PSA: Stop blaming Medics for your own faults

michael-

Title.

People beat the shit out of Medics for things that are their own faults. A lot. Stop, seriously. Unless a Med is truly shit (drops a bunch, attempts to engage in combat w/o his team, etc.), there is no reason to overreact (especially in lobbies) and blame your Med.

Today, I played a Mumble required lobby on TF2C. I was a Med, and did fairly well (2.1 KA/D, shameless brag). After the game, those playing Demo and Spy were basically blaming the loss (2-3, it was really close) on me for healing "our shit Heavy". True, I did give him 39% heals... because he communicated with me. While our Demo and Spy never did anything. No callouts, nothing, all on a Mumble req lobby, too. Then, they blame me. I clearly told them where to go for buffs, and always made sure they were overhealed. I couldn't pop on them as they weren't communicating with me, so naturally I popped mostly on the "shit Heavy" (because apparently his 4.6 KA/D is "shit"). 

Another occasion, my teammates got mad when I forced. Forced. Meaning, "I can't do anything and don't want to die." Basically, they told me I was playing too aggressively (when I believed I was actually playing too passive, we lost the game because of our dysfunctionality). 

tl;dr, stop blaming Meds for your shit. 

Thanks.

i don't know what posting here would do, none of us actually play the game

this has become such an issue there's a meme about it :S

none of us actually play the game

You can't speak for everyone here, I know for a fact rainford does and so do I on the regular.

It's the common class based conundrum, gamer girl. This happens in any game with a healing focused class. Especially MMO's such as world of warcraft.

You can't speak for everyone here, I know for a fact rainford does and so do I on the regular.

It's the common class based conundrum, gamer girl. This happens in any game with a healing focused class. Especially MMO's such as world of warcraft.

Are we referring to casual playing, or like tournament-intensity and crap? Because I do fall under the former.

Same here; I play both casual tf2 and lobby games, and unfortunately this kind of mentality is still pretty common, especially in regards to medics, pyros and engies.

Oh, you didn't heal me because I wasn't a priority heal target, I wasn't hurt to being with, I didn't communicate where I was, or me callin for you got you in the line of fire and caused your death or caused you to pop your uber in order to save yourself? You're a bad medic.

Oh, I got backstabbed by a spy despite our pyro currently dominating the spy, pushing back ubers and properly reflecting projectiles from our damage/support classes while I can't be bothered to even turn around? You're a bad pyro.

Oh, your gun went down because you got focused by the other teams spy and flank classes while your team gave you no support whatsoever? You're a bad engie.

-Snip snap-

I know someone who got yelled at for "not knowing the teleporter spots" on their first lobby ever, and that is why whenever I visit TF2Center I freeze up and end up never playing, because I'm going to do one minor thing and the whole team is going to spend the rest of it chewing me out.

I know someone who got yelled at for "not knowing the teleporter spots" on their first lobby ever, and that is why whenever I visit TF2Center I freeze up and end up never playing, because I'm going to do one minor thing and the whole team is going to spend the rest of it chewing me out.

Yeaaaahhh lobbies are kind of like mvm; if you go in alone you either end up playing with a pretty chill/decent team, or you end up playing with a bunch of sore players who do nothing but find the faults in everything. Hence why I never go into lobbies alone anymore unless a majority of the team is made of people I know; it ain't worth the gamble to go in alone.

Counter-PSA - Don't waste your effort caring about what bad players think or say.

I really will only dump on a medic if they're spewing syringes for a whopping 9 damage total, to try and kill an enemy that I'm currently fighting for them instead of healing me while I do it.

Archived