5-6 ref or 0.8-1 keys. Which do you prefer?

polar

5-6 ref or 0.8-1 key - which do you prefer?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which range do you prefer on a hat that is sold equally at 5 ref and 1 key?

• 5-6 ref
    • 5-5.88 ref
    • 0.8-1 key
    • 0.83-1 key

My opinion is that 5-6 ref is easy to understand to everyone. You know exactly what either end means. Making a range of 0.8-1 key creates confusion / ambiguity about exactly what 0.8 keys means. 

Please give your opinions and rationale for your choice. I'd like to hear em. 

the rule of thumb in the past has been which currency is traded more often.  I submitted a bunch of 0.9-1 key suggestions because the items had historically followed the rise of keys (tuxxy, gen awp, el jefe)

el jefe

Did grimdercell counterprove that?

Anyway, 0.8-1 key looks much neater, most people (except #savetehkeyz and some autposters) pretty much agree a key is 6 ref, rounding 0.8 to ~4.88 ref

the rule of thumb in the past has been which currency is traded more often.  I submitted a bunch of 0.9-1 key suggestions because the items had historically followed the rise of keys (tuxxy, gen awp, el jefe)

Of course. But the whole point of this vote was what to do when the sales are about even because I am noticing quite a few of those.

Hmmm to me if it's price has deviated that much from the key it probably isnt worth letting it rise/fall along with the key :)

Probably the ref is the option to go in my opinion

Did grimdercell counterprove that?

no, grimdercell just complained.  shenanigans closed it for a reason I disagreed with, then puddington accepted it a week later.

Of course. But the whole point of this vote was what to do when the sales are about even because I am noticing quite a few of those.

If that were the case, I'd prefer refined.

What Jymotion said, and if you don't know what 0.8-1 key is in ref, that means you have no basic math skills, which means you shouldn't be playing the game.

Hmmm but that's 0.9 keys which is somewhat similar to 1 key as with the more popular items there are a lot of sellers at 1 key so some may elect to sell a little less to stand out from the group and sell their items creating the 0.9 key.

But 0.8 keys is too much of a deviation for me to say it should be still price in keys :S

I know why you are asking this.

Keep craftable and uncraftable in same currency in the situation where there is a big relation between them (-last breath). That's my opinion.

Thanks everyone for the input. Just to be clear, this is not a policy or anything implemented. As has been mentioned in this thread, if a suggestion is accurate, I won't close it if the only issue is currency. The only situation where this matters (at least to me) is when there is an inaccurate suggestion. I will then say, "feel free to resuggest at 5-6 ref" or "0.8-1 key" depending on the situation. It seems like 5-6 ref works best in most such situations for a lot of the reasons mentioned above. Thanks!

Archived