Bisexuality: Your Views

Le Purple Chakra

Well, since the last your views topic was kinda popular, let's see how well you go with this one :)

Being brought up in a rather sheltered household, I don't really know that much about bisexuality, apart from the facts that they are both heterosexual and homosexual (I guess...) and that bisexual people are usually discriminated against, even more so than homosexuals.

Cos I don't have much to say about this topic, what do you think? Do bisexual people disgust you or make you feel uncomfortable? What's your view?

I'm Ok With Bisexual Women But It's Not Possible To Be A Bisexual Male

If You're A Man Who Voluntary Has Sex With Another Man Then You're Gay

No Amount Of Women You Have Sex With Will Ever Change That 

This thread has already been ruined, but I'll give it a go anyway. There was exactly one reason why the other thread did well, and it was the lack of the presence of certain individuals.

The amount of double-standards that the comment above me exudes is hysterical and speaks volumes to the ignorance of the poster.
I would like to see that cleared up before I even consider any of their other points.

This thread has already been ruined, but I'll give it a go anyway. There was exactly one reason why the other thread did well, and it was the lack of the presence of certain individuals.

The amount of double-standards that the comment above me exudes is hysterical and speaks volumes to the ignorance of the poster.

I would like to see that cleared up before I even consider any of their other points.

inb4 "lol I bet you're gay".

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 12, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, May 12, 2015 - No reason given

lol I bet you're gay

what the fuck

1389325022633.png

Well, since the last your views topic was kinda popular, let's see how well you go with this one :)

Being brought up in a rather sheltered household, I don't really know that much about bisexuality, apart from the facts that they are both heterosexual and homosexual (I guess...) and that bisexual people are usually discriminated against, even more so than homosexuals.

Cos I don't have much to say about this topic, what do you think? Do bisexual people disgust you or make you feel uncomfortable? What's your view?

bisexuality isn't "both heterosexual and homosexual"; the point of those three labels is that they are different.

however, any system of labelling human sexual attraction almost always either becomes overcomplicated or too reductive to be accurate. it's generally accepted that your sexuality exists somewhere on a spectrum with exclusive attraction to 'maleness' on one end and 'femaleness' on the other; it occurs to me as well that given the extremely socially constructed nature of gender there follows a largely socially constructed amount of distinction between gender as far as attraction goes. hm.

anyway; personally i would identify with the label bisexual on the grounds that it is the historical grouping to which people who felt like i feel have belonged and been oppressed under and it's the label which would explain my feelings best to most people. in terms of slightly more nuanced labelling, pansexual better reflects the fact that i am not attracted to someone in terms of 'oh, that is an attractive GUY/GIRL'. i can't help 'seeing gender', so to speak, but i'm realising more that it doesn't delineate anything for me in terms of attraction. i know very attractive nonbinary/genderfluid individuals, for example.

oh, and i think bi erasure certainly is an issue within the LGBT community, but i think any "who's more oppressed" contests are unhelpful unless they refer to specific targeted criticisms of the way in which bisexual people might experience issues in what is supposed to be a supportive community. and even then the point isn't who is more oppressed. there are issues specific to bi people, but at the same time my sense as a guy who has been in a long term hetero relationship before is that you can very much 'pass' as straight and experience little to no discrimination. not that people should have to, of course, it just kinda turns out that way sometimes.

Bisexual people are just as bad as gays. They are evil spawns of the devil made only to do his slave labor upon Earth, and then to rot in hell. Every single bisexual and gay needs to die in a violent way and does not deserve to live on this planet.

Bisexual people are just as bad as gays. They are evil spawns of the devil made only to do his slave labor upon Earth, and then to rot in hell. Every single bisexual and gay needs to die in a violent way and does not deserve to live on this planet.

what the fuck

nice b8 m8

They're just like anyone else.  They can be assholes and they can be super cool.  Some of them can even be super horrible people to everyone because they have this SJW professional victim complex and they leverage it to be super dickish and pushy to everyone.  

But as with anyone, how cool they are varies from person to person.  I wish I'd figured that out sooner, because my sister was bi and she's been a total dickwad to me and everyone else for pretty much my entire life.  I don't talk to her anymore.  She had a lot of gay and bi friends and they were all total scumbags.  For a long time, my views on homosexuals and bisexuals were pretty negative because of that, and also because I was very much a hardcore fundamentalist chrisitan.  Once I learned to let go of all that baggage, I was able to open up and see reality.  It also helped that I eventually ran into some pretty cool people who were gay/bi, and I even developed a huge crush on a bi girl.  It didn't work out too well though.  Heh.

Anyway, don't let some bad experiences and religious indoctrination ruin your views on these people.  You might be robbing yourself of some potentially good friendships.  Judge people by how they act and how they treat you, not by who they're physically attracted to.

Bisexual people are pretty awesome, at least the ones I know. I have a good female friend who is bi and we discuss attractive girls as well as talk about other things. My best friend even came partially out of the closet to admit he's bi (which I could have already guessed)

Theres nothing wrong with bisexual relationships.

If you have a problem with it, obviously you still have some shit to learn in school and around the house. Mind your own god damned business for fucks sake. 

And thats my view. <3

Aren't they ideal? Everybody who falls in love with them has a chance. If a man were to fall in love with me now he would never have a chance simply because I'm not interested in a homosexual relationship. But if I were to be bisexual it wouldn't matter who falls in love with me, everybody has a chance. That doesn't mean everybody will be successful but at least they stand a chance. That said I've never fully understood why ones sexuality would be cause for discrimination

That said I've never fully understood why ones sexuality would be cause for discrimination

People get uncomfortable around people who are attracted to them and when not vice versa. People find that bad, so they insult and, as an extension, discriminate.

Bisexual people are the minority, therefore they are different. Let's discriminate, people say. We discriminate about anything

It's not gay unless the balls touch.

Me, i don't care what people love or want to bang. What right do I have to stop two concenting adults to do their thing?

No problem with it myself.

However In some cases of people going out with both a male and a female at the same time seems wrong to me.

I have a Girl that is a friend of mine that is Bi, She is pretty sweet, nothing wrong with her, you couldn't tell she was any diff then any other girl.

Are you serious or just a moron?

I'm more okay with bisexual women than men. I dont understand how someone can just all of a sudden like women then men a few days later. I really dont like the idea and I dont see myself being gay or bisexual just with how I dont see how someone can do that with bisexuality 

• Administrators

How does it make any sense to understand bisexuality in women but not men? It's the same thing.

I'll echo coolrocks here in that bi or pan means to me that I am attracted predominantly to who a person is, to how we interact, to how they make me feel, etc... their appearance, the shape of their genitals, and their gender expression are not all that important to me. I don't really understand monosexuality to be honest, given that gender expression is such a spectrum. I'm not attracted to femininity or masculinity, I'm attracted to who a person is.

How does it make any sense to understand bisexuality in women but not men? It's the same thing.

I'll echo coolrocks here in that bi or pan means to me that I am attracted predominantly to who a person is, to how we interact, to how they make me feel, etc... their appearance, the shape of their genitals, and their gender expression are not all that important to me. I don't really understand monosexuality to be honest, given that gender expression is such a spectrum. I'm not attracted to femininity or masculinity, I'm attracted to who a person is.

It's Not The Same Thing A Man Who Voluntary Allows Another Man To Jam A Penis Up His Ass Is Gay 

I Don't Take Gay Women Seriously Because It's Physically Impossible For Two Women To Have Sex With Each Other 

• Administrators

It's Not The Same Thing A Man Who Voluntary Allows Another Man To Jam A Penis Up His Ass Is Gay 

I Don't Take Gay Women Seriously Because It's Physically Impossible For Two Women To Have Sex With Each Other 

You are a ridiculous person or a troll.

Archived