Adolf Hitler still one of the greatest leaders of our time?

Ersin

Hitler has always been hated for his cruelty, and massacre of the jews and the idea of being the higher race with his teaching of Facism, but does it mean that he's also bad leader?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt Hitler resurrect the German economy from ww1 and the crippling depression into a powerhouse.

Didnt Hitler resurrect the German economy from ww1 and the crippling depression into a powerhouse.

Eh, the European economy was on an upward trend in the thirties anyway, many would argue Hitler just 'rode the wave', as it were.

I dunno, to get THAT many people to buy into something THAT stupid, you've gotta be doing something right... just the thing he was right on was the political spectrum, ayy

He was a strong leader, no doubt. He just drove the country and its people in the wrong direction.

Eh, the European economy was on an upward trend in the thirties anyway, many would argue Hitler just 'rode the wave', as it were.

I dunno, to get THAT many people to buy into something THAT stupid, you've gotta be doing something right... just the thing he was right on was the political spectrum, ayy

Im pretty sure the allies imposed heavy economic sanctions/fines as well as taking significant land from Germany as well as colonies. Also i vaguely remember the politicians before Hitler decided to make more money which in tern devalued money in Germany to the point where peoples savings where completely destroyed.

Gustav Stresemann / Hjalmar Schacht did that.

I don't think anyone (anyone intelligent anyway) would question his ability to lead. He proved that he was an amazing leader...just not a very ethical one, and not one who put the populous above his own personal goals. 

I don't think anyone (anyone intelligent anyway) would question his ability to lead. He proved that he was an amazing leader...just not a very ethical one, and not one who put the populous above his own personal goals. 

The majority of his major decisions came from spur of the moment incentives, he was excellent at planning out short term objectives however the administration of Germany under Hitler was atrocious. The Civil Service was in shambles and Hitler's military capabilities were practically zero (one of the reasons why he was not assassinated).

First no smoking march

Inflatable sex doll

Vegan

Hitler wasn't actually a Vegan, that's an urban myth. He also didn't have one ball.

QI teaches me so many interesting things~

Still makes for a good laugh.

Is the song he used the theme for the bridge on the river kawaii?

No, all of the reasons people in this thread have stated are correct, but he killed off hundreds of thousands of citizens from his own country and lead his country to fight a losing war and freely burn buildings that had done nothing wrong. I don't care if you are excluding the holocaust, he LEAD people to do this sort of thing. Unacceptable.

-snip- he LEAD people to do this sort of thing...

That's the point. I doubt anybody could make their way into the White House or anywhere and convince the whole of the U.S., or a whole race in the U.S., to do such terrible things to innocent people simply because they weren't what he/she considered worthy of being human. I know some people have done it, but never gotten the same effect that Hitler did. He lead an entire country. Not a small group of brainwashed idiots.

That takes 1337 Skillz.

The Allies of World War I forced Germany to pay for all damages in World War I, so yeah, they were in a pretty bad economic standpoint.

Hitler was OK i guess.

He was a great leader but the ways he went about doing things were cruel.

The Allies of World War I forced Germany to pay for all damages in World War I, so yeah, they were in a pretty bad economic standpoint.

Yeah, that was 15 years before. The majority of repayments had been made before Hitler came to power. It's definitely contestable that Hitler caused Germany economic upturn.

But that's neither here nor there.

Archived