Impose price floor of painted hats/miscs

T-Bills

I shop for painted hats by price. In the past few months, whenever I've seen someone make a post with a price of 1 ref or 1 scrap, then in the description says "not selling for 1 ref really selling for 15 ref", I tag it as "seller refuses to sell at posted price". 

Sometimes it gets removed quickly, other times not. I'm sure this waste mods a lot of time to remove crap posts like this too. 

My suggestion is, how about implement a mandatory price floor of all items? For example, The Bird-Man of Aberdeen painted black is automatically priced by bp as 1.22 keys (about 23 ref). How about implement a price floor that's 1/4 of that? If someone's looking to quicksell, I'm sure it'll get sold very quickly even at that price. 

I know that people will still try to post The Bird-Man of Aberdeen painted black as 2.33 ref then write "not selling for 2.33 ref really selling for 15 ref", but at least that screens out all the crap posts at 1 ref or 1 scrap that will make sorting useless. 

Or maybe an alternative would be disabling commenting if the price posted is significantly less than what's suggested by bp. 

Thanks for reading! 

I shop for painted hats by price. In the past few months, whenever I've seen someone make a post with a price of 1 ref or 1 scrap, then in the description says "not selling for 1 ref really selling for 15 ref", I tag it as "seller refuses to sell at posted price". 

Sometimes it gets removed quickly, other times not. I'm sure this waste mods a lot of time to remove crap posts like this too. 

My suggestion is, how about implement a mandatory price floor of all items? For example, The Bird-Man of Aberdeen painted black is automatically priced by bp as 1.22 keys (about 23 ref). How about implement a price floor that's 1/4 of that? If someone's looking to quicksell, I'm sure it'll get sold very quickly even at that price. 

I know that people will still try to post The Bird-Man of Aberdeen painted black as 2.33 ref then write "not selling for 2.33 ref really selling for 15 ref", but at least that screens out all the crap posts at 1 ref or 1 scrap that will make sorting useless. 

Or maybe an alternative would be disabling commenting if the price posted is significantly less than what's suggested by bp. 

Thanks for reading! 

What I'd say is just ignore, report and move on.

just keep tagging them for "Not selling for listed price", I'm sure they'll get banned (or temp banned) after a while.

(TL:DR I typed in .27 or w/e and it'd round to .22... I don't remember the exact price I used at the time, that's just an example).
The only time I posted for a wrong price was when I was selling Reinforced mvm parts in bulk... I was trying to set the price so it was 5 for the price of 4, but apparently bp.tf doesn't like odd-fractions and would AUTOMATICALLY round my typed-in-price down to the nearest .11'th after I clicked submit.  I wrote in the description about my intentions... most people read it, but I still had a few people that wanted the lower price instead.

Looking back on it, I probably should've rounded up manually so at least the markedprice was higher than my intention & no one would be sour about it and people-that-dont-read might even feel good when they trade me and I give'm a "sale".

just keep tagging them for "Not selling for listed price", I'm sure they'll get banned (or temp banned) after a while.

That's what I've been doing, but there has got to be an easier way, for buyers and for bp admins

Archived