly practical for a couple of reasons. For one the technology behind the main board would need to be replaced periodically (no mobo lasts forever). Secondly youd have compatibility issues, and be forced to deal with complete driver compatibility (both of which would severely limit the efficiency of the system (and defeat any bonuses it may have). Thirdly, phone companies won't want it to get developed for obvious reasons, and will probably buy out any company that tries to do it. 

Thirdly, phone companies won't want it to get developed for obvious reasons, and will probably buy out any company that tries to do it. 

Adding on. Since this phone is completely new and needs to be developed before it would be viable to be sold in competition with the already established markets i doubt a company would invest that much time and money on something so risky. Probably be more worth it if they invested on improving existing phones with alot of loyal customers already.

tho it would be cool if it cam to fruition 

It's a cool idea, but this "phone" will always be 2x-3x the size of any other phone, since many parts wouldn't be combined in a tiny amount of space. Not sure =/

It's a cool idea, but this "phone" will always be 2x-3x the size of any other phone, since many parts wouldn't be combined in a tiny amount of space. Not sure =/

that means its a tablet. since 2x 5" is a tablet, or even more.

i dont think it will be much bigger than a iphone 5. i love the concept, but i wont use it or buy it. because those corners looks like they're gonna pierce my hand any second

that means its a tablet. since 2x 5" is a tablet, or even more.

i dont think it will be much bigger than a iphone 5. i love the concept, but i wont use it or buy it. because those corners looks like they're gonna pierce my hand any second

I agree. It'll be really thick though. Imagine dropping that thing and having the CPU go sliding across the floor, leaving the delicate pins vulnerable. Yeah, I'll pass.

Archived