ThatOtherChigga #Mack

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

Well I had scyther as avatar for almost a year so uhm ya, my favourite Pokémon is scyther. Fall in love with his sword dance. <3

I have every main pokémon edition and spend thousands of hours with them.

No.

Well I had scyther as avatar for almost a year so uhm ya, my favourite Pokémon is scyther. Fall in love with his sword dance. <3

I have every main pokémon edition and spend thousands of hours with them.

I was going to ask why you changed your pic from scyther to witch of the wilds, I got used to seeing the scyther pic

but scizor will always be better (unless agains a fire type ofc)

I have ~700 on my gen I games and ~650 on my gen II games, I haven't played much of gens III and IV (I do own sapphire and heartgold, though) and I got ~200 hours on black.

I was going to ask why you changed your pic from scyther to witch of the wilds, I got used to seeing the scyther pic

but scizor will always be better (unless agains a fire type ofc)

I have ~700 on my gen I games and ~650 on my gen II games, I haven't played much of gens III and IV (I do own sapphire and heartgold, though) and I got ~200 hours on black.

I restarted most of my editions like 3 times and played them completely. Also I played every edition I had on an emulator as well in fast forward and stuff. I know pretty much every hidden item in the first 3 generations and stuff like that (Haven't played the gen 4+ that intentsive). Spent many hours on pokewiki (the german bullapedia site) as well and even edited some articles there.

I also played pokémon competitive for a little while but I always enjoyed playing it alone way more.

Damn I'm a real pokémon nerd, lol.^^

I restarted most of my editions like 3 times and played them completely. Also I played every edition I had on an emulator as well in fast forward and stuff. I know pretty much every hidden item in the first 3 generations and stuff like that (Haven't played the gen 4+ that intentsive). Spent many hours on pokewiki (the german bullapedia site) as well and even edited some articles there.

I also played pokémon competitive for a little while but I always enjoyed playing it alone way more.

Damn I'm a real pokémon nerd, lol.^^

I haven't played in quite some time.

I know almost everything about the first 2 generations, I was even able to name all of the pokémon up to #251, now I can't lol.

I remember there was some hidden item in viridian forest next to a tree, I restarted blue at least 6 times, just to get several of the starters lol (and to get mew, the missigno glitch fucked up one of my saves)

What was really helpful was the fastforward option in pokemon stadium (2), but getting it for the gen 2 games was a pain in the ass

wtf is choice scarf

Choice items give a 50% increase to a particular stat (Band = Attack, Scarf = Speed, Specs = Sp. Attack), but the pokemon with the item can only use one move until they are swapped out or defeated.

Also, regarding Ditto, a Dream World Ditto has the ability Imposter, which allows it to immediately Transform upon entering battle. So, Ditto's gone up a few tiers since Gen V.

Choice items give a 50% increase to a particular stat (Band = Attack, Scarf = Speed, Specs = Sp. Attack), but the pokemon with the item can only use one move until they are swapped out or defeated.

Also, regarding Ditto, a Dream World Ditto has the ability Imposter, which allows it to immediately Transform upon entering battle. So, Ditto's gone up a few tiers since Gen V.

2muchgenIV4me

Charmeleon, persian and farfetche'd just because speed rules. Absurd crit chances, always the first to attack. Lvl 70 or higher of those 3 can beat the elite 4 5 times in a row without healing or items (well I started them all as lvl 70's, after the 5th time they were around lvl 78). I still maim gen.1 though I never can find anything and I never even olayed gen 3 or higher. Had a share of gen. 2 but only liked 5 orso New Pokémon so I went back to gen. 1.

I've always liked Floatzel. Fast, relatively powerful-

iunno. I stopped using Floatzel a while back, but I forget why.

And if I had the patience to do so, I would train Shuckle to level 100 with an emphasis on defence, then use power trick and attempt to wreck the entire enemy team.

Salamence.

Haven't played in over two years, barring the game I just played with Luke. Used to do tourneys and shit. Maybe I should buy a used DS?

Charmeleon, persian and farfetche'd just because speed rules.

I can't see how Farfetch'd is on there if Speed is the deciding factor. It's Speed stat (As well as the rest of it's stats) is abysmal when compared to others of it's type. Persian is decent because of the way crits are calculated in Gen 1, but it's a fragile, one-trick pony.

Really, if you want a Gen 1 non-legendary speed team, it'd be Electrode, Dugtrio, Alakazam, Starmie, Gengar, & Tauros.

All 6 of those are faster than Charmeleon (Or Charizard for that matter) and Farfetch'd, and Tauros and Gengar are only slightly slower than Persian, but are much more robust and adaptable.

Magikarp :3

And does anyone wants to challenge me in pokemon showdown? :o

I'll do it for wagers.

My favorite pokemon is probably Pikachu (unoriginal), Charizard, Gyrados, or Blastoise. I've played most of the pkmn games, except Gen 5. Used to love restarting and replaying Pokémon Firered and Emerald, so many hours of joy.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here attempted a Nuzlocke challenge?

For those that don't know what it is the core rules are:

1) You can only catch the first pokemon you encounter in each area. If it's a dupe or you accidentally kill it, tough luck.

2) Nickname all your pokemon to reinforce your bonds with them

3) If a pokemon faints, it is considered KIA and must be released or permanently boxed.

Grinding is discouraged as it defeats the purpose of the challenge. Same thing tends to be with items.

I've started a few myself, but have never played one to it's conclusion (Total wipe or victory over E4).

For those curious as to where the challenge started: It'd be this webcomic  Hale's Emerald Comic also helped increase the popularity of the challenge.

Archived