Ever made a price suggestion without knowing how?

Kira Sanders

Let me tell you a story. Back when Robocrates first came out, I thought they'd hold something amazing, and that I'd be able to open all of them when a key came out for it, so I collected almost 100 of them, and being the idiot I was, I bought them for a scrap each. Then they became rare drops, and I thought they'd go up in price, so I could make a huge profit. I was disappointed that the price never went up. It even went down and back up a few times. So I linked my Steam account to BP.TF, and being the idiot I was, I made a price suggestion with zero proof, thinking I could get the price up to get the profit I wanted, and an hour later, I was banned.

The next day, I contacted Wolfi, the admin who banned me, to ask why, and he explained everything, and unbanned me. To this day, it's one of my biggest regrets as a TF2 fanboy and trader. Since then, I haven't made another price suggestion, as I didn't want to dump gasoline on the flames. I actually auctioned off the Robocrates along with some other crates, and while I didn't make an profit, it was nice to get those sucked out of my BP once and for all.

So I'm wondering: has anything like this ever happened to you? Your first time on BP.TF, you make a price suggestion, you have no idea how to do it, and you it gets closed/you get banned.

Well if you are interested in try making suggestions: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/3203-guide-making-good-suggestions/

Think my first suggestion was for a unusual anger which was a needed update except i didnt know that proof was needed and got closed. Came back a few months later after i got a few accepted prices for normal items and re did it huhu

Erm.. my first suggestion is when I was starting to collect festives 2012. The last festive that I need is the festive huntsman and it is impossible to buy at low price. Well, since then, I heard that backpack.tf can suggest items going to rise or drop. Just tried even though my proof is sht compare to now. It's lucky that there are really nobody selling at the low price. AND SOUNDTRACK ACCEPTED IT!!! LEGENDARY MOD :D...

Well, my first suggestion was for the Surgeon's Stahlhelm. At the time, there were only slots for 5 links of proof. Most suggesters put links in the comments, but I didn't know that. So I only put 5 links.

But, it was accepted by Brad.

My first one was for the bonk boy to decrease in price, got a lot of positive votes, but most of the low end proof was based on quick sales. Got denied sadly.

my first suggestion was without proof so it isnt counted, but my first suggestion with proof was for s. widowmaker but it was closed because i had only 1 seller at the suggested low end

Archived