Boston Bombing Trial

Santa Heavy

It's a figure of speech, not an invocation.  It's like when people say "god dammit" after they stub their toe.  They don't actually mean to call on god to damn the thing they stubbed their toe on.  That would be retarded.

...don't tell me that's what you actually think

Oh my god, you do!

Little rude with your assumptions, but I'll let it slide. I don't think of it in a literal sense. I just found it funny that you invoked in any way Jesus' name, given your previously expressed belief. Kinda hurt that you'd just immediately take me for a crazy "holy roller", but ah well.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I shall try to put more emphasis on sarcasm, I suppose, next time.

My bad :L. You never know though, so much scary shit on this forum at times :P

Yeah I'm a pussy for not openly expressing a fervent bloodlust for somebody I never met and who has done no harm to me personally and no harm to anyone I know.

Granted, he's guilty.  Granted, what he did was horrible.  This does not give me any cause to relish the thought of his death.  To take pleasure in the thought of it.  To declare my desire for his death to the rest of the world.  That's barbaric.  And that's what I see going on ITT.

Ugh, you're stupid dude!

I'm not "relishing" the thought of killing him.

Relishing the thought seems to be your only defense against the people here that have sense and support the death penalty.

WE ARE NOT RELISHING THE THOUGHT

WE'RE NOT SMILING AND GETTING HIGH OFF HIM DYING

IT IS JUSTICE

It's the enabling douches like you that will support anyone in the defense of "ITS BARBARIC"

Yep, we are barbaric for ridding the world of someone that kills innocent people.

Jesus, some people ._.

In my experience; whenever I visit the politcal section of the forums and heated bread has made a comment, he always has a very critical view on the subject being discussed and he is always against the majorities thoughts on the matter. To me it seems like he stalks these forums thinking up ways to start flame wars and be condescending.

Most likely

or maybe he's just stupid xD

if you read the evidence that the site presents maybe you could form a real opinion rather than simply believing what you're told. maybe you would stop being so opinionated and biased against a (relatively) valid conspiracy theory.

edit: im not gonna say what i believe about this. though i reckon if you have no doubts, you should look harder

Perhaps you should follow your own advice and not jump to conclusions. I expressed disbelief at the articles content. That would thus entail...what? Perhaps that I read the article, and was then making an opinion on it. I feel that not only is the site incorrect or misleading in much of its information (Not to mention horribly designed), but appears to cherry-pick photos. I'll give you a quick example here. This photo was taken as 9/11 occured, and has been extremely controversial.

Young-people-chat-as-the--005.jpg

Now from this photo, you could assume without great effort- "How could these monsters? Smiling and chatting while a travesty occurs only a few miles away!" However, this was not actually what was happening. These people didn't know what was happening, and when they found out they were mortified. So what does the prove? It shows that a picture can often be manipulated to suit the user or presenters' purposes.

Ugh, you're stupid dude!

Relishing the thought seems to be your only defense against the people here that have sense and support the death penalty.

IT IS JUSTICE

It's the enabling douches like you that will support anyone in the defense of "ITS BARBARIC"

Yep, we are barbaric for ridding the world of someone that kills innocent people.

Jesus, some people ._.

I think the wording here is a bit crude, but I understand (and agree) what you're trying to get across. I don't take pleasure in death. I simply feel that those who have committed monstrous deeds must pay a high price. Death is never really enjoyable, but it (rarely) can serve as an ultimate price, a real deterrent. If I said, "Oh yeah, I get off to him being dead. 'Merica! Kill anyone who disagrees with me!", then we'd have an issue of someone enjoying the thought of murder.

Ugh, you're stupid dude!

IT IS JUSTICE

Jesus, some people ._.

Did you even read some of these comments?  Here, look at them:

one's already dead, and I personally don't want this scumbag to walk the earth for another second.

Yeah, kill that fucker!  I personally want him dead too!

I personally believe the death penalty is a great way to punish those that we would rather not keep feeding and wasting tax dollars on but maybe keeping him alive will cause more suffering than death would.

We shouldn't kill him, for no other reason than so that we can maximize his suffering!

Like stated earlier, why should we give him mercy?

No mercy!  Yeah!

Well if that's truly the case then they case waste a few volts on him instead. Good riddance. 

Kill, kill!

I want to see him beat up in prison by the other inmates, but that won't happen (cause solitary confinement)

Anywhore, kill the fucker

YEAH, TORTURE!!!!!!  Its such a shame he'll never be tortured.  ;(

So anyway, KILL KILL!!!!

There's no reason to waste resources on these pieces of shit.

Death penalty. An eye for an eye or, in this case, an eye for three eyes.

Kill the killer!  He's less than human!  Kill him, revive him, and then kill him again over and over until it's even!

Kill the bastard,

Uhhhh I just came.

Tbh life sentence would be worse for him, it's basically torture, think about it a young kid in a prison full of real thugs all waiting for him to drop the soap :)

I wouldnt mind either

UHHH FUCK YEAH I HOPE HE GETS RAPED!!! :) :) :) :)

Yeah, so totally not barbaric, not at all disturbing, and not at all relishing in the thought of this guy's suffering and/or death.

Totally.

Look, I understand dispassionately weighing the options in favor of the death penalty, and some people are doing that.  Some, however, are not.  And I find that... sad, and just a bit sickening.

Death Penalty.

Millions of dollars are funneled into jailhouses to keep scum like this alive, and sometimes when they're freed, they do it again

The death penalty should be used for crimes such as murder or worse, and the judge should only be lenient if the convicted is extremely guilty

I know there are a few problems with this method, like people being falsely accused, but with enough evidence, I say go for it

How does that follow?

You said:

We all pretty much agree that killing in self-defense is okay, but the death penalty is essentially state sanctioned premeditated murder, and we're okay with it because it's a ruling handed down by a court.

Earlier someone said "life sentences are basically torture". I agree. So could you not say:

We all pretty much agree that killing in self-defense is okay, but the life sentence is essentially state sanctioned torture, and we're okay with it because it's a ruling handed down by a court.

Yeah, kill that fucker!  I personally want him dead too!

We shouldn't kill him, for no other reason than so that we can maximize his suffering!

No mercy!  Yeah!

Kill, kill!

YEAH, TORTURE!!!!!!  Its such a shame he'll never be tortured.  ;(

So anyway, KILL KILL!!!!

Kill the killer!  He's less than human!  Kill him, revive him, and then kill him again over and over until it's even!

Uhhhh I just came.

The passive aggressiveness and sarcasm is strong with this one

You didn't even seem to know what some comments were saying in this reply

You also contradict yourself. You say " totally not barbaric, not at all disturbing, and not at all relishing in the thought of this guy's suffering and/or death", but instead of putting him to death, you want him to still suffer in jail for the rest of his life. It's one or the other, and you don't seem to want either, so why comment?

Since this was in response to my original comment, I shall respond.

I never said anything of the like. I said kill him. He killed 3, and injured over 200 people. I never overexaggerated killing him. I simply said there's no reason to waste resources and money on a truly awful human who deserves to die. Though, I'm not sure what you think. Do you suppose we just release him? Would that satisfy your ultra-liberal views, a second chance for a crazed extremist that has no value of human life? 

You said:

Earlier someone said "life sentences are basically torture". I agree. So could you not say:

I wouldn't, because I don't think incarceration is equivalent to torture.  One might describe it as torturous, but that doesn't mean it's literally torture.  I could describe plucking my nose hairs that way, and it doesn't make it actually torture either.

Now, if you want to talk about human rights, or the practicality of life sentences with no possibility of parole, and what constitutes unreasonable suffering, I think there's probably some room for fruitful debate/discussion there.  I think one could make the case that life without parole qualifies as unreasonable suffering and is a horribly inefficient form of punishment.

The passive aggressiveness and sarcasm is strong with this one

You didn't even seem to know what some comments were saying in this reply

You also contradict yourself. You say " totally not barbaric, not at all disturbing, and not at all relishing in the thought of this guy's suffering and/or death", but instead of putting him to death, you want him to still suffer in jail for the rest of his life. It's one or the other, and you don't seem to want either, so why comment?

I just think it's fucked-up the way some of the posters so casually devalue human life, and even seem to enjoy it and think it's justified for them to behave that way.  So I'd rather say something instead of letting it pass.

Since this was in response to my original comment, I shall respond.

I never said anything of the like. I said kill him. He killed 3, and injured over 200 people. I never overexaggerated killing him. I simply said there's no reason to waste resources and money on a truly awful human who deserves to die. Though, I'm not sure what you think. Do you suppose we just release him? Would that satisfy your ultra-liberal views, a second chance for a crazed extremist that has no value of human life? 

Your confusion might stem from the fact that I haven't actually stated my position on the issue.  It's because I don't have one.  I don't know what's best in this case, and I won't pretend to.  I think it's a tough issue.  Ideally, I don't want to live in a world where either option is acceptable.

Personally I would want to live in a world where rehabilitation is an effective option, but not only would that require a huge leap forward in psychology and perhaps technology, but would also require us to reform the prison system to make it less like a training camp for crooks as well as do something about getting inmates more smoothly transitioned back into the general population.

It's not an ideal world, and reliable effective rehabilitation across the board seems like a pipe dream.  I'm fine with people thinking of me as being a starry eyed dreaming fool.  I admit that the real world is much harsher than what I'd like to see it become.

So again, when it comes to either life in prison without the possibility of parole or the death penalty, I'd rather have neither.  If forced to choose, I honestly can't say which.  I think they are both big bowls of shit.

Real easy to say that the dude should be killed over the internet, but ultimately if you were  the one to end his life, Could you do it? 

I don't personally agree with the death sentence no matter what the situation. My vote is for him to rot in prison, That's what he deserves.

Real easy to say that the dude should be killed over the internet, but ultimately if you were  the one to end his life, Could you do it? 

If it's an injection, yes. I would find it troubling to perform any other method.

But now that I think about it, I think jail may be a better option, simply because he likely would rather death, seeing how it's almost certain he's under the whole "47 virgins" delusion. And in response to an anticipated Heated Bread reply, yes I would rather do the opposite of what he wants. I refuse to accommodate the (selfish) desires of this monster.

Tbh life sentence would be worse for him, it's basically torture, think about it a young kid in a prison full of real thugs all waiting for him to drop the soap :)

I wouldnt mind either

It would no doubt be solitary confinement 

Death Penalty.

Millions of dollars are funneled into jailhouses to keep scum like this alive

Not that it should matter, cause his life should of course come before money, but death penalty is more expensive than life sentence.

Not that it should matter, cause his life should of course come before money, but death penalty is more expensive than life sentence.

How does that work out?

Yeah, so totally not barbaric, not at all disturbing, and not at all relishing in the thought of this guy's suffering and/or death.

Look, I understand dispassionately weighing the options in favor of the death penalty, and some people are doing that.  Some, however, are not.  And I find that... sad, and just a bit sickening.

I never said I hope he gets raped you're basically forcing words into my mouth. I simply stated that both possible sentences he faces are pretty damn horrible, one where life is ended and the nation doesn't have to use resources to keep him alive and the other which is basically torture for the rest of his life.

I wouldnt be comfortable with such a human being "set" off back to society even with re-rehabilitation, and it's ideas like that where later on down the road they end up doing something again. He isnt mentally ill, he isnt under some brainwashed he knew perfectly well what he was doing and the consequences of those actions.

I wouldnt care for anyone who blatantly disregards others (unless under the unfluence/metally ill/brain washed) as long as he isnt in a position to hurt anyone, everyone is happy hence why I said I wouldnt care which sentence he gets as either way he doesnt have the possibility of being a menace to others anymore.

Even if the guillotine looks a bit outdated, it is one of the best way to kill people : fast process = no suffer.

An other effective way of killing people, is long rope hanging.

I have read articles about injections, it appeared really awful and digusting how a person can suffer before his death.

Often, there are several attempts to kill the person because the poison is not adapted.

It is very important to avoid useless suffering because the society shall promote human dignity.

Death penalty goal is not to make the person suffer, it is to remove the person from society, avoid recidivism, avoid useless spendings, etc. It has also a dissuasive effect and must remain the exception.

I don't believe that that information, while technically correct, would apply in this scenario, simply because I feel like they're going to try to rush it along if he does get the death penalty.

Even if the guillotine looks a bit outdated, it is one of the best way to kill people : fast process = no suffer.

An other effective way of killing people, is long rope hanging.

I have read articles about injections, it appeared really awful and digusting how a person can suffer before his death.

Often, there are several attempts to kill the person because the poison is not adapted.

It is very important to avoid useless suffering because the society shall promote human dignity.

Death penalty goal is not to make the person suffer, it is to remove the person from society, avoid recidivism, avoid useless spendings, etc. It has also a dissuasive effect and must remain the exception.

I'm pretty sure hanging people causes suffering. And the articles you have read about lethal injections must have been rather recent? There have been like 3 cases where the person suffered from the injection, all rather recently, and all caused by a lack of the proper drug mix, rather than the concept itself.

I don't believe that that information, while technically correct, would apply in this scenario, simply because I feel like they're going to try to rush it along if he does get the death penalty.

I don't even know where the fuck to start with this. You seem to disbelieve statistics you dislike and you seem to be completely at ease with people being put to death even with an impoper trial. And then you're yapping on about the Boston bomber being a religious delusional. Are you for real or just trolling?

I'm pretty sure hanging people causes suffering. And the articles you have read about lethal injections must have been rather recent? There have been like 3 cases where the person suffered from the injection, all rather recently, and all caused by a lack of the proper drug mix, rather than the concept itself.

I checked wikipedia : hanging, methods of judicial hanging and other sites. Basically there are 2 main versions : long rope and short rope.

The long rope hanging is designed to kill rapidly the person and 'avoid' sufferings. On the contrary, the short rope hanging is painful and really disturbing if you witness the scene.

I don't have sources on lethal injection, but I read several articles on it. I thought before it was an effective and quick way to kill people, then I made up my opinion : injections are different depending on the private laboratories that are chosen, they may select cheap poison or use not enough poison. The process may last at best, few minutes (2-5 min) but often lasts more than 5 minutes, sometimes 15min or more, with an high rate of failures (which implies new attempts and more cruel solutions). Maybe I just read some alarmist article, but I don't think so :/

Archived