Make it easier to spot duped items

Trollerai

At the moment the best way to find if a item is duped or not is to click on the item and check its history, this is useful when you are just checking single items but when you are buying high value in bulk (Unusuals max's and buds), Checking each one can be a drag.

So a simple yet useful feature could be put in which would make checking over items for a duped status more simple and pain free.

Instead of having to click onto the item's history to check, display it strait away in two areas on the site.

Show them on the classifieds

Show them in their backpacks

To do this all that would be needed could be a change of the items border, (for example highlight the border for duped items and normal for non-duped items)

An example could be like this. The lime green border represents a duped item

g0ckc1N.png?1

Another way is to Tint the background a visible color that is current not a background color for any quality.

like as it shows price, craft number and paint, Have one that displays if it it duped, and example could be just the letter "D" to mean duped item.

Its a simple idea that could benefit a lot of people.

Nobody gives a shit about dupes, people only say they do to buy for less

False. Every time I have had a duped hat it was been much more difficult to sell. The exception is hats lower than like 3 buds.

False. Every time I have had a duped hat it was been much more difficult to sell. The exception is hats lower than like 3 buds.

Yeah, maybe you're right about high tier unusuals. Since my bp value is barely 3 buds, I have no experience with those. But for cancer-okay unusuals nobody really cares

You were just unlucky, i've sold plenty of duped hats just as quickly as non-duped ones. 

Yeah, maybe you're right about high tier unusuals. Since my bp value is barely 3 buds, I have no experience with those. But for cancer-okay unusuals nobody really cares

Duped only matters 10+ bud unusuals. 

Most people dont care and I think this will only do more damage to dupes

I agree with this. It would be nice to see it easily, but I hate catering to lazy ppl as well. Maybe if it was really easy to check then ppl would care more. I doubt it though.

I think most use it as ammunition for getting it cheaper, but everyone knows that clean hats get higher prices than dupes.

I agree with this. It would be nice to see it easily, but I hate catering to lazy people as well. Maybe if it was really easy to check then people would care more. I doubt it though.

my main intention of adding it is for people who are dealing with high value items and trading for possible dupes in bulk like selling a unusual for 10 buds, No one would enjoy having to check over each item they offer.

Not to mention that People I've seen have had a massive thing against duped max's severed heads so this would come in handy again

its just that i see many of dupes ones are showned 'traded'

I believe everything that is traded as origin is duped but in some cases the original one is lost/deleted or in a private backpack so it isnt noticed as being the duped version 

Archived