Is there still hope in humanity?

CecilyLovesYou<3™

Before when I got into middle school, which is about 6-7 years from now, I watched an anime called "Gundam". And among them, there have been mentions of certain people that want to destroy the world because humanity is corrupted.

I fanatically believed that thought, even till this very day, because humanity is corrupted in a way. ISIS, certain nations doing inhumane stuff for selfish reasons (Hitler was a good example), and even now, in school we see corruption amongst our peers and teachers, such as bullying.

My question is, is there still hope in humanity? Can it be saved?

Comments below. 

EDIT: Oh, and here's a quote from the two rivals among the anime talking.

Amuro: Char, I'm sorry... I doubted you, just like anyone else.

Char: Why should people trust me? They don't have any reason. Yet. 

Char: Distrust is human nature. Distrust creates doubt. And doubt makes people misjudge the intentions of others.

(So deep, I know.)

You haven't visited /x/ obviously.

That would change the way you look at life.

I am already changed, there's no turning point to begin with. I experienced bullying since grade 4, and I started watching this anime at grade 5.

There is still hope in humanity.

Sometimes you just think about it.

I just hate people whoring for attention... "OMG, THERE IS NO HOPE IN HUMANITY OMG OMG LIKE ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!.... Why are they even alive if there is no HOPE in humanity?"

I'm not referring to anybody specific, ok?

The majority of human beings are lazy and ignorant, and from what I've seen, they actually prefer to stay that way.  They will actively fight to remain superstitious, in poor health, and lacking in critical thinking.  That's what you're up against.  Yes there's hope, but it's not in the generations currently alive.  They're a lost cause.  They're simply too used to being the way they are.  The hope is in the children.  Unfortunately they are controlled by the current generation of parents, who are giant fucking idiots.  The hope lies in educating the children surreptitiously.  Thankfully, the internet makes that somewhat easy.  Kids are naturally curious and seek out all kinds of knowledge, and the internet is there for them to do that with so much ease.  All you have to do is put the information out there, and they will gravitate to it through their own channels.

The internet is so vital for the future of humanity.  It's also vital that it stays as free and open as possible.

Humanity still has hope, but that hope will start to die out if more idiots are being born instead of people who can think actually.

Dictators, tyrants and imbeciles all come and go, yet the world moves on.

Archived