Suggestion on how to price Chem sets

Pyroman

I had this one idea, since these sets have different recipes for every item. Meh, some people may think it's rather stupid and inaccurate but...

I thought chem sets should be priced using a forumla:

Strange Misc's price - (total mid-price of the recipe) = Chem set's price

Fuck that I just realised that wouldn't work (item's value in unique quality is not taken into account, and there could be strange genuines, and uncrafts)

I think now it'd just be a good idea to set prices on the strangifiers (until brad can fix them), since those can be actually given a price based on sales. Then Chem sets should be valued like:

Strangifier's price - (total mid-price of the recipe) = Chem set's price

Again, there should be a minimum cap (~scrap)

I know this way it'd be possible to make the sets have a negative value (given the fact that rare botkillers/SFs can be used as ingedients), so there should be a min cap on the set's value (scrap?).

This might be a much better idea than making separate suggestions for each of the sets (there are thuosands of different possibilites, making suggestions for each is just absurd and time consuming for both the mods and users). And as such they wouldn't be listed on the normal pricelist with an specific value (instead users should be able to input the recipe on a separate page - if it can be coded- to get the value as an output).

As for the Strangifiers, they could actually get a set value, since there's not really much of difference between them except for the item they can be used on (now Brad's got to see how double qualities and stuff like that works in the schema).

What do you guys think?

I had this one idea, since these sets have different recipes for every item. Meh, some people may think it's rather stupid and inaccurate but...

I thought chem sets should be priced using a forumla:

Strange Misc's price - (total mid-price of the recipe) = Chem set's price

I know this way it'd be possible to make the sets have a negative value (given the fact that rare botkillers/SFs can be used as ingedients), so there should be a min cap on the set's value (scrap?).

This might be a much better idea than making separate suggestions for each of the sets (there are thuosands of different possibilites, making suggestions for each is just absurd and time consuming for both the mods and users). And as such they wouldn't be listed on the normal pricelist with an specific value (instead users should be able to input the recipe on a separate page - if it can be coded- to get the value as an output).

As for the Strangifiers, they could actually get a set value, since there's not really much of difference between them except for the item they can be used on (now Brad's got to see how double qualities and stuff like that works in the schema).

What do you guys think?

Or just don't price chem sets. Just price the strangifiers/strangified items. 

Or just don't price chem sets. Just price the strangifiers/strangified items. 

Think about hoarders (e.g. the one guy spamming on my shades suggestion), their bps would be undervalued.

Think about hoarders (e.g. the one guy spamming on my shades suggestion), their bps would be undervalued.

And people with 1/1 unusuals got a HUGELY undervalued bp as well because no price set. If you really care about the value of your bp on bp.tf, you are like me and need a life

And people with 1/1 unusuals got a HUGELY undervalued bp as well because no price set. If you really care about the value of your bp on bp.tf, you are like me and need a life

I went into a slight depression after

well, this

4gKow.png

My suggestion would be 50% of the strange output + price of random strange = chemset price.

what if the random strange was an sf scatter?

exactly.  it wouldn't make sense for the price of the strange to be factored in that way, since highly priced stranges would cause the set to lose value.  Since no one is willing to craft a SF Scatter, no one is going to use the set and so no one will want to buy it.

I say leave them unpriced.  There is far too much variability and the current algorithms we have (Vintage rare levels, Bill's paint prices, etc.) have shown that they aren't reliable.

exactly.  it wouldn't make sense for the price of the strange to be factored in that way, since highly priced stranges would cause the set to lose value.  Since no one is willing to craft a SF Scatter, no one is going to use the set and so no one will want to buy it.

I say leave them unpriced.  There is far too much variability and the current algorithms we have (Vintage rare levels, Bill's paint prices, etc.) have shown that they aren't reliable.

This. Also think many chemsets have different inputs yet the same output which may change it's value if priced.

Archived