Anyone else still getting redirects to spam sites from the forums?

Pie Creepin Round Here

So I was trying to find a thread today I remembered reading a while back about which "twin" unusual effects were the best, and when I clicked on a forum link through google it redirected me to an adult friend finder page. Now as much as I need some more romance in my life, having backpack.tf forum links though google bring up said nsfw adult friend finder pages can be awkward, not to mention that they're probably rife with malware. 

The weird thing is, I can't consistently reproduce the issue, and I remember brad posting a while back saying that he had it fixed. Has anyone else been having this issue at all recently?

i clicked that imgur link and was redirected to naughtyorsweet dot com

i see what you mean

You probably had the same problem I had a while back

It's most likely a virus directing you to those sites. Run Malwarebytes or something

Yeah. It's only through the steam client however when I'm in game, and I click on forums.backpack.tf through google, not through backpack.tf

It doesn't open Friend finder through my chrome though, I'd assume because of ad block,

It's most likely a virus directing you to those sites. Run Malwarebytes or something

It's obviously not a virus if you had read the posts pertaining to this thread. It's only from google to threads in these forums, no viruses involved.

You probably had the same problem I had a while back

We don't have a virus, the forum does.

It's obviously not a virus if you had read the posts pertaining to this thread. It's only from google to threads in these forums, no viruses involved.

I didn't read all the posts? Well, I did, and I posted what I did because I was in a very similar situation a couple months back

Either way, you can never run too many Malwarebytes tests

Archived