Computer freezes

AwesomeMcCoolName

So, i'm pretty sure one of my computers ram modules is fucked up (either that or the mb). My computer randomly freezes while playing games (under load?). I ran Windows diagnostics (with both sticks, and with each stick in each slot separately), and each time it froze except for once. So i'm assuming its an issue with the mb since its unlikely that both sticks of ram are messed up. 

I also, ran memtest86+ on both sticks together, and both sticks individually, and my computer just randomly shutdown in the middle.....So, really not sure whats wrong, but i'm assuming its the mb since the likelyhood that both modules are messed up is just not very high. 

Any other opinions/ideas? (i do NOT have another computer i could test the ram with, nor do i ram that i could test my computer with). 

My Macbook has sometimes this issue as well. 

Steam + TF2 is a RAM-destroying combination for me.

Haha, macs don't do gaming particularly well :P

Update: 

Finished running Memtest86+ with one module at a time, and with both modules, and everything checks out. So, the issue must be with the mobo or psu, unfortunately i don't know of any way to test either (and its a laptop so i can't touch the psu/mobo hardware either).

if you can, change the ram to another working module, then you know if its the mb thats fucked up or the sticks.

also try to clean the fans and the rest of the computer with compressed air. laptops often shut off due to heat issues

if you can, change the ram to another working module, then you know if its the mb thats fucked up or the sticks.

also try to clean the fans and the rest of the computer with compressed air. laptops often shut off due to heat issues

I've ran multiple tests on the Ram, so i'm pretty sure thats not the issue. And i cleaned out the computer a bit earlier, so i'll see how that works. 

Update: 

Just ran BurnIn (stress test) and my computer froze* part way through, the temps atm: 

TZ00: 27c

Core#0: 77c

Core#1: 78c

Core#2: 78c

Core#3: 82c

Voltage: 53.51v 

GT435m: 64c, .83v

The specific tests: "Maximum Cpu Temp" and "Cpu Coverage" 

So, i'm assuming somethings up with the cpu. 

You know whats depressing?

Sometimes my mbp gets hotter than your cpu did under a stress test when it has nothing but chrome running.

yea....mbps do that, especially 2007-2008 mbp.

yea....mbps do that, especially 2007-2008 mbp.

2011 though. 

Very, very depressing. Im currently running a laptop cooler with a 200mm cooler and im still 80 celcius as of now, with literally nothing but my homework open.

On the other hand, I think my computer spiked at 75 celcius when I was playing Monaco. So... this makes no sense.

2011 though. 

Very, very depressing. Im currently running a laptop cooler with a 200mm cooler and im still 80 celcius as of now, with literally nothing but my homework open.

On the other hand, I think my computer spiked at 75 celcius when I was playing Monaco. So... this makes no sense.

I know exactly what you mean. Mbp 2010 here.

I'm gonna reboot my computer one day and erase everything but the system itself. Gonna see if it helps. One day...

I know exactly what you mean. Mbp 2010 here.

I'm gonna reboot my computer one day and erase everything but the system itself. Gonna see if it helps. One day...

It won't, macs are just notorious for running hot. 

Update: 

Just ran BurnIn (stress test) and my computer froze* part way through, the temps atm: 

TZ00: 27c

Core#0: 77c

Core#1: 78c

Core#2: 78c

Core#3: 82c

Voltage: 53.51v 

GT435m: 64c, .83v

The specific tests: "Maximum Cpu Temp" and "Cpu Coverage" 

So, i'm assuming somethings up with the cpu. 

i dont know when they auto shut off on laptops, but most stationary computers shut of at between 95-105c.

so you may have the temperature failure. if you have a table fan, blow it directly into the fan holes while running the test. then the temperature should drop, and if the test finishes 2 or 3 times. then you've found the issue

i dont know when they auto shut off on laptops, but most stationary computers shut of at between 95-105c.

so you may have the temperature failure. if you have a table fan, blow it directly into the fan holes while running the test. then the temperature should drop, and if the test finishes 2 or 3 times. then you've found the issue

Almost positive its the mobo as now it won't even load the bios.

Archived