Price suggestion wtf type moment

steviej

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55661e9cb98d8826468b45e1

how does a suggestion with literally one piece of evidence get accepted with such a landslide?

there are 16 hats known, isn't it like against the rules to make a suggestion with only one piece of evidence?

I have the hat and it's not that i'm mad that it got bumped down, it's that it got bumped down really illegitimately in my opinion

Among every single one of those 16 hats in existence, there were a grand total of 2 sales in the last 3 months. One sale was unidentifiable. Suggestion was based on the only usable sale.

The suggestion system is an anti-sellers system designed to skew the price of hats lower and frustrate people who put time and effort into their trades.

An example. One hat exists and you put a lot of time and effort into getting a good deal on that hat. At some point that sale will be used to lower the price of that hat to what you paid. Your efforts are wasted.

It is funny that a site that is dedicated to facilitating the trading of all items in TF2 has created a system designed to attack this aspect of trading.

To take one instance as statistically relevant of anything and then take action that affects someones property is the mindset of someone who has never worked for a living and has no respect for hard work. The best thing to do is not use Backpack prices. (even tho you will be expected to). Also you can exploit the horrible pricing that exists throughout this site to buy and hold hats that are terribly under priced.

The suggestion system is an anti-sellers system designed to skew the price of hats lower and frustrate people who put time and effort into their trades.

An example. One hat exists and you put a lot of time and effort into getting a good deal on that hat. At some point that sale will be used to lower the price of that hat to what you paid. Your efforts are wasted.

It is funny that a site that is dedicated to facilitating the trading of all items in TF2 has created a system designed to attack this aspect of trading.

To take one instance as statistically relevant of anything and then take action that affects someones property is the mindset of someone who has never worked for a living and has no respect for hard work. The best thing to do is not use Backpack prices. (even tho you will be expected to). Also you can exploit the horrible pricing that exists throughout this site to buy and hold hats that are terribly under priced.

The rules are made to prevent that. If you buy an unpriced hat, you either need to wait for a new sale, or wait one month before you can price it.

If you get a second sale and that's also lower than what you want, or you haven't resold the hat in a month the amount you want for the hat is probably too high or you're very unlucky/you have a hard to sell hat.

Didn't you apply for mod at some point? Good thing you didn't come through with that...

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/55661e9cb98d8826468b45e1

how does a suggestion with literally one piece of evidence get accepted with such a landslide?

there are 16 hats known, isn't it like against the rules to make a suggestion with only one piece of evidence?

I have the hat and it's not that i'm mad that it got bumped down, it's that it got bumped down really illegitimately in my opinion

Like polar said, no other valid sales the last three months. I can confirm the sale since I currently own the hat.

Z you are a scammer and a thief with a 500 dollar backpack? Any more wisdom from the depths?

That totally has something to do with the topic. 

It's quite useful in the case of 1/1 hats. If I'm offering on something I usually look at what the owner paid for it. If I'm offering less than or equal to what they paid I know I'd probably just be wasting their time. Just because an item is priced at a certain price does not mean it can't sell for higher. You can find a lot of rare hats increasing in value because someone is willing to pay more over time.

This is a prime example of one of those cases:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/556b3dbedea9e9d6178b45c7

The funny thing is; the vast majority of the wealth that I have accrued is in the trading of Pro and Spec Fabs and Kits. The reason why this has been a much more pleasurable trading experience is that these items are completely unaffected by the Backpack Suggestion system. Once you start to trade in items that can be suggested on, the whole experience becomes very inconsistent and can result in your work being undermined by someone who seems to be playing a game. (not with their own money or hard work). 

Since I typed my first note I have had another item drop 40 keys based on one sale and that makes about 1000 buds in the last 4-5 weeks. If you want to have a healthy economy. (I believe the SCM is functioning very well and I am selling a lot more hats there then at backpack; it is Backpack that has lost the faith of traders and allowed a negative sentiment to permeate all that goes on here with trading and pricing. ) the people that do the work and risk their property should have confidence in the system. 

The funny thing is; the vast majority of the wealth that I have accrued is in the trading of Pro and Spec Fabs and Kits. The reason why this has been a much more pleasurable trading experience is that these items are completely unaffected by the Backpack Suggestion system. 

IKR,killstreaks rule. 

i rarely deal with fabs/kits and more with weapons,but the results are nearly the same

The funny thing is; the vast majority of the wealth that I have accrued is in the trading of Pro and Spec Fabs and Kits. The reason why this has been a much more pleasurable trading experience is that these items are completely unaffected by the Backpack Suggestion system. Once you start to trade in items that can be suggested on, the whole experience becomes very inconsistent and can result in your work being undermined by someone who seems to be playing a game. (not with their own money or hard work). 

Since I typed my first note I have had another item drop 40 keys based on one sale and that makes about 1000 buds in the last 4-5 weeks. If you want to have a healthy economy. (I believe the SCM is functioning very well and I am selling a lot more hats there then at backpack; it is Backpack that has lost the faith of traders and allowed a negative sentiment to permeate all that goes on here with trading and pricing. ) the people that do the work and risk their property should have confidence in the system. 

Are you sure that all of those hats actually dropped? 90% of the hats ended up with severe inflation issues after the March 31st update.  BP.tf simply took the price of buds at the latest accepted suggestion and converted that to keys.  So if your hat was priced at 10 buds prior to March 31st and the price was 1 year old, you ended up with a 200 key hat, which is an obviously inflated value (it should be closer to 100 - 120 assuming that all other factors remained equal).   The majority of hats dropping now is just realigning the values to keys, it just looks like a drop, but it really isn't.  

Archived