What's the Interest in This?

Keroro1454

Any Interest in a Weekly "Top Ten in World News"?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Any Interest in a Weekly "Top Ten in World News"?

• Yes!
    • No, that's stupid.

Hello Everyone!

I've recently come up with an idea to both aid in practicing for my extemp tournaments and keep everyone on here a little more informed. Thus, I present to you: The Weekly Top Ten!

Essentially, I'm going to compile a list of the top ten most noteworthy events of each week, and post them every Sunday. I'll post the general title, along with a summary and backstory of each event. I'll stay as neutral in each event as humanly possible, although in case I subconsciously slant, I'll make it known ahead of time that I'm both Catholic and slightly Republican (Although I like to consider myself more a "half-and-half" than anything else). I'll also provide at least 2 sources, and I'll make sure they're reliably (Which is a must in extemp anyway).

So, what are your thoughts? Anything you think I should add? I want to know before tomorrow, because frankly this will be a good amount of work.

EDIT: I should mention this has been already  approved by puddingkip

I think it would be pretty cool. I get 90% of my news from reddit just because I don't actually bother checking on actual news sites, so a weekly thing here would be pretty cool.

To see it explained from the view of a concerned younger person would make news more interesting for us all, I'm sure.

I am curious to see the sources you will use, anyway go for it :)

It is always a good exercise to confront different point of views / interpretations on a same event.

I'm sorry to do this everyone, but due to a massive work obligation that ended taking longer than expected, combined with studying for goddamn Chinese :(, I'm going to have to push the delivery back 'til tomorrow. OP will deliver, just in a unfortunate delay. Thanks for a relatively positive response, although I'd like to hear why some people are against the idea.

...or just watch the news.On a serious note, if you have the time, go for it.

I read the newspaper almost every day. With the attention on almost. I miss it once or twice in a week. That could be a day at which something happens I would have wanted to know. I think weekly news recaps are pretty useful.

Plus reading news from another country is different to reading domestic news. On this internet news site I use (nu.nl) MH17 has been the top story on the front page three times this week. I'm certain it hasn't had anywhere near as much attention in any other country. The same is true for other countries which have other top news stories. I think it's a neat idea and am looking forward to the first overview

Archived