Steam market prices dissapeared

stefanos13

Hello there , 

could anyone else confirm that after the new interface was added to backpack.tf a lot of items (majority are killstreak items ) dont seem to have the steam market price that was always there? It is a little bit weird since some of them still have it while others dont and makes trading a little bit more complicated . If any of the staff in here read it , please be so kind and fix it.

Market prices are only appearing on marketable items.

Wow how did you deduce that?

Market prices are only appearing on marketable items.

i wrote above about killstreaks mate. all kind of killstreaks either spec , prof , basic , weapons , kits or fabs are found on market.

I have got quite some killstreak items for sale.

It seems allmost random what weapons do not have a price.

Strange Specialized Killstreak Diamond Botkiller Minigun Mk.I - has no price

Strange Specialized Killstreak Carbonado Botkiller Rocket Launcher Mk.I - has a price
Professional Killstreak Detonator - has no price
Professional Killstreak Minigun - has a price

Vintage Professional Killstreak Axtinguisher - also has no price

All non-ks stranges have prices for me.

As far as i know all my stranges/killstreaks do have market sellers and sales, for example the spec diamond one: http://imgur.com/TRg0NHH,fA8veCb,j4WFjl4

Also unusuals have no market price, but that is gone since longer.

I have got quite some killstreak items for sale.

It seems allmost random what weapons do not have a price.

Strange Specialized Killstreak Diamond Botkiller Minigun Mk.I - has no price

Strange Specialized Killstreak Carbonado Botkiller Rocket Launcher Mk.I - has a price

Professional Killstreak Detonator - has no price

Professional Killstreak Minigun - has a price

Vintage Professional Killstreak Axtinguisher - also has no price

All non-ks stranges have prices for me.

As far as i know all my stranges/killstreaks do have market sellers and sales, for example the spec diamond one: http://imgur.com/TRg0NHH,fA8veCb,j4WFjl4

Also unusuals have no market price, but that is gone since longer.

Thats exactly my point. Before the change all the killstreaks (100 % sure of that ,dont know about other market found items) had a price tag on them. Now its like you describe it.

• Administrators

Hi,

You'll notice that the items with no price will have had only <5 listings on the SCM.

What I wanted to do was make sure items with a small amount of listings weren't screwing with market backpack values, which can be the case if a couple of people are listing a common item for $100, in which case we'd want to make sure these items wouldn't be represented as such on the site.

I can lower the restriction on this (which I will do shortly), but it may result in weird things happening. It's more of an issue for the Dota 2/CS:GO sites that are more dependent on market value for calculating backpack values, etc.

Hi,

You'll notice that the items with no price will have had only <5 listings on the SCM.

What I wanted to do was make sure items with a small amount of listings weren't screwing with market backpack values, which can be the case if a couple of people are listing a common item for $100, in which case we'd want to make sure these items wouldn't be represented as such on the site.

I can lower the restriction on this (which I will do shortly), but it may result in weird things happening. It's more of an issue for the Dota 2/CS:GO sites that are more dependent on market value for calculating backpack values, etc.

Thanks a lot for responding and letting me know. Good thinking you have and i approve it ;) Just thought it was a 'bug' or something and wanted to mention it and help in any way. Thanks again.

Archived