Segregation Part II?

rxgHyperion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg58d8opQKA

I understand that this video is supposed to be funny and shit, but there were too many political pokes to maintain its humor.

After watching the video a second time, I realized that it showed basically what pre-civil rights USA looked like. Except black.

Does the liberal media want to put the blacks above the whites and plunge the states back into segregation?

With all of this anti-white sentiment in the media, it appears that way to me. 

Things like affirmative action and "diversity" are commonplace and widely encouraged in America. These things often prevent whites from receiving the same treatment as minorities in certain situations.

Many of the people at my high school are very liberal, and support these things, as well as promoting the idea that police are dangerous and that it is a bad thing to be privileged in any way.

Why arent schools and businesses race-blind and need-blind? 

Instead of accepting people based on what they are or how much money they make, why not accept people based on merit and aptitude?

What has happened to this country that has caused such backwards thinking?

We need inequal opportunity so that things will be equal. /s

Denying someone something because of the color of their skin is racism, no matter what color they are. Therefore affirmative action is racist.

I believe that (for jobs, college entrance, etc.) people should be accepted based on who has the best qualifications and achievements (which actually matter), not the color of their skin (which doesn't matter).

Affirmative action implies that color of the skin DOES matter, it actually doesn't. Having a certain skin color should not make you more qualified for a job.

Check this story out: http://nypost.com/2015/04/05/mindy-kalings-brother-pretended-to-be-black-to-get-into-med-school/

You really think putting light on the fact that minorities are still being treated really fucking poorly is anti-white?

You really think putting light on the fact that minorities are still being treated really fucking poorly is anti-white?

For the most part, in the states, minorities are treated the same, and legally, they are treated the same. However, minorities get affirmative action, which makes them priority over whites when applying for schools, colleges, and jobs. Compensation/reparations for past atrocities are unnecessary. The statute of limitations for slavery and for segregation is long gone. Affirmative action is literally choosing one race over another, which is racism. 

However, minorities get affirmative action, which makes them priority over whites when applying for schools, colleges, and jobs.

Depends which minorities. Asians get un-affirmative action. http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html#page=1

As a Canadian with Asian parents, I don't like it at all how I have to do a lot better than a person with African descent to get into the same school.

>Liberal Media.

Calling the media is quite an overstatement. In fact, most of the mainstream media (especially news channels) are either centralist (CNN) or conservative-leaning (Formely MSNBC, Currently Fox News) in the United States.

> All of this "anti-white" propaganda.

It isn't anti-white propaganda or bias. The fact that police brutality (which is more of a socioeconomic issue) is driven towards these people, forms of institutionalized racism still exists after the Civil Rights era, and the media seems to shame African-Americans more than any other race (example: Baltimore Riot of 2015 (blacks) vs. Baltimore Ravens Win (whites)) in this country. Despite of progression for the African-Americans, it has always been "give them as little as they want, so they can shut up about it" and continue on. Hell, even when Martin Luther King was fighting for rights back in the 60's, the head of the FBI even told him to stop and even commit suicide or he was going to leak about his personal love affairs. I live in the South and I still hear the racism that continues today, because apparently--white people deserves respect and everyone else needs to bow down to them.

Hate to be blunt, but I know it from first-hand experience.

Here's two videos for you:

- White Terrorist trying to bomb an Islamic Center on RT: (She puts a "food for thought" point-of-view.)

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_n4tndplUpv1rp5tkx.mp4#_=_

- Thom Hartmann dealing with a caller saying Liberals are still fighting against the Civil War:

For the most part, in the states, minorities are treated the same, and legally, they are treated the same. However, minorities get affirmative action, which makes them priority over whites when applying for schools, colleges, and jobs. Compensation/reparations for past atrocities are unnecessary. The statute of limitations for slavery and for segregation is long gone. Affirmative action is literally choosing one race over another, which is racism. 

Just the fact that you have to add in "For the most part" should be a pretty clear indicator that something is not how it should be, don't you think?

Affirmative action is not about choosing one race over another, it is about trying to adjust the racial inequality that exists, and it is clearly not even close to enough taking for example the differences in employment rates into account. 

That slavery by any legal means are long gone doesn't also change the fact that the UN has estimated there to be about 60.000 slaves in USA today. 

No law or act can change people's feelings about race. If someone doesn't like black people, affirmative action is not going to change that.

Instead of simply trying to force equality, which creates its own inequality, we should work to educate people, and try to actually reduce racism.

Most people nowadays aren't racist, the bulk of the work was done by antisegregation, as blacks joined society, white people began to accept them. Now what we need is simply to allow the racial divide to heal. People like Al Sharpton aren't helping anything when they go make speeches telling black people why not to trust the white man, and black people aren't helping when they riot when someone who committed a crime happened to be killed by cops.

In order for race relations to improve, PEOPLE must improve. Not laws. Sadly, I think much of the perpetuated racist tendencies are held by blacks, and not whites. White people in power have bent over hand and foot to attempt to show them their willingness to let the past be just that, but the black population definitely holds a stigma against whites. 

• Administrators

No law or act can change people's feelings about race. If someone doesn't like black people, affirmative action is not going to change that.

Instead of simply trying to force equality, which creates its own inequality, we should work to educate people, and try to actually reduce racism.

In order for race relations to improve, PEOPLE must improve. Not laws. Sadly, I think much of the perpetuated racist tendencies are held by blacks, and not whites. White people in power have bent over hand and foot to attempt to show them their willingness to let the past be just that, but the black population definitely holds a stigma against whites. 

This isn't about people's feelings, this is about systemic bias against people who are not white. Please don't comment on tihngs you don't understand, try doing some reading on the subject of systemic and institutional racism first. You speak about educating people but have not educated yourself.

...Actually, it does leave that stigma and your point is the same bullshit excuse that gets spinned-off on Fox News and on far-right websites.

I mean, the idiots at Fox News clearly did it during the breaking news segment of the Baltimore Riots: http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/shep-smith-shuts-down-idiots-five-during/

Depends which minorities. Asians get un-affirmative action. http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html#page=1

As a Canadian with Asian parents, I don't like it at all how I have to do a lot better than a person with African descent to get into the same school.

Do you live inside or outside BC?

>Liberal Media.

Calling the media is quite an overstatement. In fact, most of the mainstream media (especially news channels) are either centralist (CNN) or conservative-leaning (Formely MSNBC, Currently Fox News) in the United States.

CNN is by no means centrist.

They are probably the most liberal media out there.

> All of this "anti-white" propaganda.

It isn't anti-white propaganda or bias. The fact that police brutality (which is more of a socioeconomic issue) is driven towards these people, forms of institutionalized racism still exists after the Civil Rights era, and the media seems to shame African-Americans more than any other race (example: Baltimore Riot of 2015 (blacks) vs. Baltimore Ravens Win (whites)) in this country. Despite of progression for the African-Americans, it has always been "give them as little as they want, so they can shut up about it" and continue on. Hell, even when Martin Luther King was fighting for rights back in the 60's, the head of the FBI even told him to stop and even commit suicide or he was going to leak about his personal love affairs. I live in the South and I still hear the racism that continues today, because apparently--white people deserves respect and everyone else needs to bow down to them.

Institutionalized racism toward blacks is dead. Blacks are receiving systemically better opportunities than whites, but still demand more, and blame whites for the fact that many blacks in America are unemployed and impoverished. Without any actual basis. The fact of the matter is that the rich and the whites have been supporting the black communities for decades, and they have been forced to do so or else be branded as racist. The blacks are pulling America down, and they are allowed too much leeway in society. People shouldnt be treated differently because of their race, likewise, just because a white man kills a black man doesnt make him racist. 

As for your comment about whites wanting everyone to bow down to them...you are basing this statement only off of personal experience, and as a white person, it offends me that you see whites as some sort of self-absorbed monsters. I want to be treated the same way as a black person when I apply for college or a job, because right now, I, as a white person, have less chance of getting into a college than a black person with the same or slightly lower credentials. am being systematically oppressed. We need to stop pampering the blacks and allow them to be self-sufficient, so that they can stop being financially dependent on the whites, the government, and on affirmative action. Cut off the blacks from unfair treatment and they will become a great community. Keep telling them lies about the mysterious white overlords and they will only keep hating and burning and looting and they will tear this country apart. 

CNN is by no means centrist.

They are probably the most liberal media out there.

They're pretty center. They try to provoke a "neutral" or "50/50" matter on almost every single thing. If you want to call anything liberal, call MSNBC, but at least they admit to it.

If CNN was liberal, then MSNBC would have to be considered a communist channel. (Except Morning Joe, because that's a right-wing paradise right there.)

Fox News, at this level, would probably be considered an actual conservative channel. (In actuality, they're giving Alex Jones a run for his fringe-driven bullshit.)

Institutionalized racism toward blacks is dead. Blacks are receiving systemically better opportunities than whites, but still demand more [...]

6e9.png

As a person who just did a hate crimes paper a few weeks ago and actually got praised by my sociology professor, I can read the first few sentences and conclude you're either highly ignorant on the matter or you're a racist.

Have you read any fucking articles about the outcome of the Michael Brown and the City of Ferguson investigations? What about the Baltimore Riots? What about Eric Garner that got choked to death by the NYPD? What about Tamir Rice that was gunned down within' three seconds of the cops pulling up to him and telling the family to drop the investigation, despite of it being several months with no answers? What about the mentally deranged African-American kid that was gunned down in the back by the LAPD? Police making racial slurs and jokes about black people, including the President of the United States. 

There is still institutionalized racism within many parts of America (many of which is still thriving to this day), but it is so under reported that we think it's "dead." You're only hearing about them now, because the police state matter is being exposed with new cell phone technology. If you thought racism died back in the 60's and 70's, then you're sadly mistaken. It was shoved underneath the rug to hide the ugly truth. If Martin Luther King was still alive to this day, it would either be a whole new world or he would be highly disappointed with what's going on right now.

Hell, don't even start me with Baltimore. The viral clip with Step Smith points out where these people would get arrested for no fucking reason at all, while stopping The Five panel of demanding people to answer for the looters. (Which they were speculating reasons during a Breaking News segment...) These people being arrested and having evidence planted onto them. This hasn't being going on for a short amount of time--it has been going on for years and decades. It has been covered up.

Hell, even journalists were crowded into a small jail cell (if they were arrested) and tiny "media pens" (if they wanted to cover during curfew hours) throughout the whole time covering Baltimore. 

If you want examples of recent institutionalized racism, then lets provide the defintion of it:

[WIKIPEDIA] Institutional racism is any system of inequality based on race. It can occur in institutions such as public government bodies, private business corporations (such as media outlets), and universities (public and private).

Public Government Bodies - Ferguson Police Department

Private Business Corporations - Mainstream Media of how they'll give white people a pass, because they're rioting over a sport's team, but shaming protesters (mainly black) for "rioting."

Universities - Oklahoma State's Fraternity that chanted a racist chant about how "black people aren't allowed in their frat and considered scum." (Paraphrasing.)

You say it's dead. It's not dead. It still thrives and this is within' the last year. All of my sources and links will be below of what I mentioned above.

Sources:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/03/05/the-ferguson-emails-show-how-little-race-and-racism-have-changed-in-the-obama-era/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/04/03/these-are-the-racist-e-mails-that-got-3-ferguson-police-and-court-officials-fired/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/03/04/the-seven-racist-e-mails-the-justice-department-highlighted-in-its-report-on-ferguson-police/

https://news.vice.com/article/doj-expected-to-clear-darren-wilson-but-charge-ferguson-police-with-racial-bias

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/03/cops-autistic-black-man-awarded-nearly-2-million-dollars-each/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/tamir-rice-investigation-_n_7210180.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/omer-aziz/the-system-didnt-fail-eri_b_6305172.html

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/02/my-49-hours-in-a-baltimore-cell-for-being-a-reporter

(I can give you more, if you need to.)

As for your comment about whites wanting everyone to bow down to them...you are basing this statement only off of personal experience, and as a white person, it offends me that you see whites as some sort of self-absorbed monsters. I want to be treated the same way as a black person when I apply for college or a job, because right now, I, as a white person, have less chance of getting into a college than a black person with the same or slightly lower credentials. am being systematically oppressed. We need to stop pampering the blacks and allow them to be self-sufficient, so that they can stop being financially dependent on the whites, the government, and on affirmative action. Cut off the blacks from unfair treatment and they will become a great community. Keep telling them lies about the mysterious white overlords and they will only keep hating and burning and looting and they will tear this country apart. 

Actually, I'm not. I'm half-white, half-Native Hawaiian. I look mainly white, so many believes that I'm actually white. So, I hear the comments and remarks. I even tell my own mother to stop it, because she does it too. Personal experience is reality. You're going to tell me that my personal experience of hearing racism in my community is irrelevant? Hell, go on any KKK or Neo-Nazi website. They gladly strut their "white pride" around.

And I don't care if you're offended, you spilled a ton of propaganda and misinformation about African-Americans in this thread and basing around stereotypes. Stereotypes that will get you labelled as a racist. In fact, you're the one that has incited this argument and discussion. So, if you can't handle the heat, then you need to get out of the kitchen. Don't pull the "offended" card, when you can't even consider the amount of misinformation you said all over this thread and don't have any sources to back your evidence up, unless you're relying heavily off of right-wing talking points that I can smell from a mile away.

About college, read the court cases mentioned here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_v._University_of_Texas#Opinions_of_the_Court (The main one and the two that it eludes to.)

...and if you think they hate you guys, because of some make-believe white overlord, then I would advise you to get off of the fringe websites. I'm not responding to your other points, because they either derive from right-wing talking points or fringe websites that has no credibility at all with their racial-biased evidence and propaganda. You're being told it is Blacks vs. Whites, when it is really about treating everyone equal.

Archived