Did I fuck up?

DIEgo

So I posted an unusual on tf2outpost for 9 keys, pretty quickly I got added by a random guy, I checked his time on the game to make sure he wasn't a phisher or a alt of a scammer. He has 1,3k hours so I accepted the add, he offered me a bud and 4 keys and I took them.

Now I added the buds to outpost and as I was checking the history, I saw he was banned cuz he's an alt of a scammer (scammed at a spycrab)

My question is this: is trading with marked scammers forbbiden or just buying items from them? and will I get in trouble for selling him my hat? (even tho he scammed at a spycrab only, and for 2 ref XD)

Ty in advance!

you're probably going to get a 2 week ban from outpost, as it's your first (and hopefully last) time trading with a scammer

you're probably going to get a 2 week ban from outpost, as it's your first (and hopefully last) time trading with a scammer

Isn't there any kind of exceptions? I mean he scammed 2 ref on a spycrab, and he's not marked yet, the report hasn't passed yet.

Isn't there any kind of exceptions? I mean he scammed 2 ref on a spycrab, and he's not marked yet, the report hasn't passed yet.

A scammers a scammer, no matter how small the trade you need to do prior background checks. Thankfully outpost is gracious enough to provide a two week warning, Just learn from your mistakes.

nope, he's a very known scammer alt, i've reported a lot of people who traded with him.

basically, you can't do anything about it.

and rip

Welp, toughsox added me. I inmediately declared myself guilty and took the ban like a man/child (I agreed that It was my responsability and accepted the bad without arguing, but I was screaming AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHH I DON'T WANT TO GET BAN D; irl).

GG see you in 2 weeks.

nope, he's a very known scammer alt, i've reported a lot of people who traded with him.

basically, you can't do anything about it.

and rip

Lol you beated me on the report, was self-reporting when I got added by toughsox. Well, the ending would have been the same.

Truth here is, eventually, that item would have shown up somewhere. We get reports months after a trade that we investigate so..... whether it got reported now or later, eventually it would have. And yep, Diego took it like a man...... standing up.   B)

Archived