"Cancer" in Lotto

--CGA-- B-Rabbit

So hey,

Obviously I'm not a frequent poster, as this is my first post here. So anyways;

I think it's a sort of a problem for "Cancer" unusuals to be placed in the BP Lotto. I'm not sure of any ways to prevent this, but this allows players to have a really cheap unusual, usually worth almost next to nothing, and win many times more than it was worth because it gives them an unfairly high chance. I, myself, had placed one in once as a "Man, just hoping this will be won by someone else, as I don't really care for this anymore", and accidentally won a lotto that ended up placing a decent amount in my backpack. 

So yeah. Some way to get this problem sorted. I'm not a programmer or anything, so I don't know any of how it could work. 

-Rabbit

It's the lotto. People with 0.5% chances have won tons of amounts in unusuals compared to someone with 90%.

WHat i read from this was

"People who put in a cancer unusual shouldn't get higher tier items because they're cancer"

You're kidding, right?

They're risking something worth 30$ and they have a less of a chance to win than someone putting in 100$. But they still won.

What I also read from this was a boohoo, but you're not boohooing because you lost something, you're saying it's unfair for those who put in next to nothing to win, when the odds are swayed to the ones who put the entire pot in.

Don't want to lose your items? Don't bet. Simple.

I'm saying this from experience of the guy who HAS the cancer unusual. 

I'm not saying that they shouldn't get higher tier items, I'm saying that there should be some way for it to be a reduced value or something. Obviously a cancer unusual isn't going to be nearly what it's worth on the market, which is what the Lotto bases their price on. 

I'm not complaining at all about betting, either. I know there are "rags to riches" and "riches to rags", depending on how much you bet and how much comes out. I'm not complaining about any of that. Just that these lower-priced items are getting higher percentages of winning than other items that would be their price.

I'm saying this from experience of the guy who HAS the cancer unusual. 

I'm not saying that they shouldn't get higher tier items, I'm saying that there should be some way for it to be a reduced value or something. Obviously a cancer unusual isn't going to be nearly what it's worth on the market, which is what the Lotto bases their price on. 

I'm not complaining at all about betting, either. I know there are "rags to riches" and "riches to rags", depending on how much you bet and how much comes out. I'm not complaining about any of that. Just that these lower-priced items are getting higher percentages of winning than other items that would be their price.

Low Tier (cancer) unusuals are what are generally sold at going SCM rates. Lotto depends only on the scm value and doesn't factor in the effect on the hat. It's the people betting anything but the cheapest versions of hats that are getting screwed (probably because they don't understand how the valuation works)

Archived