Add Prices for Dual-Quality Items

V!P Scorlleon

So, this is my first time posting.

Help me

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I don't think it was.

I was looking for prices for my Strange Genuine Anger, and I could only find prices for Strange OR Genuine.

I know this isn't that much of a problem, since I can search it up in the SCM and calculate the price in keys, but a surprising amount of people don't know that.

I think that we should be allowed to create price listings for such items, as more and more people have just started playing TF2, and may not know about the SCM calculation method.

So yeah, I think it would be beneficial for everyone to have this feature added onto backpack.tf

Thanks for your time and attention, and please leave comments on how I can do better next time :)

We've had more threads on this than you can imagine

i think the response was "The API doesn't distinguish between either quality so there is no possible chance to price" ?

We've had more threads on this than you can imagine

i think the response was "The API doesn't distinguish between either quality so there is no possible chance to price" ?

If that's the case, then why is Bazaar able to distinguish?

If that's the case, then why is Bazaar able to distinguish?

I don't have a gud damn clue, doesn't Backpack.tf run on Steam API instead of WebAPI?

Steam API doesn't distinguish between qualities, WebAPIs do

I don't have a gud damn clue, doesn't Backpack.tf run on Steam API instead of WebAPI?

Steam API doesn't distinguish between qualities, WebAPIs do

It's still possible - (fragment of my backpack)

"629267272_629234748":{"appid":"440","classid":"629267272","instanceid":"629234748","name":"Strange Haunted Templar's Spirit","market_hash_name":"Haunted Templar's Spirit","market_name":"Haunted Templar's Spirit","name_color":"38f3ab","background_color":"3C352E","type":"Strange Cosmetic Item - Carnival Kills: 0","tradable":1,"marketable":1,"commodity":0,"descriptions":[{"value":"(Carnival Underworld Kills: 0)","color":"756b5e"},{"value":"(Carnival Games Won: 0)","color":"756b5e"},{"value":"Holiday Restriction: Halloween \/ Full Moon","color":"d83636"},{"value":" "},{"value":"The Templar","color":"e1e10f","app_data":{"is_itemset_name":1}},

Here, the name includes "Strange Haunted". If the item's been renamed, the type can be used, or even the strange parts that are attached, to determine the second quality. I don't think there's "Strange" in any item that's not strange.

Why?

What's the point? All it means is a lot more trouble for Fiskie.

I can see a lot of rep-whoring if we add Strange Haunted as everyone converts the 2014 Haunteds to the proper quality. I'm looking at you, craft hat blanket suggesters.

But generally just look at the difference between the Unique and the Genuine, then adjust the Strange accordingly - after all, it's just a Strangifier on a Unique item.

X + Y = $$$

Quality One's Price + Quality Two's Price = Total Price

Nothing is ever as simple as that. Prices are dictated by how much others are willing to pay and because it is is dual quality it limits the market as no everyone wants to have dual quality.

Eg painted hats, ppl like white paint and players like the anger but not every one wants a painted white anger and hence its price isn't white paint + anger

Archived