Is this allowed (buy orders)

BidBadMoo

The link shows the buy and sell orders for battle-worn taunt processors, but there are buy orders where people are paying 0.33 (or more) but putting their price to buy multiples. To me this just seems like a way to boost your price to the top regardless of what you're paying. It might be perfectly fine though, I don't really know :c

post-14407-0-85295400-1434036987_thumb.png

well posting you are buying for .33 but in the note you say your buying for .11 is not allowed 

but I think what your saying is ok

Well, if it DOES state they're buying multiple of the same item. It's allowed.

as long there are notes saying they are buying multiple,those are okay

No it's not. You could bypass all buying orders by doing this. You could claim for every item you're buying multiple while in fact you're just looking to buy one. However, by doing this you just bypassed everyone else.

If you are buying multiple you should put them at 0.33 ref each and put in the notes you're looking to buy more then one (or put the specific number you're looking to buy).

An example of how it should be done:

http://backpack.tf/stats/Unique/Gift%20Wrap/Tradable/Craftable

==> People looking to buy multiple gift wraps, listing the price at which they are buying at, who are adding in their notes that they are looking to buy more then one.

Ahh ok, it just seemed weird that people could be buying for 0.22 but be shown above someone buying for 0.33, but i guess it doesn't matter that much

No it's not. You could bypass all buying orders by doing this. You could claim for every item you're buying multiple while in fact you're just looking to buy one. However, by doing this you just bypassed everyone else.

If you are buying multiple you should put them at 0.33 ref each and put in the notes you're looking to buy more then one.

Report it and it wil be taken care of.

pretty sure polar has said that is allowed somewhere iirc (yes im not sure)

I don't think this is allowed. If everyone does this, the priority of the buying price is meaningless.

Yeah, thats kind of what i was thinking but it seems like people aren't really sure whether its ok or not (like me)

It's not really fair to the other buyers. You can be put at top even though you're paying less per part. No one wants to see spam like "buying 9 parts for 1 ref" when there are buyers at 0.33 who would pay 3 ref for 9 parts. Just say you're paying 0.11 ref per part, but only looking to buy 9. It's not that hard.

it kinda sounds like cutting in line to me. It's like the people who say they're selling a one key item for 17 ref, and say they'll give change for a key. It's cutting in line.

If you are buying multiple you should put them at 0.33 ref each and put in the notes you're looking to buy more then one (or put the specific number you're looking to buy).

An example of how it should be done:

http://backpack.tf/stats/Unique/Gift%20Wrap/Tradable/Craftable

==> People looking to buy multiple gift wraps, listing the price at which they are buying at, who are adding in their notes that they are looking to buy more then one.

I, personally, agree... but not sure what the Rules&Guidelines say about it.  I would imagine they would agree as well, since the buy order is for "A" robotpart, there is no way to change the icon itself to say x33 or w/e.  This is kinda what TF2Outpost is for.

I would just put the price I'm paying for EACH and then in my notes say that I plan on buying multiple... some sellers won't even bother adding someone if they're just buy one.

it kinda sounds like cutting in line to me. It's like the people who say they're selling a one key item for 17 ref, and say they'll give change for a key. It's cutting in line.

Agreed. If it isn't allowed for sellers, it shouldn't be allowed for buyers.

This is not allowed. Since bp.tf doesn't support multi listings you have to make a buy order for a single item. Report buy orders like these (no ban should be given imo but the listing will be removed).

pretty sure polar has said that is allowed somewhere iirc (yes im not sure)

I'm sure you confused it with the paint/ks thing.

Archived