Unusual Crown of the Old Kingdoms?

Puddkingkip's Selfie

I knew there was like, 1 or 2. All I really knew was that there's a haunted ghosts one.

But recently i saw a bubbling one and a vivid plasma one.

Are they glitched items? or are they just really rare, like the Mask of the shaman?

We don't know yet.

Maybe they're glitched, maybe they're supposed to be unboxable. We don't really have a way to know for sure.

I saw a guy with a Blizz Storm one on a MvM server today. 

I think they are just rare.

I don't think they're rare, I think they've just recently been added to the unusual pool. I guarantee we'll start seeing more in a few weeks. 

If I unboxed one now though I'd say it's rare as all hell and high ball it, then sell at the best pure offer. 

Um, redpoemage?

although the shaman mask is rare

do you really think it's rarer than an all class hat with only ~5 in existence?

lmao

Um, redpoemage?

lmao

I agree with him.. Only 66 shamans have been unboxed in about 4-5 years, within a couple of months, 5 of these crowns exist. They're more than likely to get thrown into another box, and maybe even be massively unboxed like thirst bloods were.

The bubbling got sold for a Purple Hellfire (whats that one) Executioner. Or it might have been a poisoned shadows one.

Whatever, 300 keys in unusual.

Um, redpoemage?

lmao

I meant unbox rate rare, not rarer by number. Of course a hat that got released fairly recently is going to be rarer in number :P Unusual Boxcar Bomber's are one of the rarest unusuals in existence if you go by that criteria for rarity. Unbox rates is what matters most for long term value, right now it's just hype.

I own the Vivid version and tried to do some digging around to see what's going on.... I spoke to the creator and he has no idea, he said he just designs it and rest is up to valve.

It could be a rare unbox, it could be a glitch, it could get mass unboxed but no one knows and only time will tell.

It could be a rare unbox, it could be a glitch, it could get mass unboxed but no one knows and only time will tell.

I think time has already told us it's not a glitch. I mean, the last time an item that wasn't supposed to be unusual was getting unboxed (the heavy shirts) Valve fixed that in... less than a day, if I recall? Whereas these have been getting unboxed regularly, if infrequently, for a while now.

Just rare is the sensible option to be taking here, I think.

I think time has already told us it's not a glitch. I mean, the last time an item that wasn't supposed to be unusual was getting unboxed (the heavy shirts) Valve fixed that in... less than a day, if I recall? Whereas these have been getting unboxed regularly, if infrequently, for a while now.

Just rare is the sensible option to be taking here, I think.

Not all glitches are created equal and the fact you end it with I think shows you aren't sure. But yeah It does look like a rare unbox more so than a glitch but it could still be a glitch... no1 can say with any certainty atm.

Archived