classifieds server down

Eric M

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post in -- This didn't seem like a bug to report on the Web Issues / Ban Appeals forum.

The server responsible for handling requests to list classifieds is down and out. Any word on who tripped over the cord?

Cheers

backpack.cs was released mere moments ago correct me if I'm wrong, so there have been quite a few odd little errors and bugs.

Thanks bp.cs

I dunno what backpack.cs is.

My first indication that the site was on toes should have been that my BP value graph is at 0 :|

Eyyy guess what's back.

It's the server. Thanks.

Eyyy guess what's broken.

It created new listings for all my items that I relisted instead of bumping the old listings. It didn't remove my old listings either. http://i.imgur.com/KAF64bt.png That's a new one.

they are implementing some rather big changes to the listings system. i guess we need to wait a bit more until the thing is up and running again

We're currently pushing a big update, that's probably what is causing these problems. They should all be fixed later today and if they are not report them here or at backpack.tf/issue

Are there big patch notes available someplace or are you doing a public release on the steamgroup or are we just figuring it out as we go?  :D

So apparently buying items are supported and there is even matches but the users are setting buy price extremely high. Ooooo..... 

People always trying to mess up ....

So apparently buying items are supported and there is even matches but the users are setting buy price extremely high. Ooooo..... 

People always trying to mess up ....

When there's a flaw in the system, people will always take advantage of it.

It'll get fixed soon though.

So apparently buying items are supported and there is even matches but the users are setting buy price extremely high. 

There are already quickbuys everywhere. I hope they'll remove the function.

well, i can tell from experience that people will be confused. that small arrow is not enough to make a difference between buying and selling listings. keeping them separate might help (ie buying section / selling section). i assume the next step would be to integrate the buying function into the trade bot.

i've got one question: i've created 2 or 3 buy listings earlier, although i had the max number of listings. after that i closed some of the sell orders, but the listings are still maxed out - is there a glitch in the system? will the sell listings be treated separately or included in the max limit already enforced by each type of membership?

We're currently pushing a big update, that's probably what is causing these problems. They should all be fixed later today and if they are not report them here or at backpack.tf/issue

removing 'watch listings' and making people go through several pages to see sales feels like features were taken away from us

The "Classifieds quicklisting userscript" has also become useless since the update. I liked this script so much.

Archived