Improvements To Steam Trading!

Sovietek

Are you asking this as in from a valve employee who is looking to implement new features on to the steam client or just how to improve steam trading in general? 

If it's the latter download steam inventory helper (make sure set it to auto block all friend requests if private profile + steam level 0) and enhanced steam these are both plugins which make your life so much easier.

An option in trade window to bring up all past owners of the said item(s) in the trade window.The Past Owners button on the item will bring up list of all the users who have owned that item since it was created (crafted, bought etc). This history will be the true item history recorded by steam as the item traded. This should be very useful when trading with people you aren't too sure about. People who have been flagged for attempted scam/fraud on steam will have a red highlight or warning symbol by the username. Also a link to the steam profile would be included with the username. If one of the profiles on the list is private it will show a small notification next to that username.

So it should look a bit like this:

Past Owners -

| Bart            -

| Colo89       - [P] (something like "p" to show that this one is private)

| Beastdo     -

| Penek         -

| Vadilov       -

The Past Owners option would be included here in this little tab on the item.

lRvnZjD.png

Sorry if this seems confusing but it's just off the top of my head.

Cheers~  :D

- snip -

Valve has made it pretty clear by removing access to sellers' profile on SCM that they don't want to touch this whole buying from a  scammer thing.   If they're trade banned, you can't trade with them anyway.  

Hi all,

I'm asking to see soem of your opinions on what would improve steam trades!

It an be anything!

Stop spamming threads.

Adding Trade Offer notifications to the client would be lovely.

I know Enhanced Steam offers this but the notification tends to come up after I've accepted/declined

Adding Trade Offer notifications to the client would be lovely.

I know Enhanced Steam offers this but the notification tends to come up after I've accepted/declined

This +1 million

He made 4 threads all at once when he made this one.

I love how you instantly assume im a 'he'.

Have a long hard think about your life :B1:

Archived