Domestic Violence in Different Spotlights.

Engi Desu

This triggers me somewhat after I seen this on imgur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4JCWJqj9JY

Even as a more tolerant country, like Britain, we still have assholes that laugh about a man getting abused by his partner? Sure, it's on Jeremy Kyle and many people says it's the offspring of Jerry Springer, but it holds a legitimate point. If it takes the host of the show to point out the major flaw in the situation to the horrible audience, whom are holding stereotypical beliefs about genders, then it shows a problem.

If a man abuses a woman, we would all be horrified. If a woman abused a man, we all shame and laugh at the man. 

Why in the fuck do we hold such gender roles and view points that are outdated as hell? I thought we were more advanced than that shit.

It will always be like that.

for example:

man shows/talks about his feeling, oh wow i bet hes a faggot.

But if a woman does it its completely natural.

in the domestic violence scene people will react like that because men are generally stronger than women. Everyone would think: why doesnt the man stand up for himself, hes stronger anyway.

Its because men and women are different from each other, there will always be gender roles.

I'd stay away from Jeremy Kyle, unless you want to lose faith in humanity. Some of the incidents/debacles on his show are downright ridiculous.

Everyone would think: why doesnt the man stand up for himself, hes stronger anyway.

That's true except for one problem. Society would accuse the man of domestic violence and abuse. I think there's even a statistic somewhere (gotta dig it up) that shows that if a man reports a woman for domestic violence, he is more likely to be taken away and arrested. 

You've made the mistake of assuming the Jeremy Kyle audience are functioning humans; they barely register as sentient life, on about the same level as a particularly slow-witted fungus.

You could replace them with chimps and the show would STILL probably run more smoothly.

As far as the actual topic is concerned I agree entirely with OP so I have nothing to add :3

You've made the mistake of assuming the Jeremy Kyle audience are functioning humans; they barely register as sentient life, on about the same level as a particularly slow-witted fungus.

You could replace them with chimps and the show would STILL probably run more smoothly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is something I agree with completely. +Internet Points to OP and +Internet Points to the talk show host. 

As far as the actual topic is concerned I agree entirely with OP so I have nothing to add :3

Oh. I knew that the Jeremy Kyle show (mainly in the UK) was nothing, but a spin-off of Jerry Springer without the fighting or Maury with all the drama.

It seems more that it actually attempts to fix the problem (with some forms of counseling) than other shows that brings them out solely for the drama.

Yet, I didn't think they would reach such a low like that.

Not the best of examples to use, but a good portion of the populous does watch these types of shows...

That's true except for one problem. Society would accuse the man of domestic violence and abuse. I think there's even a statistic somewhere (gotta dig it up) that shows that if a man reports a woman for domestic violence, he is more likely to be taken away and arrested. 

I think I heard of that statistic. More of the "man is the powerful one" and "women are considered the weak and helpless" stereotypes, which seems to show in statistics that people still holds such views.

I'd stay away from Jeremy Kyle, unless you want to lose faith in humanity. Some of the incidents/debacles on his show are downright ridiculous.

I actually watched the U.S. show and it wasn't heavily dabbled on drama and incidents. I've seen the U.K. shows and they were way worse in that department than the U.S.

Maybe that's because we still have Jerry Springer (which was shortly removed after Jeremy Kyle started up in the U.K.) to take the insane ones onto his show.

Oh, that male privilege!  The Patriarchy Conspiracy against women sure is doing a great job for all the men who get abused but nobody cares about because they aren't women, get raped but nobody cares about because they aren't women, are the vast majority of homeless but nobody cares about because they aren't women, vast majority who commit commit suicide, vast majority who go to war, have all the shit jobs, get shafted by the government as veterans, and are the vast majority who go to prison.

#banbossy

That's why we need #feminism so badly!  To protect women from these privileged men!  I am so #triggered right now!  I need to go donate some more money to a professional victim's patreon account, read some anti-male propaganda, go talk about a wage gap that doesn't exist, read artificially inflated rape statistics, and make some angry tumblr posts about how evil men are, because it's not sexist to hate men, especially if you pretend that women are all victims of them.  It's not in any way similar to the Nazi anti-jewish propaganda about The Jewish Conspiracy either.

Holy shit.  If you're not a #feminist then you're a misogynist. 

#killallmen

Archived