What's with the uncraftables rising up in price?

ste113rjay

Every day there are fewer ucs on the market. So, because of that, it becomes harder and harder to get. Smaller supply, same demand=price increase.

The issue is not that they are rare.  Take the Uncraft Cow Manglers for example.  People on outpost tried to market them as "rare" and so were getting offers above 0.66.  However, there were 21,000+ uncraft Manglers out there.

They have risen because there are so few on outpost.  People had/have the understanding that dirty weapons are worthless and so they didn't bother even posting a trade with them.  Since there were so few on outpost, people were fooled into the illusion that they are rare.

If the market acts normally, this will be how it goes:  People think they are worthless, only a few on outpost.  Buyers think they are rare, pay a decent amount for them.  People check pricelists, see that their dirty weapons are "worth" a decent amount, put them on outpost and the market gets flooded with dirty weapons.  This completely eliminates the market for them.  They go back to being worthless.

Whether or not that will happen quickly or happen at all, we shall see.

Honstly, a lot of them were just badly priced to begin with. Backpack.tf just got flooded with 0.33-0.66 ref suggestions when uncrafts were introduced and providing proof of price wasn't as big a deal at that point. I expect it's quite a bit less of uncraft rising and more this is the first time they're really getting accurately priced to begin with.

But then, I speak as a guy who doesn't touch uncrafts on principle. I could be completely wrong.

Well most uncrafts are the same as a craftable weapon (mayb less since people dont necessarily want them), But there are some [the rarer ones] that people either never really bought or never put up for sale after buying. 

I love my uncrafts and so do a lot of other people for various reasons.

The cow mangler is an example where a lot exist, it is not limited (still obtainable), but demand by uncraftable collectors is higher than supply.

Those that do not care but value them less across-the-board have a substitute, the craftable version. They would either not want them at all and then don't have any say in the price whatsoever or just want them as a cheaper version.

If those that actually prefer uncraftable have more demand by themselves than supply can accommodate for all, they alone set the price and not those that don't care (or even avoid them).

That's why some uncraftables are priced higher than the craftable version and some are still priced less.

The former have low supply and the price is determined by collectors only, the latter more supply than uncraftable collectors demand and the price is largely determined by those that don't care but would take it as a cheaper substitute for the craftable.

I dunno. Gold is raising price on all of them almost.

But only for those limited hats/miscs that are hard to find but sought after by collectors like me.

Honstly, a lot of them were just badly priced to begin with. Backpack.tf just got flooded with 0.33-0.66 ref suggestions when uncrafts were introduced and providing proof of price wasn't as big a deal at that point. I expect it's quite a bit less of uncraft rising and more this is the first time they're really getting accurately priced to begin with.

But then, I speak as a guy who doesn't touch uncrafts on principle. I could be completely wrong.

I'm admin party because I spammed uncraftables

Archived