Scrap.tf monopoly of craft hats?

Vaccinated Autist

53 members have voted

1. 1. is scrap.tf a monopoly of craft hats?

is scrap.tf a monopoly of craft hats for you people?

for me it is a monopoly since people buy and sell craft hats to them mostly.

i have seen people buying craft hats for 1.33 too in scrap.tf since they change the prices in scrap.tf for buying to 1.44

Yes, scrap.tf literally has every single craft hat available to trade, and there are absolutely none on market right now.

/sarcasm

Monopoly: the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service

So no. They don't control the prices, although they do have an influence on the minimum prices. They have the same sort of influence on prices that backpack.tf itself does.

They also don't even have many good hats most of the time, only ones that people can't sell for a profit

95% of the items in my backpack are brought from there. I miss the days when I used to find hats worth 1 key + in the hat bot for 1.33 ref :( 

Soon: Roosebelt antitrust laws against monopolies, and valve goes to scrap.tf to break them up.

In all reality I think backpack.tf is the monopoly, as it holds sole discretion to change prices. Backpack.tf does influence the market, because of its influence over new players. but hey, I don't see why such a monopoly is bad.

• 2 weeks later...

....In all reality I think backpack.tf is the monopoly....

(Deep breath)

Backpack.tf does NOT control the market, it REFLECTS it to the community.

Yes, scrap.tf literally has every single craft hat available to trade, and there are absolutely none on market right now.

/sarcasm

Monopoly: the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service

So no. They don't control the prices, although they do have an influence on the minimum prices. They have the same sort of influence on prices that backpack.tf itself does.

They also don't even have many good hats most of the time, only ones that people can't sell for a profit

The economic definition of a monopoly is controlling roughly over 40% of the market if I'm not mistaken (with there being no bigger player). Even though you don't fully own the market you have all the market influence with your market share. Scrap.tf probably does have a craft hat monopoly but don't control 100% of the market.

Archived