No one ever told me

MC22

people upvoting my suggestions didn't give me rep. How was I never notified? I always read the bp.tf news. I feel kinda sad because now I finally know why my rep whoring guide doesn't exist. No one uses the words rep whore either. I never noticed. I feel quite silly now.

people upvoting my suggestions didn't give me rep. How was I never notified? I always read the bp.tf news. I feel kinda sad because now I finally know why my rep whoring guide doesn't exist. No one uses the words rep whore either. I never noticed. I feel quite silly now.

I always thought it was accepted suggestion = 10 points

rejected = -5

and that votes basically never really matter?

I always thought it was accepted suggestion = 10 points

rejected = -5

and that votes basically never really matter?

You will receive 10 contribution points if it gets accepted. In the case it gets denied, you will lose 5 contribution points.

seems to be true, according to the FAQ, but i dont know about the votes part, as negative votes do reduce your points.

there are 2 ways it could be possible i could think of. (i believe i had a third but i forgot it.)

1. downvotes reduce your points, and you get the 'lost' points back when it gets accepted and then +10 points.
  2. if you got for example 30 downvotes, 10 upvotes and it gets accepted, you get -20 points + 10 for it being accepted.

Archived