Is it still Murder or not?

Ersin

Scenario:Guy drowns another dude, but other dude is revived in the hospital.

Is it attempted murder since the guy is still alive or plain murder?

This has been itching my head a bit.

Attempted murder if the person is still alive, of course.

(or is there something more to your question that I do not understand?)

Is it attempted murder since the guy is still alive or plain murder?

This has been itching my head a bit.

The guy ain't dead, so it's attempted murder.

It's literally as simple of that. Murder is a more severe punishment than attempted murder because you have to retribute the taking of a life, not the harming of one.

Attempted murder means it didn't work, so yeah. If they guy was intentionally trying to murder someone it's still premeditated murder, whether or not it works.

Attempted Murder The Person Didn't Die From Drowning Hence It's Not Murder But Attempted Murder Instead 

Attempted ________ means the criminal tried to ___________ but did not succeed. So attempted murder.

It's attempted murder because they tried to kill the person, whether they were revived or not, they still tried to kill someone but did not succeed.

Attempted murder if the person is still alive, of course.

(or is there something more to your question that I do not understand?)

Yeah I do think there is something you're missing.

If hes not dead its not murder? Uncertain as to why you are confused.

The guy was unsuccessful in killing the other dude. Attempted murder.

Attempted murder means it didn't work, so yeah. If they guy was intentionally trying to murder someone it's still premeditated murder, whether or not it works.

Attempted Murder The Person Didn't Die From Drowning Hence It's Not Murder But Attempted Murder Instead 

Attempted ________ means the criminal tried to ___________ but did not succeed. So attempted murder.

It's attempted murder because they tried to kill the person, whether they were revived or not, they still tried to kill someone but did not succeed.

I can't believe all of you guys seem to be missing the important part.

So he succeeded in drowning the other guy.  Technically it was murder.  Let's say the guy was legally declared dead.  Then he snaps back to life.  It's been known to happen that people who are declared dead sometimes wake out of it later.  That's the point, right?  Trouble is that if someone was declared dead and then is revived, doesn't it mean that the declaration was in error?  That's the hazy part IMO.

So maybe you guys aren't missing anything, and it's just me.  I'm going with attempted murder too.  Turns out he was only mostly dead.  Mostly dead is slightly alive.

So he succeeded in drowning the other guy.  Technically it was murder.  Let's say the guy was legally declared dead.  Then he snaps back to life.  It's been known to happen that people who are declared dead sometimes wake out of it later.  That's the point, right?  Trouble is that if someone was declared dead and then is revived, doesn't it mean that the declaration was in error?  That's the hazy part IMO.

Yes, the declaration was incorrect and should be revised.

attemtped. he succeded which means he attempted to murder him in the first place but since he got revived, its not full murder.

EzPz ^^

Archived