Worst trading expierences?

The Tea Overlord

Share your worst trading expierences here!

Mine was:

I was selling the Conga taunt for some ref below a key. Another seller was selling for a key. A guy traded the other guy, and he bought the Conga for a key from the other guy. I was like WTF and was so mad and raged. XD

Erm, not going to mention the obvious one...

I paid around 25 in easy to sell unusuals for a terro tc? something like that

had to sell it for 8 mixed later. I was so fucking sad lmao. Def my largest set back.

I also got voodoojuju scammed a while back. Thankfully my parents gave me money to make up for it tho ;^)

clean scorching trophy and 2 buds (when they are 13) for an arcana hwnn

I regret selling the hwnn

Had to wait almost 3 months to sell my Festive Pro KS sniper rifle for pure.

I actually lost ~5 keys.

Meanwhile I get peppered with lowballs, phisers, scammers and general salty people.

does anything of this count?

gGyIL1D.png

PVjBQoc.png

PeGtI5e.png

LS27kEl.png

rW4gdzs.png

cC0adza.png

the loss of the key and the BB for taunts and cosmetics

People who reserve hats then don't buy them or silently unadd you.

i just had that happen with my misty hound dog...

Sold my GE TC for a morning glory kiss king and I had to sell for around 20 mixed which was a 16 bud loss. I think buts were like 14-15 at the time

The daily adds, the daily trade offers for random items in my inventory, or their random items for my keys. Daily messages asking if I am selling "derp". Asking if I will quicksell my hats or give them away "cuz ur rich so it dont matter".

I get this all the time:

Random dude: "u buy my cancer? it comes with a free tumor"

Aethroz: "No thanks, if it isn't listed on tf2op, then I'm not buying or selling it"

Random dude: "but dude ur rich u can buy it"

Aethroz: "No thanks, please don't spam. If you don't have a valid offer or request, please un-friend me"

Random dude: "ur a douche. f*** you fegit"

Aethroz: "kthxbai"

I try so hard to be polite to these people, because some of them actually turn out to be chill and just misinformed. Other times I'm polite purely because the person is such an ass, they'd be the kind of person who'd screenshot and upload, saying they made me rage.

Have to say though, even with all this "worst trading experience" there are a LOT of good people/trades out there.

Got sharked off two Level Three Chins, had a guy waste my time and lowball my low craft. The only thing he had to say when I said I'm blocking him was "BUT I'M A CUSTOMER".

People who say 'backpack.tf says this about your hat' instead of 'what do you value your hat at'. Don't tell me what my hat is worth and then say you only follow backpack.tf, only to go 20 keys under the price because 'i hav to mak profit 2'

Too many to name.....

I'll just take the most recent one:  guy comments on my trade that he wants to pay my BO for my SBTWC Tavish DeGroot, but he wants to see it in game first.  Cool, no problem (but I never understand why you can't just youtube the effect?).   So we get in game, I show him the hat, everything seems alright.  He tells me he's deciding between my hat and another and he'll let me know.  Alright, my expectations immediately drop.   Later he tells me he decided on the other hat.  No problem, but out of curiosity, what was the other hat?  Turns out he decided on an eerie orbiting cancer fire Tavish over my SBTWC Tavish.  Like....wtf?  Eerie Orbiting Fire > SBTWC????   K.....

he wants to see it in game first.  Cool, no problem (but I never understand why you can't just youtube the effect?). 

I'm one of those people, and in all honesty, it's just not the same looking at it at YT and looking at it in game. You can also compare it to your current unu (if it's an unu for unu trade, or you've just shown interest in it).

Like....wtf?  Eerie Orbiting Fire > SBTWC????   K.....

Maybe he bought it to wear it, not to sell it, and he prefers how E.O-Fire looks.

Also, had this happen today.

Guy wants to buy Unusual with cash. All over my trade is PayPal.

We discuss, I give him a pretty good deal, he still asks for a "better price". We agreed on a price, and then he asks me to post on SCM -_-

Like really...  SCM != PayPal, at all.

Then had to argue with a different person, who said that my PayPal prices should be the same as if I posted it on SCM.

So hard to explain logic at people.

Too many to name.....

I'll just take the most recent one:  guy comments on my trade that he wants to pay my BO for my SBTWC Tavish DeGroot, but he wants to see it in game first.  Cool, no problem (but I never understand why you can't just youtube the effect?). 

Gren, I once lent you my DBD Muffs for EXACTLY that reason.

On topic: I hate when people flat out lie about their items. Don't you dare claim 1/1 in existence when I can easily look at bp for 3 seconds and find that your hat is in fact 1/2. Not that matters, because this guy is claiming 1/1 on a PE Tin Capotain. Even 1/1, I would much rather have my c9 Hermes.

Anyone with a <$50 backpack who adds you to haggle on the price of a <1 key item or offers trash items. Just a waste of time.

Archived