Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head: No price

AlwaysBorn

nobody is selling the untradable one.

if we'd price the tradable one everyone's backpack would rise because the untradable one would get 50% of that price (backpack.tf auto annoying stuff)

You already had a status about this that I already answered: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/805-sphlt-dirty-hat-king/?status_id=7746

It does have a current price on backkpack.tf

1KFQaOM.png

Source

The price for tradable Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head is hardwired into backpack.tf's code. The reason it isn't on the price list is because it'd give people a false sense of value for the untradable version such as how the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker has a price of 3 keys, so the untradable version you get from crafting the achievement haunted scrap metal is valued at over a key on backpack.tf even though it isn't nearly worth that much.

It'd basically screw over newer traders to see an untradable and easily obtainable achievement item worth over 9 keys on the price list even though nobody knowledgeable would pay that amount. Vice-versa on the side of pricing the untradable version instead, you'd end up with a price of like a reclaimed, so you'd have newer traders spamming the trade calling the people with the tradable version high-balling scum.

Either way is a bad outcome, and having it hardwired the way it is now is just fine.

You already had a status about this that I already answered: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/statuses/user/805-sphlt-dirty-hat-king/?status_id=7746

It does have a current price on backkpack.tf

Source

The price for tradable Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head is hardwired into backpack.tf's code. The reason it isn't on the price list is because it'd give people a false sense of value for the untradable version such as how the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker has a price of 3 keys, so the untradable version you get from crafting the achievement haunted scrap metal is valued at over a key on backpack.tf even though it isn't nearly worth that much.

It'd basically screw over newer traders to see an untradable and easily obtainable achievement item worth over 9 keys on the price list even though nobody knowledgeable would pay that amount. Vice-versa on the side of pricing the untradable version instead, you'd end up with a price of like a reclaimed, so you'd have newer traders spamming the trade calling the people with the tradable version high-balling scum.

Either way is a bad outcome, and having it hardwired the way it is now is just fine.

Current price is set at 21 keys. Which I think is far from accurate.

Maybe we can make a special sign besides the price of these items to let people notify about how it works?

Maybe with spoiler button?

I don't know. In my opinion it's weird and a better solution can be found for it.

• 1 month later...

You cannot craft it, i think....

So the only way to get it is to get the achievement, what makes it unable to trade.

(And the ppl who say they're selling it, they're item haxxers.)

By the way, who even WANTS that hat?

Okay, it's 'hard-to-get-the-achievement' legally, but i think at least 37% of the people who own it got it in a achievement server (including me. Why do you look at me, i did not ask you a question?!)

Sincerely,

Vintage zigzagoon7

You cannot craft it, i think....

So the only way to get it is to get the achievement, what makes it unable to trade.

(And the ppl who say they're selling it, they're item haxxers.)

By the way, who even WANTS that hat?

Okay, it's 'hard-to-get-the-achievement' legally, but i think at least 37% of the people who own it got it in a achievement server (including me. Why do you look at me, i did not ask you a question?!)

Sincerely,

Vintage zigzagoon7

dat bump

almost all are untradable

On a similar note, can we remove the price for haunted scrap being quite so high, or it even having a price at all? With now nearly every trade server including and HHH, they are easily achieved, and nearly none are being bought on the open market.

this will all be fixed coming in an update near you

NUUUUU I had a quiet neighbourhood. Due to the popularity of the site, it's gonna get overcrowded here. NUUUUUUUUUUUU

Thanks for adding these features

Archived