Question about a Death at dusk Tartan Tyro

eggbot

Yes , it was just priced at 40-44 keys

( with valid proof )

But how can it be?

Thats what c9 is priced at as well ,and I doubt death at dusk will be priced so low

Idk how its possible , but this seems like this unusual is mispriced

Any coments will be appreciated

Fully opinionated. As I stated, if it sells low, it's low. Nothing anyone can do about it.

But if a burning TC sells for 40 keys 4 times , will it be priced at 40?

Yes.

But if a burning TC sells for 40 keys 4 times , will it be priced at 40?

Even if it did , that probably wouldn't get accepted considering how many people will easily pay 40 keys for it. Those 4 sales are probably all outliers if it actually happened and wouldn't be considered "real sales". If people are willing to pay 1000 keys easily for it. Someone could just sell their TC to 4 alts for 40 keys each time and drop it like that.

Even if it did , that probably wouldn't get accepted considering how many people will easily pay 40 keys for it. Those 4 sales are probably all outliers if it actually happened and wouldn't be considered "real sales". If people are willing to pay 1000 keys easily for it. Someone could just sell their TC to 4 alts for 40 keys each time and drop it like that.

If they are the only sales, then they are still valid. But we're getting off topic.

If they are the only sales, then they are still valid. But we're getting off topic.

It also depends on effect tiers too. May be only sale but if Scorching goes for  900 keys , and lowest tier for example nuts and bolts goes for 100 keys. It's really unreasonable to price it at that much but I don't  do unusual suggestions so idk.

It also depends on effect tiers too. May be only sale but if Scorching goes for  900 keys , and lowest tier for example nuts and bolts goes for 100 keys. It's really unreasonable to price it at that much but I don't  do unusual suggestions so idk.

You'd generally assume that fetti > power surge, right? Here you go: http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Western%20Wear

And for this hat, you'd assume Scorching > Anti-Freeze, but: http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Strontium%20Stove%20Pipe

The idea of effect tier is only really a rough guide for pricing. It's not the be all end all when it comes to settling on a value.

It's because that that many people would pay more than 40 keys for it which will have users start offering a bit more (i.e bidding it up) hence it will always sell around it's true value (the highest others will pay for it).

If a user sold a burning tc for 40keys disregarding the many many offers above that it will be considered invalid proof because it will only be because they are stupid or something. Rules are there as a guideline and it isnt a excuse to ignore logic.

If an item did genuinely sell for 40 over and over again without anyone paying more then that item is worth 40 keys. Items get their value from how much others are willing to pay for it at the time of sale not because of "effect tiers" which you addressed in your later post. "tiers" only exist because selected effects are generally well liked and gain more demand hence will have a larger amount of people bidding up it's price.

Go to the G. Fetti Sole Mate and the amount of people saying it won't last.

3 months later the price still stands.

Who priced it?

Bloody me.

You'd generally assume that fetti > power surge, right? Here you go: http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Western%20Wear

And for this hat, you'd assume Scorching > Anti-Freeze, but: http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Strontium%20Stove%20Pipe

The idea of effect tier is only really a rough guide for pricing. It's not the be all end all when it comes to settling on a value.

1. That western is an obvious outlier I would buy one anyday for that price someone even said in comments he would buy one for 20 keys.

2. 6th month pricing is not even considered as proce. Scorching hasn't been priced for 6th months you can't use that as your claim if it is not recent。I seen outdated fetti higher than burning but obviously it's not getting offers higher than burning.

1. That western is an obvious outlier I would buy one anyday for that price someone even said in comments he would buy one for 20 keys.

2. 6th month pricing is not even considered as proce. Scorching hasn't been priced for 6th months you can't use that as your claim if it is not recent。I seen outdated fetti higher than burning but obviously it's not getting offers higher than burning.

Yet this thread is going on about an outdated unusual (C9 Tartan) being the same price as a Death at Dusk version. I see no difference.

Yet this thread is going on about an outdated unusual (C9 Tartan) being the same price as a Death at Dusk version. I see no difference.

You'd generally assume that fetti > power surge, right? Here you go: http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Western%20Wear

And for this hat, you'd assume Scorching > Anti-Freeze, but: http://backpack.tf/unusuals/Strontium%20Stove%20Pipe

I'm not talking about the thread, I'm talking about your quote. And there is a difference. You don't have to use C9 as a price guide cause it is outdated but  P Energy and DBD both got priced around the last two weeks. You still can use those offers as reference. C9 can still be used as a reference point but not at the bp.tf price, price it on what it is getting offered around. When your doing high tier unusual trading, unusual are always outdated. You got to use your intuition, the help of your friends, and offers to price the unusual. You can't always go by bp.tf, if you do you will start loosing a lot. Even if bp.tf priced something at a point, you still have to investigate what it's really worth if you think somethings wrong with it or you think it's an outlier. There have been plenty of passed suggestions on sales of an unusual that probably won't  get offered the same again.

I'm not talking about the thread, I'm talking about your quote. And there is a difference. You don't have to use C9 as a price guide cause it is outdated but P Energy and DBD both got priced around the last two weeks. You still can use those offers as reference. C9 can still be used as a reference point but not at the bp.tf price, price it on what it is getting offered around. When your doing high tier unusual trading, unusual are always outdated. You got to use your intuition, the help of your friends, and offers to price the unusual. You can't always go by bp.tf, if you do you will start loosing a lot. Even if bp.tf priced something at a point, you still have to investigate what it's really worth if you think somethings wrong with it or you think it's an outlier. There have been plenty of passed suggestions on sales of an unusual that probably won't get offered the same again.

I totally agree with this guy .

Archived